Respected Contributor

Re: Bag Dames and Divas... It's a New Day...

@stevieb wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I was scouring a few threads and a few sites and it occurred to me... These retailers that run 'sale' on top of 'sale' and promotion on top of promotion and somehow manage to suck some shoppers in time after time... I don't know... Sort of makes you realize the mark-up must be really significant and anything they actually sell at full price must be pure gravy... Also sort of makes you stop and think that it seems some customers just don't want to see that at some level they're being manipulated... Just sayin'... 

@steviebWhen I worked in a gift and flower shop, my friend marked up 50%. So I know when I go into some stores that if they paid $1.00 then their price would be $2.00.

But when I see bags on sale at Macys or Dillards, are they just getting back what they paid or did they pay a lot less.

Yes, I want that PN bag. But will it go down even more. Guess you take the chance of getting or losing it.

I have been watching another bag. The price keeps going up and down. Crazy. And not just a few dollars but $74.00 to $49.00.

Knowing I don't need any bags, I guess I will just wait. Don't worry, I won't cry over spilled milk

@VenturaHighway I think they're marked way up, well over what you saw in the flower shop. I think the markup on handbags is probably egregious, especially for certain brands. That said, I'm not sure you're going to find that Nash bag again for a great deal less. Stock at the Maxx stores is inconsistent and Macy's sells out a lot of their sale bags. 

@steviebI know you are right. It is a good price. And it is the bag I really wanted. Right now, with so many bags that I don't carry, I'm trying to decide what to do.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I was scouring a few threads and a few sites and it occurred to me... These retailers that run 'sale' on top of 'sale' and promotion on top of promotion and somehow manage to suck some shoppers in time after time... I don't know... Sort of makes you realize the mark-up must be really significant and anything they actually sell at full price must be pure gravy... Also sort of makes you stop and think that it seems some customers just don't want to see that at some level they're being manipulated... Just sayin'... 

@steviebWhen I worked in a gift and flower shop, my friend marked up 50%. So I know when I go into some stores that if they paid $1.00 then their price would be $2.00.

But when I see bags on sale at Macys or Dillards, are they just getting back what they paid or did they pay a lot less.

Yes, I want that PN bag. But will it go down even more. Guess you take the chance of getting or losing it.

I have been watching another bag. The price keeps going up and down. Crazy. And not just a few dollars but $74.00 to $49.00.

Knowing I don't need any bags, I guess I will just wait. Don't worry, I won't cry over spilled milk

@VenturaHighway: I admire your patience! Just so long as you're willing to take a chance that it might sell out, and no more will come in. l don't think they're making that pattern any more...

@handygal2I really appreciate your help and letting me know about the bag. And I love the print and I think you are right about that print. Same print on the summer PN bag that I saw at Marshalls. I wish I didn't love bags as much as I do.

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighwayNot to add fuel to the Poppy fire, but Macy's also has a terrific six month return policy.  If you don't use it, you could always return it.  I also like that I can return online Macys purchases to my local store, rather than having to send them by mail.  

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@VenturaHighway I think they're marked way up, well over what you saw in the flower shop. I think the markup on handbags is probably egregious, especially for certain brands. That said, I'm not sure you're going to find that Nash bag again for a great deal less. Stock at the Maxx stores is inconsistent and Macy's sells out a lot of their sale bags. 

@steviebI know you are right. It is a good price. And it is the bag I really wanted. Right now, with so many bags that I don't carry, I'm trying to decide what to do.

@VenturaHighway: I'm not trying to be an enabler here, but Macy's has a liberal return policy. You can buy it, then return it if you change your mind, or if it's marked down more. That's better than not buying it, and regretting it again! JMHO...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2@steviebI also have a budget on things that I want and don't need. I really try to stick with that during the month. Yes, it would be great to have unlimited funds for all things wantedWoman Very Happy

I guess I'm trying to talk myself out of needing another bag even though I want it and love it. Being strong s****Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@VenturaHighwayNot to add fuel to the Poppy fire, but Macy's also has a terrific six month return policy.  If you don't use it, you could always return it.  I also like that I can return online Macys purchases to my local store, rather than having to send them by mail.  

@LinmoIf I bought it, I would for sure keep itWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@stevieb@handygal2@LinmoI'm going to go ponder about this bagWoman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@handygal2@steviebI also have a budget on things that I want and don't need. I really try to stick with that during the month. Yes, it would be great to have unlimited funds for all things wantedWoman Very Happy

I guess I'm trying to talk myself out of needing another bag even though I want it and love it. Being strong s****Woman LOL

@VenturaHighway: You sure are!!  Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway  Okay, you don't need that bag.  Put it out of your mind.  Or..... if you buy that bag, you need to find 3 that have to go to the Magic Store.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Well, well I clearly need to fix my doorbell, lol.  Something told me to check my order status for Kaley.  Imagine my surprise when the delivery status said delivered at 4 pm.  Sure enough, 3 1/2 hours later I look at the front porch and there is the box.

So far it looks brand new and I am letting it warm up before I check out everything.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise