Trusted Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... They ALWAYS Lead with the Bag

@Bird mama  Good luck with the car shopping. I just completed a 30 day quest and drove my new baby home last week. I have seen it all, that's for sure, and could write a book about the experience with various dealers. But it worked out FAB in the end!

Its ironic that the car I was originally ready to make a deal on popped up again 30 days later, and by that time I had learned so much about other makes/models/dealers that the dealer who didn't want to play with me then was kicked to the curb when he came calling again WITH THE SAME CAR.

Stay true to your terms -- I did and made 'em work for it. Some did, some didn't. I wasn't afraid to walk, which I did a few times. And I laid it out ahead of time, making it clear that I wasn't going to waste my time.

Now they follow up with me and I have the joy of saying "I've made my purchase and am no longer in the market for a new vehicle." Then the silly "what could we have done to earn your business?" emails.

Whether it's new or pre-owned, when a single woman emerges victorious from the car buying process that "new car smell" is all the sweeter!

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

oh it was in the 30s last night, I wonder if we'll get snow before Thanksgiving?

@jaxs mom Lucky you... We're having our typical no fall and endless summer and I hate it. September was sunny and warm every blessed day. It was pretty but I'm done with it and at least it cooled down at night. Unfortunately, now that we should be into fall, the weather is very warm and humid and even the night time is unplesant. Looks like we won't have fall or winter again this year and frankly, I'm tired of this nonsense. I miss actually having four seasons.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom It appears that Barney's does still offer an eponymous line of accessories and handbags... I was just browsing their site. They also sell a rather stellar array of nicer brands... I hadn't checked out their site in a while and it's always a treat. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

oh it was in the 30s last night, I wonder if we'll get snow before Thanksgiving?

@jaxs momIt turned cold here too. I went out to get the mail and was shockedWoman Surprised

Respected Contributor

@steviebIs Barneys a store or just a website? Never heard of it but I have never heard of a lot of brandsWoman Frustrated But I'm learningWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway

@stevieb

@EdithEllenLily

@jaxs mom

@LonestarBabs

I never received a notification either. Smiley Sad

I am beginning to think I've croaked and nobody notified me Smiley Happy I've been having a terrible time today dealing with USPS with 2 returns with QVC's prepaid labels. My head is just spinning and whirling around. I am beginning to wonder if there are any honest people working at our Post Office anymore. QVC customer service people are more helpful than anyone. I know, it sounds a little weird, but it is true.

It's nice to see the new thread for us Handbag Dames. I will be checking on this now that I know it is here. 

@VenturaHighway-- Yes, Barney's is a huge dept. store. We don't have one here where I live, we lost our Macys and I wonder what will go next??? 

Respected Contributor

@jaxs momI got my Allure box today and the samples are nice size. I got the perfume "Kat Von D Saint", smells great. I'm pleased with the products. Wish it was $10.00 like Sephora but I do like getting new products to try.

Respected Contributor

@LeenyWe still have Macys in  Springfield. And in Joplin. It is a fun place to shop and they do have good sales.

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway

Our closest Macys is approximately 70 miles away. I can always drive if I wanted to, but who wants to? We go and see our son every so often so I guess I could scoot over there after visiting TJ's Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@VenturaHighway

Our closest Macys is approximately 70 miles away. I can always drive if I wanted to, but who wants to? We go and see our son every so often so I guess I could scoot over there after visiting TJ's Smiley Happy

@LeenyBoth of the Macys that I mentioned are both 60 miles from where I live. But we go to Springfield for DH's Dr. And we go to Joplin when we travel.

I still like Dillards too. Have found some great sales there.