Honored Contributor

Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

[ Edited ]

@1Professor  @hicindy2  @handygal2  @EdithEllenLily  @MsLomo  

@Leeny  @skyblue  @Pecky  @Blingqueen023  @jaxs mom 

@Boehm Collector  @Bird mama  @MissRose722  @Serendipity

and all Bag Mavens past and present...

Yes, Madame and Mademoiselle Bag-ettes, 2020 threw everything it had at us and while I know many have long been ready to turn the proverbial page, I don't anticipate the early part, anyway, of this new year is going to be somehow miraculously better... Regardless, it is what it is and it appears our only choice is to grin, bear it and go with the flow because the beat, indeed, goes on... And, as far as it goes, Happy New Year to one and all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS3O5zg290k

I'd contemplated letting sleeping dogs lie and not beginning a new thread this year... It's seemed we're all occupied by a myriad of other things and I wasn't sure it would generate interest... Then I decided no matter how well used the thread might or might not prove to be, a distraction, however, minor, is in order... 

On the bag front, my goal for the year is to obtain, by hook or by crook, a Mario Valentino bag... Why? I noticed a neighbor of mine carrying one and I have to tell you, the leather is sumptuous bordering on, well, sinful... More to the point, for a true designer bag, the prices aren't as egregious as they might be...

Image of Valentino By Mario Valentino Braid Dollaro Classic Handbag

Image of Valentino By Mario Valentino Olli Leather Tote Bag

Image of Valentino By Mario Valentino Lusia D Patterned Quilt Tote

Shifting gears for a moment... We've all heard a lot (some might even say too much...) about "science" this year... Well girls, science never was my strong suit (neither was math) and for my money, "science" has proven to be vastly over-rated, having pretty much let us down, and badly so, if you ask me... Still, with all this talk about "science" one might say my investigative nature took flight... and I decided I wanted to conduct an experiment of my own... So, in the interest of science... and in order to answer the question of whether or not one can, in fact, have too much of a good thing, I implored Santa this year to leave behind one of his more, shall we say, energetic, adventurous and, well, I'll not deny it, naughty elves... Bless the old boy, he did so... And I'm here to tell you, the answer is an emphatic NO. Empirically speaking, of course, one can NOT have too much of a good thing... 

titewhiteandripped.jpg

To futher test my hypothesis, I also asked Santa to leave me plenty of baguettes of another kind, and, once again, bless the old dear, the results are clear, too much of a good thing isn't an issue...  Incidentally, these are all sapphires... A personal favorite...

How to Buy a Sapphire Engagement Ring - Estate Diamond Jewelry

The 25 Best Sapphire Engagement Rings for 2021

3.81 ctw Green Sapphire and Diamond Ring in 18k white gold (SSR-5986)

38 Unique Sapphire Engagement Rings - Blue, Pink and Star Sapphire Rings  for Brides

Finally, simply because I think it's one of the more beautifully crafted rock songs, and because this version is, to me, especially hauntingly lovely, and, perhaps, for other reasons, left unspecified... enjoy another vintage musical classic... Gary Brooker, Procol Harum, the choir and orchestra most definitely got it going on...

And ladies, while it might not seem like one now, I do hope that at some point, this becomes a truly happy 2021 for us all... Time will tell...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6jyEFe5WM

Heart

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

They're on sale at Off Saks 5th Avenue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't see the beat goes on video that you posted @stevieb   

I'll add a song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slldMEPvUqA

Happy New Year Bag-ettes Heart

Never mind - I see you fixed the link, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I was putzing around on the internet before Christmas and discovered Campomaggi bags.  Yikes are they expensive, lol.  This one was offered by Sundance and no I didn't buy it.

SURFINIA SATCHEL: View 1 SURFINIA SATCHEL: View 4

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

They're on sale at Off Saks 5th Avenue.

@Meowingkitty  Thanks yes, I've been keeping an eye on them there and elsewhere to see if one I really wants pops up at a price I can afford !!

Honored Contributor

Hey Birdie @Bird mama, yep, I noticed the old Sonny and Cher video wasn't working, don't know why, so inserted a new link...

Sundance offers some beautiful bags... I haven't checked them out in a while, but always find several I like... Keep going back, because they do mark them down and often for a good amount...

Honored Contributor

Before the holidays, I believe it was Saks who had this Valentino in leopard with a partial chain strap... I loved it but it was a bit out of reach... I also decided that with an investment bag I'd probably better stick with something more 'basic'...

MARIO VALENTINO | Luisa Animalier Snake Embossed Leather Tote | HauteLook

Esteemed Contributor

il_1588xN.2710474545_r969.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My new Dooney from my DB's mother-in-law.

IMG_3032.jpg

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Thank you for the distraction!!! Woman Happy

Great songs!! And my goodness, those jewels are very nice. Woman Wink

Happy to be a Bag-ette in 2021...and here's hoping you find the perfect Valentino this year!!

P.S. It is so hard to find a leopard bag that is not haircalf...we will keep searching...and who knows what we will find in doing so!! Woman Very Happy