Honored Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2  For me, it was Bob's Big Boy or Shoney's with the killer strawberry pie... I loved those places. There was one at college where we sometimes went for an actual meal. The food wasn't spectacular but it was tasty, somewhat nutritious and reasonably priced and the pies were amazing... I still, at times, jones for their fried fish dinner and, it goes without saying, a slice of strawberry pie, even if I'm not a big fan of strawberries...

MORENO VALLEY: B'Bye to Bob's Big Boy – Press Enterprise

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wide legged cropped pants are everywhere on the shopping channels. I don't know about this.  If you are a petite/medium, I wonder if it would make you look shorter and boxier.

Trending (not bad) 

MarlaWynne Pleated Wide-Leg Cropped Pant"As Is" Democracy Printed Wide-Leg Crop Pant

meh

NYDJ Teresa Wide-Leg Ankle Jeans- Rinse - A398388

G.I.L.I. Jetsetter Wide-Leg Crop Pants - A354938

Maybe (but this gal is tall, so no fair) 

J.Jill Linen Wide Leg Pants with Pockets - A390676

I haven't bought any new clothes for ONE year. So, coming out of the cocoon, just not sure anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  I'm tall and somewhat lean, though not as lean as I was before this fiasco started, and I don't personally think that wide leg crop look flatters anybody... Another trend I'll soundly ignore... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Wide legged cropped pants are everywhere on the shopping channels. I don't know about this.  If you are a petite/medium, I wonder if it would make you look shorter and boxier.

Trending (not bad) 

MarlaWynne Pleated Wide-Leg Cropped Pant"As Is" Democracy Printed Wide-Leg Crop Pant

meh

NYDJ Teresa Wide-Leg Ankle Jeans- Rinse - A398388

G.I.L.I. Jetsetter Wide-Leg Crop Pants - A354938

Maybe (but this gal is tall, so no fair) 

J.Jill Linen Wide Leg Pants with Pockets - A390676

I haven't bought any new clothes for ONE year. So, coming out of the cocoon, just not sure anymore. 

@hicindy2  I'm tall and skinny, but I will never wear these pants.👖👎🏻

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 

You must be close to my age.Woman Wink

I truly believe my whole body is going to H in a handbasket. You noticed, I didn't say Easter basket. Between ears, eyes , thumbs, hair, skin and anything in between it is all going south. I hope all went well with the ear wash for you and will help with your sinus's and allergies. Speaking of allergies, mine started acting up last night. At first I thought I was coming down with a cold. Then it came to me that I'd been outside in the wind and the pollen is already on the loose. I took my allergy pill and woke up this morning A OK. Thank heavens.

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Leeny  Good luck out there.  I am going tomorrow to Kaiser to get my ears flushed with the nurse.  I know..real life keeps getting in my way. Sinus, allergies, etc.  Know that it is time when the TV goes "wah wah wah" at me instead of the commentary. Great, so I need new glasses AND my hearing is affected AND my trigger thumb is still mildly acting up. At least the dentist is up to date. This has to change. Too much deferred maintenance. 

My parents used to whisper about me with the dishwasher going in the kitchen and I could hear them in the back bedroom. I'd say "stop talking about me" and freak them out. I generally have great hearing. 

Am beginning to feel like this and you know that when you start to have a "special" bag just to bring to the doctor's office with room for a Kindle etc. . 

@1Professor  Were you able to squeeze in at get the second vaccine dose? 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Yes, my new handbag, does help with all the "stuff" going on in my upside down world. I haven't moved into it yet, but I think I may change into it this evening. DH has his wonderful appointments at the clinic tomorrow. Labs, CAT scan, and dr. visit. The bag will be my distraction Woman Happy 

I've noticed my memory and recall are not at their best. I am going to blame it on having fibromialgia.. It's called brain fog. Oh, I did find my cross necklace. It was in "one" of my jewelry boxes and if it had gotten any closer to it, it would have bitten me. I bet I looked in that box 6 times. It's down right crazy.

We both know which one got away, or should I say the #1 that got a way. dada.... The Ro--

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny  Well pretty clearly, the bag can't make up for the GI stuff, but it is something to look forward to... Smiley Very Happy so glad you like it...

As for my lapses of memory, I can't really blame them all on this year-long debacle, but for sure it hasn't helped... I also feel like I never really moved into this place. I made the error of not taking enough time off when I first moved in to really get things set up and organized and it seems like I've just never caught up, so the perpetual state of disarray makes it that much easier to lose what one might be looking for...

Don't even remind me of the one that got away... There have been many, but one I'll never get over and a second that will always haunt me too...

Poor @hicindy2... according to her, she's falling apart before our very eyes... And one might guess it doesn't help to have former coworkers calling her a drama queen and even her parents seeking the semi-anonymity of the running dishwasher to 'discuss' her, uh, uniqueness...Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Melamac? Is that the same thing? Or was that a specific brand? It seems I've seen it spelled that way on Ebay or somewhere. 

@Bird mama wrote:

@hicindy2   @Leeny   We called it melamac Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 

I've eaten and made all versions of these Jello salads. In fact the recipes are in my recipe box. My mom and all the relatives made these all the time for pot lucks and whatever event was going on. I love them. My family can take them or leave them. lol 

Living here in Wisconsin, we are known for our Friday night fish specials. We, obviously don't go out to restaurants now, but we do get a carry out every so often. Now being Lent, some churches are doing "drive thru" pickup. We haven't did that one yet, and probably won't. 

We have never had a  Big Boy in this area. Looking at those Strawberry pies look delish. 

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Bird mama  I know !! Only you know what is right for you Heart

The other thing about Easter in Cleveland was the "War of the Jello salads"  Everyone got into the act.  Our winning entry in the competition was a lime and walnuts whipped concoction that you chilled for about 18 hours.  

Berry fluff was runner up 

3'rd was tangy orange

A dab of scalloped potato, green beans with slivered almonds, and the ham festooned with pineapple slices and cooked in ginger ale. Plus "brown and serve" rolls from the can !! 

We have a little family run fish place we go to (when they reopen) on Fridays.  Mr. HC is from California and just doesn't get it, but I drag us there on Fridays and I was telling him you have to do that if you're from Cleveland.  The couple next to us said "we do too" and they were from Pittsburgh originally. They drove 20 miles to go to this little place.  And then I was telling them about Manner's Big Boy strawberry pie (Cleveland) Oh man...I almost cried. 

My Grandparents lived off Lakeshore Blvd. Home of Manner's Big Boy. Now, that's history. Who needs Ancestry dot com !!

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 

I just heard on the news the other night that Disney Land is opening up. I've never been there, but, but, I've always wanted to go since I was a kid. I swore to my dd that I want to take my GS but, but, again, thanks to COVID that's a no for now. I'd like to get one of those Vera Bradley bags or maybe 2. lol Woman HappyHeart

I thought of you being in CA when I heard about the opening. I asked DH how they could do that be? After seeing my GI Dr. yesterday I guess I won't be doing any traveling for quite sometime. Woman Sad

Your visit to Disney Land sounded like a fiasco and not a fun one at that. 

@hicindy2 wrote:

No little kids in my group, but the neighbors are excited that the Disneyland gates (California) will be creaking open soon with limited capacity.

Vera Bradley has introduced (VB site) a whole Disney collection

NEW! Minnie's Garden Party

I got "sent" to Disneyland once as a corporate outing.  It was freezing cold (off season), we had to do stupid team building exercises, and got locked in the conference room for hours on end listening to non realistic corporate goals and aspirations. Our flight back to the Bay Area got delayed for hours and I got home at 2AM. It was not the Happiest Place on Earth" for me.  Still kind of flinch when I hear the word "Disneyland". 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I never heard of Bob's Big Boy or Shoney's. Those must have been more of an eastern franchise. 

All we have in this area and not necessarily in my city. Denny's Perkins, Country Kitchen. We've lost a lot of restaurant through the years. Not only by Covid, but just the sign of the times I guess.