Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... They ALWAYS Lead with the Bag

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily Helloooooooo cutie pie!  How are ya?  I was bad this weekend wasn't I, lol  I wasn't going to order that dooney tsv.  I even called it a has been bag but when I saw the strap on it with the bold hardware I had to have it.  It's classic.  I ordered the midnight at first and then cancelled that color and ordered the teal instead.  I thought the teal looked the best with the brown strap.  Was a nice contrast.  

I didn't order the TS bag from PNash only because she didn't put the pattern on the other side of the bag.  If she did that I would have gotten it  I did order her little framed embroidered Satchel bag.  The entire bag has embroided flowers on it  Very adorable and that was on sale too and still is  The third bag I ordered was from the Dooney site on their half price sale.  It's a little crossbody bag that the q sells for over 200 bucks.  I got it for 129 dollars off the dooney site.  Was a good deal.

Now I'm all handbagged out.  I can't order another bag for at least a year, lol  I'm done for a while at least for a few months, lol   Have a fab weekend.  Make it a safe one.  

@Blingqueen023 YOU are the cutie pie, sweet lady!! Woman Very Happy How am I? Well, I've been upset with myself for buying so many handbags but otherwise, I'm doing okay! 

I hope you enjoy all three of your new handbags that are on their way to you!! Wear them well and in the best of health...and I am hoping you are all finished with your treatments? Continued best wishes for good health for all time now!! Heart

Regarding the Patricia Nash TS bag coming up on HSN, my guess is that they only did the embroidery on one side because you would wear it with the embroidery facing outward and then the opposite leather side would wear well next to your body (vs. embroidery that may become loose over time rubbing next to your body). This is only my theory and who knows if it is right. I liked both the red and the golden bags and scarves but probably will not order because I have been so bad with my too many handbags. Woman Embarassed

I did organize my shoes for winter today, and we had large snowdrops falling here! Woman Surprised Luckily, it didn't stick much. Yikes, winter is coming indeed! Stay warm and well! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Please don't go anywhere, my sister in Prince 

@Bird mama Sister in Prince for sure!! Woman Happy Heart

I am still here...will be in and out and trying to not look at the handbags for sale. Thanks for your message...very nice...you don't go anywhere, either! 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Supposed to get increasingly dreary today here too @EdithEllenLily... But I'll have to run a few errands, since I didn't feel like doing them yesterday. I try to avoid doing them on weekends when more people are jockeying to get things done... At least it's cooler. We've actually been having fall now for several weeks, but not snow, as I saw Chicago had... No idea what we'll do for Thanksgiving... Things certainly do change... Back in the day, we had to eat holiday meals twice, once with my father's family and then with my mothers... Those were the days...

Woman Wink

@stevieb I know what you mean about those two holiday meals! We had them at my grandparents' homes and we were absolutely stuffed. The good thing is that we would have one dinner on Thursday and the other on Friday or Saturday, depending on when my aunt, uncle and cousins could come. Fun, fun times!

Yes, we had huge snowdrops falling outside this afternoon! Woman Surprised There was no way I was going out in it, so my holiday shopping and other errands will have to wait. I brought out my winter boots and other boots today and am catching up on laundry. I hope your errands went well! 

Well, I ordered some handbags and then canceled them. I just can't do it! What a bad, bad little girl I am! Grrrrr, upset with myself! Woman Frustrated Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

I am driving myself nuts.  EVERY day I check Macy's online for that doggone Coach Taylor tote in the dark turquoise to go on sale.  Not yet marked down....I am just obssessed with that rich color and the dark gunmetal hardware.  

@hicindy2 I hope you get this one on sale soon!! Fingers crossed!!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama What a special, meaningful and unique event you went to today with your sister!! Your handbag looked perfect for this lovely occasion! How did it go?

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb You are being SO good...I'm impressed! Woman Happy I wish I could have your strength in resisting these handbags. My guess is that I need to check in here less often so I am not so tempted. There is so much to do this time of the year anyway! So, if you see me less often, that's why. I am glad Thanksgiving is early so we have more time to get ready for the holidays. This weekend I'm going to make my list and go shopping for the items I need to make to bring for Thanksgiving dinner! 

@EdithEllenLilyIf you are happy with your bag purchases then that is all that mattersHeart  I just bought that SAK bag after saying, no more, no moreWoman LOL And I know you give a lot for giftsHeart

For me, I have a budget to buy things I want. So I have to be careful in things I really want. Sure nothing I needWoman LOL

Of course, I love to look but you know that I rarely buy anything from a regular storeWoman Very Happy  I'm lucky to have great Magic ShopsWoman Very Happy

@VenturaHighway Thanks! You are the most disciplined handbag friend here!! Woman Very Happy Good job for everything you do. And congratulations on getting that dark brown leather bag at such a great price! I love dark brown leather bags...they are my favorite for sure! Heart

@EdithEllenLilyHeart My love for handbags started long ago from my Sweet MotherHeart For all her dress dresses, she had a bag and heels to match. She made all our clothes. And she made beautiful clothes. Sometimes I would draw her a picture of a dress and she would make it without a pattern. Such a talent.

I wish I still had the deep royal blue velvet dress she made for my prom.Heart I miss her and my Dear FatherHeart The best I ever knew. Just really good peopleHeart

I'm glad I bought the SAK., it really is in perfect condition.

@VenturaHighway What wonderful memories you have about your dear parents!! I know you will treasure them always, and you will see your parents again in Heaven one day (hopefully not too soon though Woman Wink). Sending blessings to you as you remember, EEL Heart

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily Helloooooooo cutie pie!  How are ya?  I was bad this weekend wasn't I, lol  I wasn't going to order that dooney tsv.  I even called it a has been bag but when I saw the strap on it with the bold hardware I had to have it.  It's classic.  I ordered the midnight at first and then cancelled that color and ordered the teal instead.  I thought the teal looked the best with the brown strap.  Was a nice contrast.  

I didn't order the TS bag from PNash only because she didn't put the pattern on the other side of the bag.  If she did that I would have gotten it  I did order her little framed embroidered Satchel bag.  The entire bag has embroided flowers on it  Very adorable and that was on sale too and still is  The third bag I ordered was from the Dooney site on their half price sale.  It's a little crossbody bag that the q sells for over 200 bucks.  I got it for 129 dollars off the dooney site.  Was a good deal.

Now I'm all handbagged out.  I can't order another bag for at least a year, lol  I'm done for a while at least for a few months, lol   Have a fab weekend.  Make it a safe one.  

@Blingqueen023 YOU are the cutie pie, sweet lady!! Woman Very Happy How am I? Well, I've been upset with myself for buying so many handbags but otherwise, I'm doing okay! 

I hope you enjoy all three of your new handbags that are on their way to you!! Wear them well and in the best of health...and I am hoping you are all finished with your treatments? Continued best wishes for good health for all time now!! Heart

Regarding the Patricia Nash TS bag coming up on HSN, my guess is that they only did the embroidery on one side because you would wear it with the embroidery facing outward and then the opposite leather side would wear well next to your body (vs. embroidery that may become loose over time rubbing next to your body). This is only my theory and who knows if it is right. I liked both the red and the golden bags and scarves but probably will not order because I have been so bad with my too many handbags. Woman Embarassed

I did organize my shoes for winter today, and we had large snowdrops falling here! Woman Surprised Luckily, it didn't stick much. Yikes, winter is coming indeed! Stay warm and well! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily wow! Big snowflakes.  I would have loved to have seen that.  I bet it was pretty when it was falling.  I wish something like that would happen here in the dc area.  We'll have high winds tomorrow and it will be pretty darn cold here.  I don't mind the cold but I hate the wind that comes with it.  

I've finished my treatments last summer I'm happy to say and i've had a ct scan and pet scan on my head and I'm happy to say there's no trace of the Lymphoma.  I'm very fortunate.  Now all my hair has grown back nice and thick.  I'm thrilled about that.  It's nice to be able to dye my hair again, lol.  I really didn't like wearing wigs.  I just feel very blessed that the chemo treatments never made me sick.  I was lucky.  I have alot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  I wish you and your family much happiness and good health this Thanksgiving and hope you have a great time at the holiday.  Don't feel bad about ordering a lot of handbags.  We have to have something to collect.  Life is too short to drprive ourselves of ordering gorgeous handbags! 

Respected Contributor

We had 65 degrees this morning and now it is down to 35 brrrr. At least I hope it kills all those Asian beetles. They have been a pain. And they bite when they land on you.

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 Thank you, BlingQueen! Heart I'm so glad to read you are all healed and well and all!! I was sorry to read about your father's passing; I do know how difficult that is. That is great you can take your Mom out to dinner -- and that she has others to talk with in assisted living. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLilyHeart I do miss the big family dinners. Not sure why this is in bold letteringWoman Surprised I must of touched something by mistake. Now if I can fix it.