Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

@stevieb   Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hmm HSN sent me a 20% off coupon. 

I was holding off on shopping because I was contemplating a new laptop however I waffled back and forth until the price of the laptop I was considering went up in price again Woman Frustrated

I did take advantage of remarkable sales at JCP the other day.  I could not believe the great prices on the sheers and room darkening drapes that I use for the big bay window in the front of my house.

I bought the 4 panels that I needed for the drapes and the 4 panels that I needed for the sheers for $82 (total to get home).

This 20% off at HSN has got me reconsidering that Leslie Greene ring that I mentioned a week or so ago.

Honored Contributor

Raining all day here, too, so I put some things away and did laundry. The BBQ dinner was okay...not as good as the one further in the city but okay. 

Last night Mr. L dragged me into the Maxx after dinner because it was nearby. This Maxx is smaller and usually has sparse purse stock. Not so last night. Woman Surprised There were some beautiful woven bags, some that were more east west and some that were more rectangular in tan, burgundy, black and grey. There were several Patricia Nash bags in various sizes, and there even was a map tote and a good-sized map saddle bag in great shape with a thick, long adjustable strap marked down on clearance for 80 dollars. As I put it back on the rack I told Mr. L that I was going to regret that one!!

Considering that my purse paring down project is going well, it doesn't make sense to add more bags unless they are perfect for my lifestyle and purse weight preferences now...oh well...Woman Frustrated

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy New Year to all of my fellow bag dames.

IMG_1206.PNG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

To Everyone:  

2019-happy-new-year-written-450w-1190114434.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@stevieb I'm actually carrying a backpack/purse now.  It's all leather (heavy leather). 

It's not exactly what I wanted but I settled on it.  I don't mind paying under 3 to 400$ for a good purse and I would if I could find it.

I feel sick to my stomach because I recently discovered I had a leak coming through my ceiling in the rec room.  I never go in there anymore, but I was looking for something.

I discovered the ceiling leak and it had dripped (just a little) on a box where I'd stored some of my purses.  I'd paid a lot of money (to me it was) for these purses but didn't carry them anymore.  I've had friends ask me for them and I said, "No! I like them too much".  I feel like I give away way, way too much stuff as it is; but I did feel guilty.

Anyway, they were covered in the box and they had mildew on them.  Not all did but at least 6 or 7 did.  They were mostly all really good leather too.

It upset me so much, yesterday when my daughter and her husband came over I told him to just throw them out.  Maybe they could have been cleaned but I never used them anyway.

I've always found it interesting (but understandable) that most males don't understand how females are about purses.

I remember, last years I gave my friend I eat with all during the week a beautiful (I thought) Dooney Zip Zip purse.  She actually said she didn't like it (yes, she's like that).  She carries a terrible looking ratty kinda canvas "bag" not really even a purse.  It has all of these pockets all around it!  She has hanging from it so many key chains and those tags you get from stores, etc.  All that alone must add tremendous weight to it!

So, I took it back.  It was sitting in my living room and a friend and her husband came over and were doing things to help me.  She said, "Oh!  I've always wanted a Dooney bag, but they're too much money.  I said, "Here!  You want this one?"  I could have sent it back to QVC but just didn't.  She loves that purse and is STILL thanking me.

So move forward to this Summer.  I'd bought yet another zip zip Dooney and not even used it.  Another friend who was over (she's the Vet's nurse who helps me out) and she saw that Dooney.  She said, "If you don't want it, I'll buy it from you".  Well, my friends know I'm not going to take money from them, so I gave her that one!

I just packed up (I swear to you) another zip zip I'd bought and this time I'm sending it back.

Why do I keep buying these?  I like the colors and the convenience but I'm hung up on backpacks right now.

I'll never put it on my back, but they just look good to me.  

But even as I type this I'm thinking I'm not quite happy with it....

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM (yes, I'm yelling).  Ha!

Am I the only person who knows what they want and just can't find it?  Come on ladies, there must be more like me who know what they want but haven't been able to find "it".

My best friend for well over 50 years only buys Coach purses.  She has so many she could almost open a Coach store (they're all pretty similar).  He son buys them for her.

I was watching TV last night and a woman called in during the Dooney show.  She told Shawn and Susan she had (I think it was 57) Dooney purses.  She buys 3 at a time sometimes.  Her boyfriend or husband buys most of them for her.  (He must get it).  Ha!

I can't think of anything I want 57 of, can any of you?  I feel stupid because I think I have maybe 5 or 6 of the smaller shoulder Dooneys.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 You're too generous... Maybe you should stop buying those zip-zips...

Woman LOL

Such a shame about your mildewed bags... but yes, they could have been cleaned and salvaged... Wish I'd known, I'd have been over to pick them up... Of course, you'd probably not have gotten them back...

Woman Very Happy

Hope your leak is repaired soon and with a minimum of disruption...

I think many of us are always on the hunt for the elusive 'perfect' bag... Personally, I think it's time for me to stop looking... And no, while it would seem there are others who feel differently, I don't want 57 of Dooney, or any other brand for that matter... 

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb  are we getting a new thread for 2019?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb  are we getting a new thread for 2019?

@Bird mama Yep Birdie, it's posted... Navigating these boards has been a hot mess now for a few weeks, at least for some of us, who've been asking if and when the gltiches will be resolved, but receiving no answer... I did manage to get a new thread, such as it is, posted a few minute ago..

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...