Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

Nice shade of green in that Basso bag @stevieb

Dude was ahead of the olive curve - that color went on to be really popular.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I was looking at the Q's selection of satchels.  Wow, pretty pathetic selection.

@Bird mama They've definitely backburnered bags... Other than a regular helping of Dooney and, one surmises, Gili (rolling eyes here...) they don't have much to offer... The other brands they carry seem to be shown once in a blue moon and featured even less frequently...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Late night...we were out celebrating a friend's big birthday at a favorite Chicago restaurant that's closing for good on Dec. 23, so this was a bittersweet final dinner there. Everything was buzzing and you would never know the building will be silent in just a few days. Very delicious last familiar tastes and great conversation during the nearly five-hour dinner, ending with the flaming Bananas Foster and a tray of fresh fruit. https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-food-sabatinos-closing-20180824-story.html

I wore another Bob Mackie jacket in champagne with sequins (A290708) and carried my MZ Wallace Pippa in Gold Glazed Linen.

Image result for MZ Wallace Pippa Gold Glazed Linen

We loved Sabatino's for 17 years, and I'm glad we were able to take my niece and nephew there. I'll never forget the final image of the owners, brothers, eating their dinner together just after midnight...lovely, gracious gentlemen. Sigh, there goes another gem with their retirement. 

More festivities coming tomorrow with our same friends!

Hope everyone has a good day today!! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Hi All,   I actually like the today's special on HSN:  

JOY & IMAN Couture Leather Satchel & Clutch with Velvet Detail.  Am seriously considering ordering one.  Just don't know what color

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 8.29.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 8.29.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 9.02.10 AM.png

Honored Contributor

Aww @EdithEllenLily  I read the article about the Pagni brothers and even though I never met them or dined at Sabatino's, I could feel tears in my eyes as I read the story.  Bittersweet.  Each brother looks good (healthy) and maybe it's time to enjoy the fruits of their labor - they worked hard enough for it.  I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to have another meal there.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Lively bunch, aren't we... Woman LOL

LOL, I'm being lively just not here. @stevieb

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Reminder: HSN is doing a Mary Poppins theme 12/18 to coincide with the movie. I was a big fan of the books. HSN is already marked down the Carpet Bag (Patricia Nash)

Lennox is doing a teapot

There's a Parrot umbrella

Disney Mary Poppins Returns Compact Inverted Umbrella

Pins by Heidi Daus

Fun !!

In keeping with the theme, the RADLEY London site is having a big sale and some free shipping offers.  

Pretty soft floral bag

This season we’ve collaborated with Sanderson, one of the oldest English soft furnishing brands, celebrating our shared commitment to craft, quality and eye-catching prints. After handpicking Sanderson’s Roslyn print from their archives, we reworked it with an autumnal Radley colour palette.

I like these two, especially the bag. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  Your outfit sounds lovely and I almost cried when reading about the landmark restaurant closing.  It is the end of an elegant and more gracious era and our grandkids are only going to know chain stores and eateries I fear.

Our good friend is sitting bedside in the hospital because her husband isn't doing very well.  We "kidnapped" her yesterday to zip over to our fave Thai place for a nice lunch.  I had my Dawn MZW Mia, but with jeans and a red sweater. And a Heidi Daus pin:

Heidi Daus "Hint of Mint" Crystal and Enamel Pin

Cheers !!

Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE:    Hi All,   I caved and purchased the HSN Today's Special in  Cabernat

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 8.29.14 AM.png

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector:  Very pretty bags at a great price! I like that the satchel is structured, but not stiff. The Cabernet is a rich color, and perfect for the season. I hope you'll be pleased when they arrive.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~