Respected Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

@jaxs momI will be thinking of you and your DH. I hope and pray that everything will go well tomorrowHeart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@VenturaHighway May I ask... did you really need more Easy Spirits...

Woman Surprised Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

@steviebNo, not at allWoman LOL  Or anything else that I might buy. I need nothing!!

Unlike you, I want to keep what I buyWoman LOL

I was just looking at the new bag again and even though there are just so many and even though I shouldn't keep it... it's going to be hard to return... We'll see...

@steviebWhy buy in the first place if you may take it back? I guess I really don't understandWoman Frustrated

@VenturaHighway Different strokes I guess... Sometimes I choose to buy an item, take it home and consider it... I might or might not keep it, but doing it this way I don't go back to the store to find it's no longer available...

@steviebYes, we are all different and should never judge one another. 

@VenturaHighway Personally, I don't have a problem with anyone making observations, stating points of view or even poking a little fun at my expense, particuarly when I know they're right... After all, a sense of humor is so important and it doesn't do to take ourselves too seriously... On the other hand, actually passing judgment is something probably best kept to ourselves if we're going to do it...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hope all goes well toay @jaxs mom... Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Well... we had our beautiful three day respite and now things have gotten stinky again... It's been very warm and humid here, and a line of thunderstorms and heavy rain moved through yesterday... It's 'cooled off' into the 80's today but is very dismal looking out and the humidity remains... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

oryany hobo is an LTS today... Nice looking, good price (if you overlook the twelve bucks to ship) and four colors... Like the blue and the black... And just for @Bird mama, they're offering this one in mauvesala...

Smiley Wink

orYANY Pebble Leather Veronica Hobo - A292988

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the oryany LTS @stevieb

It's a pass for me this time around.

It was cooler (even if humid) yesterday morning so I spent the morning working with the extension ladder and cleaning the second story gutters on the front of my house and on the gutters around the front porch roof.

This was the first time in nearly 17 years that I looked up and saw chia pets growing, lol.  Actually it looked kind of cute however I'm sure there is an ordinance against gutter gardens.

The seed pod/helicopter things from the silver maple in the front yard accumulated more than normal in the second story gutter.  Combine that with stifling heat and humidity and viola - chia pet roof.

It was interesting and I am not in a hurry to get back up there again.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama Well just be sure to be careful... Cleaning gutters can be risky... I noticed how full my mother's gutters are and we are looking into the gutter helmets... It's really awful the way some folks take advantage of the elderly, she told me she paid some guy a couple of hundred dollars to clean them out and while I realize they do get full again, there is not way this jackass did a thorough job or they wouldn't be as full as they are... 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama I'm actually really smitten with this oryany hobo, but am not getting it either... 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  When I told my sister that I could see that the maple tree pod things had accumulated in the gutter she said hire someone to clean them out.  I thought about it for maybe 10 minutes, lol.  I figured it this way - be real careful where I put the extension ladder, crawl up there slowly and use any tools to help me.  Had I fallen, I would have landed on shrubbery (part of the issue finding a place for the ladder) or the grass.  That would have been preferable to landing on concrete.

I started all of this around 7am, so I knew if I fell either the garbage crew would see me or one of the lawn service crews hired by the neighbors around me, lol.

I stood in my front yard sipping coffee while staring at the ladder and looking at the porch roof which was one story high only.  I said, now Bernie, you know you will easily get off the ladder and get on that roof (to clean second story gutter above it).  That won't be your problem - you will get stuck getting down because you always get stuck getting down.

I decided to get on the porch roof through the upstairs office window just above it.  Win win all the way around - I could hang onto the window framt with my left hand and clean the second story gutter with my right hand.  One of the benefits of being tall.

My roof was replaced 15 years ago.  When the time comes for a new roof, I will get new gutters and will pay for the gutter gard on the second story gutters (front and back of house).

My husband and I were each other's spotter when it came to second story work, lol.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2... Have to tell you... though you know I tend not to post 'over there', the boucle you keep wishing for is really very attractive... That now makes two fabrications I actually like, but for the prices... the coated linen and your boucle... Hoping you eventually find one...

Smiley Wink

Image result for mz wallace boucle crosby