Respected Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

[ Edited ]

It's zero here this morning and the sun is shining to beat the band. A little windy too, but I am still going to head over to TJ's this afternoon.

Regarding the squirrel feeding, We stopped feeding them a few years ago after my DH got bitten by one. Or I should say attacked. He always would fill their feeder and I guess one of them recognized him when he came out the door. DH didn't have any food in his hands as he was leaving to go to the store. The squirrel ran up his leg and bit his hand and scratched him badly. Yes, he needed stitch's. Plus the shot. Later on we found out one of our neighbors was hand feeding one of them and I assume that one was the one that attacked my DH. So we no longer feed the squirrels, although they seem to still get food from the bird feeders.

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay warm and comfy. I think we are to get up to 15-20 today. Yippee.... More snow is in the forecast. with the warmer temps coming. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb   I will let you know what are TJ's have later on. 

Just think, that PN Map bag is just waiting for you to fill her up. What

a nice surprise Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So, we had a very minor dusting of snow, I guess overnight, since I never saw so much as a flake fall. I'm pretty sure they closed schools for this, which is just ridiculous. There is no real snow cover, just patches of snow.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Once again, I stand corrected... I guess school wasn't out today. I do believe I heard the little charmers on the nearby school playground... Pretty cold and windy to be outside, but I guess it doesn't matter so much when you're a kid...

Honored Contributor

@Leeny I still want to get over the larger store near where I get my hair cut. I'm due for a visit soon, so will check it out when I finally motivate myself to go to the salon. I don't like going, so it takes some doing, but my hair needs work. Maybe on one of the warmer days if we get one soon. My stylist is off several days each week and I refuse to go on Friday or Saturday, so that limits my options to just a few weekdays.

Honored Contributor

So the chunk of a meteor fell down on Michigan last night.  I heard and mildly felt a really loud boom around the 8 pm hour.  I looked out the window - don't know what I expected to see - when I heard the boom.  I thought maybe a truck crashed into the something.

Didn't know until I read the news today that it was north of me.  Woman Surprised

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

So the chunk of a meteor fell down on Michigan last night.  I heard and mildly felt a really loud boom around the 8 pm hour.  I looked out the window - don't know what I expected to see - when I heard the boom.  I thought maybe a truck crashed into the something.

Didn't know until I read the news today that it was north of me.  Woman Surprised

@Bird mamaThat is scaryWoman Surprised I hope no one got hurt.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb    Well, I went to TJ's and it was a bust as far as handbags go. The dept. was a mess. I only seen 2 PN bags and they were crossbody. I didn't even see anything remotely to what would entice me to buy. Our store is not the smallest, but then again it's not the biggest either. 

Although I did buy another jar of Algenist moisturizer with SPF. I couldn't believe it was only $14.99 versus $70+ I also picked up a gift box of hand creams by Crabtree & Evelyn. They are a nice size for my purse. Also I found a shower cream by bathshop that smelled so nice for dry skin and a new shower cap. So it wasn't a total bust. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  I heard about that last night on the late news. I thought of you right away being it was sighted in Michigan. It looked like a ball of fire on the TV and boom it landed and that was it. 

@Bird mama wrote:

Respected Contributor

@stevieb @VenturaHighway @Bird mama @EdithEllenLily 

@jaxs mom

Remember the days when you were in school? We never had a now day, never! If we could walk we were expected to be there. The only kids that had a "snow" day were the bus people that lived in the country. I even had to walk to school when I was in kindergarten, the big snow of 1959.. no crossing guards back then. The snow piles were taller than my dad, who was 6'1"  It makes me wonder how we we little ones made it. I had a busy street to cross too. ???

@stevieb wrote:

Once again, I stand corrected... I guess school wasn't out today. I do believe I heard the little charmers on the nearby school playground... Pretty cold and windy to be outside, but I guess it doesn't matter so much when you're a kid...