Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

My Ganesh is out for delivery, very excited. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity I noticed that ring online early today because it's so unique looking... For me, the shape probably wouldn't work. I think it's prettiest in the blue topaz, but we see so much of that gem... I'm not loving the way the stones are faceted but I think between tiger eye and lapiz I actually prefer the tiger eye...

@stevieb Yes, I have been waiting all day for it! The faceting and the shape make it look like a honeycomb, especially in the tiger's eye. The shape is flattering for long fingers, but I wonder if it would be too busy. I don't know why they couln't just have put it on the model's finger. The blue topaz is beautiful too, but I probably wouldn't wear it as often as the earth tone one. There is a snippet of the ring at the end of the video for the matching earring. All the way at the end. Oh well ... 

@Serendipity I think they have a still photo of the ring on a model that you can enlarge, though it might not be the gem in which you were most interested. It does seem to be a somewhat rangy ring but it is an interesting design.

ETA... I love prasiolite... One of my favorites and it's not usually costly. Not as yellow green as peridot and not as blue green as many other stones... Just a true watery pale green...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

wow, I was just on the Bixby Facebook page and she is showing a new necklace for Monday that is Buddha eyes of compassion. I really like it. And I have a couple things in my cart that I probably shouldn't buy. Mail lady just pulled up with my Ganesh, will report back. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

wow, I was just on the Bixby Facebook page and she is showing a new necklace for Monday that is Buddha eyes of compassion. I really like it. And I have a couple things in my cart that I probably shouldn't buy. Mail lady just pulled up with my Ganesh, will report back. 

@jaxs mom Well for heaven's sake... why stop now? 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom Uh-oh, you got the bug. Proceed with caution: it gets bad quick! 😬

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity I noticed that ring online early today because it's so unique looking... For me, the shape probably wouldn't work. I think it's prettiest in the blue topaz, but we see so much of that gem... I'm not loving the way the stones are faceted but I think between tiger eye and lapiz I actually prefer the tiger eye...

@stevieb Yes, I have been waiting all day for it! The faceting and the shape make it look like a honeycomb, especially in the tiger's eye. The shape is flattering for long fingers, but I wonder if it would be too busy. I don't know why they couln't just have put it on the model's finger. The blue topaz is beautiful too, but I probably wouldn't wear it as often as the earth tone one. There is a snippet of the ring at the end of the video for the matching earring. All the way at the end. Oh well ... 

@Serendipity I think they have a still photo of the ring on a model that you can enlarge, though it might not be the gem in which you were most interested. It does seem to be a somewhat rangy ring but it is an interesting design.

ETA... I love prasiolite... One of my favorites and it's not usually costly. Not as yellow green as peridot and not as blue green as many other stones... Just a true watery pale green...

@stevieb @jaxs mom I woke up to my senses -- nothing for me. And while I think the ring could be pretty, it's likely not my style and wouldn't get much use out of it. Besides I have so many home improvements things to complete still. Note to self: FOCUS. 😬😬

This is a prasiolite I think is so pretty. Astronomic pricing, but pretty. If I stacked them, I'd mix up the stones though. Of course, never gonna happen.

Pommelatto Nudo

Nudo Stacked

Pendant

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity I really like the setting on that rose gold ring

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb @jaxs mom @EdithEllenLily @VenturaHighway

I love this piece -- my pick of the day. LOL. But not the price. 😖 No way. Out of the stratosphere.

J357267 Arte d' Oro 18" Graduated Bead Necklace, 18K 13.7g

Also, this set with the matching pendant. OMG. Sigh.

J357266 Arte d'Oro 20.00 cttw Amethyst Oval Dangle Earrings, 18K

😍 

OUCH, I know gold skyrocketed but that's just crazy. 

@jaxs mom @stevieb I think prices were about 1/4 of what they are now just in 2014. Or at least on some pieces here. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Oh I don't know about seeing Alpha.  I saw Christopher Robin, with Ewan McGregor a couple of weeks ago and was on the edge of my seat a time or two over CGI Pooh, lol.

That movie March of the Penguins.  My husband's grown daughter gifted us a copy one Christmas and I said, yea I don't think I wanna watch it.  My middle sister said, I've seen it, it's such a beautiful movie, watch it Bernie.

I asked her outright - does anything die in the movie.  Is there one loss of life, natural or unnatural.  She said no.

So me and husband watched the movie.  There was a death.  At the end of the movie I called my sister and told her to meet me on her front porch because I was coming over to plant my foot up her a**.  I reminded her that I had a key to her house so hiding behind the door was not going to save her.

Hey, I cried during Happy Feet.

@Bird mama My little niece said the Pooh movie was good, but so sad. So, I took my cue. 😊 Hope you're enjoying retirement in general, Birdie. 🤗

Honored Contributor

Ok so I love love love my Ganesh, I'm so happy I ordered it. The London blue stones are lighter than my 26 ct ring but that might be because they're so much smaller and the huge stone has a very deep gallery to hold the color. But they are very pretty and I was looking at them in my bathroom light which has very bright daylight bulbs. The Ganesh himself is perfect and a traditional rendition which I like, I do think I'll to be careful since it's ceramic. 

I tried it on with different necklines and chain lengths. It looks great with my 30 inch figaro and my 18 inch bold rolo chain, since it's an enhancer I was able to put it on my velvet choker and it looks so good on it. I also tried it over my 15 inch ring collar and it's also lovely there although I had to rig something to hang it from as the bail isn't large enough to get over the 8mm collar.

Very happy with my purchase and I think I can safely pass on the chains I have in my cart. I wasn't sure how well it would go with some of mine as it is the largest pendant I own now.