Respected Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

@hicindy2I do love those pretty flower D&B little bagsHeart

Respected Contributor

Hello Everyone, 

@VenturaHighway @stevieb@hicindy2 @Bird mama@EdithEllenLily @jaxs mom and All the rest of the Sisters.

I am sorry that I have not posted in a very long time. My life has been turned upside down and back again.

I won't go into all the lengthy details, but DH landed into the hospital April 14 and just got home on Saturday. We have lots to learn and do. Needless to say he scared the H--- out of me.

Then mother fell out of bed and she needed that like nothing. She got the IT virus. I talked to the nurse today and she seems stable right now.

I've tried to read everyone's post, but I am so far behind. I hope Edith and your mom are doing better. Ventura I hope you are still finding all kinds of bargains on meat and juice. Birdie, I hope your enjoying your retirement and I hope you got your Gucci bracelet and that you love it. stevie, I see you purchased a new ring, I like it and I hope you enjoy it when it arrives. @hicindy2 I like the dooney bag too. JaxsMom have you purchased any new shoes lately? or bags? Ventura, any new lipshades in your makeup bag? I so need to get out and spend some time shopping. Just to get a breather.

News flash, we are losing another anchor store in our mall. Herbergers, it's part of the Bon Bon stores, along with Younkers, Boston Store and a couple others that are going out of business all over the nation. I think our mall is going to eventually bite the big one if they don't get a couple of new anchors. With Macy gone and now Herberger's going out soon.

I hope TJ Maxx doesn't leave us. Woman Frustrated

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to catch up soon.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny Hi and welcome back! Oh no about your husband and your mother! Sending them positive and healing thoughts and prayers! That was a long time for your husband to be in the hospital. So sorry to read that! I wondered if something was up with you because you were gone so long. Hang in there and be strong for everyone! Rest well when you can. Take good care, EEL Heart

P.S. Due to the Bon-Ton liquidation, we're losing an absolutely lovely store in the Chicago area called Carson Pirie Scott (Carson's). The liquidation sales have already begun. Very sad! 

Respected Contributor

@LeenyHeart We live one day at a time because we never know what tomorrow may bring. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your DHHeart

Glad to see youHeart

I have bought a couple of pieces of jewerly at the Magic Shop and a couple of bags.

Hope you are able to get out and about soon.

Honored Contributor

Hope things begin looking up for you @Leeny...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond today and a lot of their sheets are on clearance. They're discontinuing a number of their brands and bringing in newer (and more expensive... of course...) sheets. I found a couple of good deals. I don't know if they're offered online but if you can't get to a store, you might want to take a look and see.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily I was at my local TJ Maxx store today and they had a couple of truly beautiul Arcadia navy satchels. One was tonal, the other had the light tan leather handles... One was a dome the other a traditional satchel... I had to hold myself back from the traditional satchel (the tonal)... It was lovely and not too badly priced at $119... 

Honored Contributor

Jesus, Mary and Joseph @Leeny

I'm so sorry to read that your husband and mother have fallen ill.  I'm glad that you husband is home from the hospital and I hope he is on the road to recovery. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Also sorry to read that your mother was ill too @EdithEllenLily

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily I was at my local TJ Maxx store today and they had a couple of truly beautiul Arcadia navy satchels. One was tonal, the other had the light tan leather handles... One was a dome the other a traditional satchel... I had to hold myself back from the traditional satchel (the tonal)... It was lovely and not too badly priced at $119... 

@stevieb Oh goody! Woman Embarassed Woman LOL I think one of these was the one I was drooling over but it was at least a couple of months ago so I thought they would be long gone! Time to make the rounds again...Maxx hopping, you know...Woman Wink