Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

@LonestarBabs Sorry about that kid, but if we look, we're hooked...

Woman LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs I've so been there. Good luck making a decision. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny I still want to get over the larger store near where I get my hair cut. I'm due for a visit soon, so will check it out when I finally motivate myself to go to the salon. I don't like going, so it takes some doing, but my hair needs work. Maybe on one of the warmer days if we get one soon. My stylist is off several days each week and I refuse to go on Friday or Saturday, so that limits my options to just a few weekdays.

@stevieb When I read your post I thought...this is me exactly regarding hair salons! I really can't stand to get my hair cut. It's always stressful because my hair is curly and I have to explain how it's curlier here or there and to cut it accordingly -- even with the same stylist each time! No Fridays or Saturdays for me, either. Woman Frustrated

@EdithEllenLily The closer to the weekend, it seems, the more frenzied... No thanks... I don't hate it, but I just don't enjoy it at all... Fortunately, I'm almost always in and out pretty quickly... I think that's one big reason I do my own color most of the time... Color takes too long!

@stevieb Me, too on the color at home...I can move around and change positions while waiting for the color at home so my back doesn't start hurting! It's an ordeal...and I really need to do it but haircut first. Woman Frustrated

@EdithEllenLily@stevieb: Me three on the color at home, lol. I cut my hair at home too. I have a long, layered cut, and l used a YouTube video years ago to learn the DIY method.

Look at all the $$$ l save every year, that l can spend on handbags (and other things) instead!  Woman Very Happy  Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily        

Well things went pretty good today considering everything. My doctor did explain to me that it was vertigo I had experienced. The crystals in my ear were moving around. That also caused the nausea. I just have to be careful in the bending over so much or turning quickly with my head. I haven't experienced that since Christmas eve morning.

I have a bone density test lined up for the end of the month. It's been 9 yrs. since my last one so she suggested I need to have one. Of course the dreaded colonoscopy is next month. Next week it's off to see my urologist. Hopefully that will be ok and then all I have to do is see my dentist in Feb. and the eye doctor after that. My numbers were good, which I was happy to hear. Thanks for your concern.

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

y

@Leeny Good luck with your physical and I hope you get some answers to your dizziness from last month! Make a list of things to talk about...it helps. 

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom

18? Wow.But then you are down in Texas. Have you lived there all your life? I remember snow from way back, even before I started school. I was about 2 or 3 and I always wanted to put my own snow suit on. haha. The coat was always on upside down. Thank goodness I got over that. lol

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Leeny I didn’t even see snow until I was 18

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway   I bet your friend wouldn't relish cutting my hair. I have about 8 collics. My gal has been cutting my hair about 8 years and she still gets intimidated sometimes. She cuts my GS hair too and he has a ton of them too. lol

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny I still want to get over the larger store near where I get my hair cut. I'm due for a visit soon, so will check it out when I finally motivate myself to go to the salon. I don't like going, so it takes some doing, but my hair needs work. Maybe on one of the warmer days if we get one soon. My stylist is off several days each week and I refuse to go on Friday or Saturday, so that limits my options to just a few weekdays.

@stevieb When I read your post I thought...this is me exactly regarding hair salons! I really can't stand to get my hair cut. It's always stressful because my hair is curly and I have to explain how it's curlier here or there and to cut it accordingly -- even with the same stylist each time! No Fridays or Saturdays for me, either. Woman Frustrated

@EdithEllenLilyI wish I could fly you here because my friend is great a cutting all hair types.

Respected Contributor

@LonestarBabs

I agree with you, that darn internet...What did we do before it.... We went shopping on foot. lol

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 I'll trim my hair at home, but I don't want to chance an all out cut... I can only imagine...

Smiley Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 I'll trim my hair at home, but I don't want to chance an all out cut... I can only imagine...

Smiley Surprised

@stevieb: l imagine it's much harder to do a DIY cut with short hair. I think that requires more skill and training!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@EdithEllenLily        

Well things went pretty good today considering everything. My doctor did explain to me that it was vertigo I had experienced. The crystals in my ear were moving around. That also caused the nausea. I just have to be careful in the bending over so much or turning quickly with my head. I haven't experienced that since Christmas eve morning.

I have a bone density test lined up for the end of the month. It's been 9 yrs. since my last one so she suggested I need to have one. Of course the dreaded colonoscopy is next month. Next week it's off to see my urologist. Hopefully that will be ok and then all I have to do is see my dentist in Feb. and the eye doctor after that. My numbers were good, which I was happy to hear. Thanks for your concern.

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

y

@Leeny Good luck with your physical and I hope you get some answers to your dizziness from last month! Make a list of things to talk about...it helps. 

@Leeny I'm glad things turned out all right today and you have a plan for the other things to do (aren't there always more things to do?). Woman Happy