Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... They ALWAYS Lead with the Bag

@Leeny wrote:

I must be the odd ball here. I am not liking the TSV. as I already own a bag that could pass for it's twin sister. I've owned it about 6 years. The handle is the same and I own it in Navy. I don't really love it as the zipper opening is not wide enough. Plus no outside zip on mine either. Why can't Dooney bring out something "new & fresh?" I'll have to find something else I guess. 

Well, my potatoes are ready now as I am off to make lefse. See you all later. 

I hope if you are ordering the TSV that you will truly enjoy it.

@hicindy2 @stevieb @Bird mama and all the bag lovers here.

Not me @Leeny. I've said from the get-go that I didn't much care for it... Not ordering either...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 I'm so sorry to read you lost your dad... I didn't know, but realize how re-defining such a loss is... 

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 Glad you still have your mother... Mine is pretty much my last remaining close family member. She really should be living elsewhere, but refuses to leave her home. I think she's determined to stay in it until the end. I worry about her, but am close by. We speak daily and get together regularly. It's hard for us as well, but I think especially hard for them to have so few close relatives, friends and neighbors remaining.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Blingqueen023 I'm so sorry to read you lost your dad... I didn't know, but realize how re-defining such a loss is... 

@stevieb Thank you StevieB.  He was 92 and I find this very amazing.  Outside of a tonsilectomy, he had his first major surgery when he was 89 for an aortic aneurysm.  At 92 one of the stents leaked and he needed another surgery to repair that.  He never really fully recovered from that.  He lived a great life and was a great dad.  I'm just happy he lived a long pretty much healthy life.  

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023My Mother lived in a assisted place and was so happy. My Mother and Father were married for 53 years when he passed away in 1987 two days before Christmas. And the year Mother passed away, it was the day after Thanksgiving. So for me, it is holidays to remember the fun our family always had when we got together.

Our family is small now (son and grandson that live in Arkansas) but I always make it fun.

Respected Contributor

@Leeny@steviebWhen I saw the bag last night, I thought, I have an old Dooney that looks almost like that one. Same straps but doesn't have the feet on the bottom.

When it comes to bags, there are just a certain amount of styles to make.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Blingqueen023 Glad you still have your mother... Mine is pretty much my last remaining close family member. She really should be living elsewhere, but refuses to leave her home. I think she's determined to stay in it until the end. I worry about her, but am close by. We speak daily and get together regularly. It's hard for us as well, but I think especially hard for them to have so few close relatives, friends and neighbors remaining.

@stevieb@Blingqueen023It is hard when we have to become the parent.

Once a man, twice a child.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Leeny@steviebWhen I saw the bag last night, I thought, I have an old Dooney that looks almost like that one. Same straps but doesn't have the feet on the bottom.

I agree, there are @VenturaHighway but why they keep hawking the same designs over and over is beyond me... And they could have improved on the bag from earlier incarnations of it... Adding an outside pocket and a more user friendly opening would've been good for starters... And, as I mentioned earlier, I'm just not much into hobos, so I knew right away it wasn't for me... I wouldn't mind owning a Dooney hobo, but this one just isn't it... 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

I agree, there are @VenturaHighway but why they keep hawking the same designs over and over is beyond me... And they could have improved on the bag from earlier incarnations of it... Adding an outside pocket and a more user friendly opening would've been good for starters... And, as I mentioned earlier, I'm just not much into hobos, so I knew right away it wasn't for me... I wouldn't mind owning a Dooney hobo, but this one just isn't it... 

@steviebFor sure, most women like an outside pocket. I do like the colors in this bag. And the price is good.

Honored Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

@stevieb

@EdithEllenLily

@Blingqueen023

@VenturaHighway

And all the Bag Dames.........

I just have to share my new purse with others who can understand this obsession.  I mean passion.  😁

I can't even tell you the lengths I went through to get this bag.  While I was thinking about whether or not to purchase, which was only about a two hour period of time, someone bought it right out from under me!  😱😲😕  SOLD OUT!  Oh, man!  I was like a dang bloodhound, searching the internet, researching its origins, every boutique, eBay, PINTEREST, etc.......

After a month and a half, looking three times a day on the boutique website where It was sold out, there it was once again without the sold out tag!  I haven't been that excited since I don't even know when.  😄  I realized I have a sickness.  😲  

Not the most user friendly, but it just says "ME".  I love it!IMG_20171118_085013.jpg

@luv-the-Q I love your hard-to-find beautiful handbag!! Thanks for sharing your story...it helps us to know we are not alone in our love for handbags and our determination to find certain, special ones. Heart