Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny There were lots of Christmas cosmetic items marked for clearance at my store. Many of them were a good price to begin with but nicely marked down.

@stevieb I would love to go to the Maxx soon! Not sure when...

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny I still want to get over the larger store near where I get my hair cut. I'm due for a visit soon, so will check it out when I finally motivate myself to go to the salon. I don't like going, so it takes some doing, but my hair needs work. Maybe on one of the warmer days if we get one soon. My stylist is off several days each week and I refuse to go on Friday or Saturday, so that limits my options to just a few weekdays.

@stevieb When I read your post I thought...this is me exactly regarding hair salons! I really can't stand to get my hair cut. It's always stressful because my hair is curly and I have to explain how it's curlier here or there and to cut it accordingly -- even with the same stylist each time! No Fridays or Saturdays for me, either. Woman Frustrated

@EdithEllenLilyI wish I could fly you here because my friend is great a cutting all hair types.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny There were lots of Christmas cosmetic items marked for clearance at my store. Many of them were a good price to begin with but nicely marked down.

@stevieb I would love to go to the Maxx soon! Not sure when...

Unfortunately @EdithEllenLily, we both missed the boat by not going right after Christmas. Most of the good sale stuff is picked over. Still almost always fun to look around.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny I still want to get over the larger store near where I get my hair cut. I'm due for a visit soon, so will check it out when I finally motivate myself to go to the salon. I don't like going, so it takes some doing, but my hair needs work. Maybe on one of the warmer days if we get one soon. My stylist is off several days each week and I refuse to go on Friday or Saturday, so that limits my options to just a few weekdays.

@stevieb When I read your post I thought...this is me exactly regarding hair salons! I really can't stand to get my hair cut. It's always stressful because my hair is curly and I have to explain how it's curlier here or there and to cut it accordingly -- even with the same stylist each time! No Fridays or Saturdays for me, either. Woman Frustrated

@EdithEllenLily The closer to the weekend, it seems, the more frenzied... No thanks... I don't hate it, but I just don't enjoy it at all... Fortunately, I'm almost always in and out pretty quickly... I think that's one big reason I do my own color most of the time... Color takes too long!

Honored Contributor

@Leeny I didn’t even see snow until I was 18

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Leeny I didn’t even see snow until I was 18

I remember in middle school @jaxs mom one of my teachers had never seen snow. One day it started snowing during class and she started crying. She wasn't frightened, just awestruck.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily The closer to the weekend, it seems, the more frenzied... No thanks... I don't hate it, but I just don't enjoy it at all... Fortunately, I'm almost always in and out pretty quickly... I think that's one big reason I do my own color most of the time... Color takes too long!

@stevieb Me, too on the color at home...I can move around and change positions while waiting for the color at home so my back doesn't start hurting! It's an ordeal...and I really need to do it but haircut first. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

ok I kind of like those Earth shoes TSV in the metallic. I have them in my cart. I need to check how the sizing runs though. 

Honored Contributor

ok I watched the video, I'm passing on the TSV sandals, because I don't think the gold metallic will work with my wardrobe colors lately.

Trusted Contributor

Uh oh....coveting a Macy's exclusive Dooney. All suede. $100 off. It's been in my shopping cart for a few days, then disappeared as if the special price was gone. So, I soldiered on and figured it wasn't meant to be. Yesterday it's back on the website. I've had it in my shopping cart since last night. But I can't seem to complete the order. I have so many bags and need to get rid of a few that I will no longer use. But oh it's a big bag, lightweight cushy suede in a gorgeous amber color. I have its coated cotton cousin with colorful print in my closet already...

I'm trying to pay down the credit card, not use it. I guess this is meant to be a character-building moment, eh?  SIGH  Dang the internet!!!