Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

@stevieb Upon first glance, it looked good. Nice size, leather and weight. After reading the reviews and finding out the front pockets are small and there is no inside zipper pocket, I passed. I did watch the video and also didn't like the design of the two square pockets on the back or the lining. Better from afar...Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb Upon first glance, it looked good. Nice size, leather and weight. After reading the reviews and finding out the front pockets are small and there is no inside zipper pocket, I passed. I did watch the video and also didn't like the design of the two square pockets on the back or the lining. Better from afar...Woman Wink

@EdithEllenLily Probably best, then, that you passed on it... I did too. The only things that gave me pause were the lack of an inside pocket and, of course, the too long zipper pulls, a look I'm sincerel\y glad to see moving on. I did love some of the colors, but, like you, really didn't need the bag...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom   So sorry to hear about your daughter's car accident. I am glad she walked away from it, even if she needs crutches for now. She's very fortunate it wasn't any worse. I had a rollover back when I was 18 ( which was a few days ago,,,, not) It took me awhile to want to drive again, but I did, thankfully. I totaled out my mom's car and that was worse than me being in the hospital for a week. This story brought back some memories I had forgotten. I hope your dd is doing ok.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom: I'm just catching up, and learned about your DD's accident. I'm thinking of you, and hope she's doing o.k.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   I did break down and ordered the Halston sweater in pink. I hope I love it as much as you do. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives. I was lucky to get it, I see it is sold out now.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb I think I'll still pass on the Wallace bags. I know there are some here that really like them, like @handygal2 @EdithEllenLily, but I can't see spending that much on nylon bags. Maybe someday I'll change my mind??? lol

Respected Contributor

@handygal2@stevieb @jaxs mom@EdithEllenLily @Bird mama

@@Skyblue @hicindy2  

Just to see how everyone is doing in getting ready for Thanksgiving, Do any of you have any special plans? I've been cleaning the past few days as dinner is here this year. It's just too much of a hassle in dragging food over to our daughter's so we will have it here, even if our place is a lot smaller. All of the family will be this year and that's a first time in quite awhile. I am making the turkey and dressing and potatoes. I am getting off easy this year. Kids are bringing the side dishes and our GS had a fundraiser in selling pies from Perkins. So that took care of me making pies...ahhhhhh. The only drawback is football. Vikings aren't playing or the Packers, which is fine with me.

Anyone going Black Friday shopping? Not me. I've done some damage on the Q for my husband and my family. 

I know some of you don't like the My Pillows, but I've had very good luck with them so I purchased another set. I couldn't resist the B.F, special plus free sh.  I hope everyone is doing ok.   

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2  I thought I'd tell you I finally heard from my Aunt who lives in Forest Lake. She said some of their power was affected for awhile. I guess they have been staying in as air quality is not at it's best, even that far away. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@hicindy2 I thought I'd tell you I finally heard from my Aunt who lives in Forest Lake. She said some of their power was affected for awhile. I guess they have been staying in as air quality is not at it's best, even that far away. 

@Leeny  Good to hear that they are safe and sound.  Our air is finally getting better and we can go for little walks again. 

Waiting to see if our church needs us for this: kind of hoping the younger people will be enough.  We'll need a nap !!

Chico, Calif. — In the midst of the Camp Fire tragedy, there is still so much to be thankful for. The Town of Paradise and World Central Kitchen, in partnership with Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico State, the Associated Students and local school districts, are hosting Thanksgiving Together — a chance to bring together and bless the community through the unifying and healing power of food. Several nonprofit organizations have stepped up and offered to feed the thousands of displaced residents who are in the area but without a home and essential necessities

There's just us two and we are meeting friends for a Chinese dinner on Saturday to do our little post T-Day holiday. 

We're not doing Christmas either.  Our step daughter is working on the 25'th (paramedic).  We meet at an Italian restaurant a couple of days later. They have the best calamari !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny No Black Friday shopping for me, at least not that I'm planning... As for Thanksgiving, it'll just be mom and me and we decided to go very simple this year. No big feast for us and that works well for me. Unless something changes, and I hope it doesn't, we're going to be enjoying her fabulous home made vegetable beef soup, hot bread, cheeses and relishes and coconut custard pie. I might or might not fix a small turkey breast, so we can have sandwiches after the fact if we choose. It might not be everybody's idea of Thanksgiving dinner, but it was actually what I requested... Unless I miss my guess, she'll make a small ham, again, for snacking and sandwiches, but neither of us are looking for a big meal... We've often gone out for Thanksgiving, but didn't make plans this year so will be at her home. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...