Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... They ALWAYS Lead with the Bag

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb You are being SO good...I'm impressed! Woman Happy I wish I could have your strength in resisting these handbags. My guess is that I need to check in here less often so I am not so tempted. There is so much to do this time of the year anyway! So, if you see me less often, that's why. I am glad Thanksgiving is early so we have more time to get ready for the holidays. This weekend I'm going to make my list and go shopping for the items I need to make to bring for Thanksgiving dinner! 

Well @EdithEllenLily my friend, you'll be missed if you become scarce. Truth to tell, I don't think checking in here is necessarily enhancing your purchases... Think about it, girlfriend, you're the most prolific shopper among our little group, though maybe steering clear of the shopping side of the website (and the MZW thread...) might be the ticket... 

Woman Wink

I do hear you on all there is to do... Interestingly enough, I'm just not sweating it this year, at least so far... I'm going to do the bare minimum to get by this year, or at least that's my plan as of now... My gift shopping is essentially done, so anything I do now is more or less gravy and is optional... As for Thanksgiving, my gosh, my mother and I have still not even discussed it, if you can believe that...

Woman Frustrated

In any event, good luck with your Thanksgiving preparations and all the tasks leading up to the holidays... 

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb You are being SO good...I'm impressed! Woman Happy I wish I could have your strength in resisting these handbags. My guess is that I need to check in here less often so I am not so tempted. There is so much to do this time of the year anyway! So, if you see me less often, that's why. I am glad Thanksgiving is early so we have more time to get ready for the holidays. This weekend I'm going to make my list and go shopping for the items I need to make to bring for Thanksgiving dinner! 

@EdithEllenLilyIf you are happy with your bag purchases then that is all that mattersHeart  I just bought that SAK bag after saying, no more, no moreWoman LOL And I know you give a lot for giftsHeart

For me, I have a budget to buy things I want. So I have to be careful in things I really want. Sure nothing I needWoman LOL

Of course, I love to look but you know that I rarely buy anything from a regular storeWoman Very Happy  I'm lucky to have great Magic ShopsWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@steviebWhat are some of the brands of bags that you have bought at TJ's that you really like and are good quality? When I'm there, I would like to look at some of them. I always look at ones I know but pass over a name I don't know. And I'm thinking they may have some good sales.

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway Aside from the usual brands that we all often discuss, my favorite purchases form the Maxx have tended to be the obscure Italian brands and honestly, none of the names really come to mind because they aren't brands we often hear about... My experience is you just really have to scour the bags carefully. Because of the way they're displayed it's easy to miss some good bags and there might be some great bags from brands with which we're otherwise unfamiliar... I've always liked Ralph Lauren, so that's one brand I usually will keep an eye out for... Overall, the selection hasn't been as good for the past couple of years as it once was, but there are sometimes still some good options. Happy hunting !!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Screenshot 2017-11-17 20.16.19.pngFor any of you ladies who are cat or dog lovers or have folks on your holiday gift list who are, I bought an amazing turquoise sterling silver paw pendant and chain on Amazon for $29.  It's available in multiple colors of turquoise as well as other natural stones.  I purchased the first one in all turquoise and after receiving it, have ordered several more for gifts (and one for myself).

Respected Contributor

why don't I have any will power, lol  I love this Dooney TSV.  What a classic hobo bag it is.  What got me drooling over it is the handle with that hardware.  I must have struggled forever to choose a color.  Ordered it in the midnight, then thought about the plum, but that's too purple for me, and ended up getting the teal since I don't have a bag in the teal.  Geeeeeeeeeeeesh, I'm done with handbags for at least a year.  I have three handbags coming to me.  A dooney crossbody I got for half price off their site, this qvc tsv and a Patricia Nash bag.  Merry Xmas to me hahahahaha

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Well @EdithEllenLily my friend, you'll be missed if you become scarce. Truth to tell, I don't think checking in here is necessarily enhancing your purchases... Think about it, girlfriend, you're the most prolific shopper among our little group, though maybe steering clear of the shopping side of the website (and the MZW thread...) might be the ticket... 

Woman Wink

I do hear you on all there is to do... Interestingly enough, I'm just not sweating it this year, at least so far... I'm going to do the bare minimum to get by this year, or at least that's my plan as of now... My gift shopping is essentially done, so anything I do now is more or less gravy and is optional... As for Thanksgiving, my gosh, my mother and I have still not even discussed it, if you can believe that...

Woman Frustrated

In any event, good luck with your Thanksgiving preparations and all the tasks leading up to the holidays... 

Woman Happy

@stevieb Thank you so much for your very kind message. Heart

It's just such a struggle for me because I love handbags so much. Obviously. Woman Frustrated Woman Embarassed

I'll definitely be in here and will see you around, but I am trying to figure out how to tone it down. Not really sure how to do that...

It sounds like you need to talk turkey with your mother. Woman Wink Good luck planning what you are doing for Thanksgiving! Woman Happy And I'm very impressed that your gift shopping is done already! Woman Surprised Woman Very Happy

It's a very dreary rainy day here, so it will be good to get some things done inside this morning and then make my list and go to the grocery store this afternoon. 

And while I will try to not watch those Dooney shows, I did see a lovely croco handbag under New Arrivals. Just admiring for sure! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLilyIf you are happy with your bag purchases then that is all that mattersHeart  I just bought that SAK bag after saying, no more, no moreWoman LOL And I know you give a lot for giftsHeart

For me, I have a budget to buy things I want. So I have to be careful in things I really want. Sure nothing I needWoman LOL

Of course, I love to look but you know that I rarely buy anything from a regular storeWoman Very Happy  I'm lucky to have great Magic ShopsWoman Very Happy

@VenturaHighway Thanks! You are the most disciplined handbag friend here!! Woman Very Happy Good job for everything you do. And congratulations on getting that dark brown leather bag at such a great price! I love dark brown leather bags...they are my favorite for sure! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

why don't I have any will power, lol  I love this Dooney TSV.  What a classic hobo bag it is.  What got me drooling over it is the handle with that hardware.  I must have struggled forever to choose a color.  Ordered it in the midnight, then thought about the plum, but that's too purple for me, and ended up getting the teal since I don't have a bag in the teal.  Geeeeeeeeeeeesh, I'm done with handbags for at least a year.  I have three handbags coming to me.  A dooney crossbody I got for half price off their site, this qvc tsv and a Patricia Nash bag.  Merry Xmas to me hahahahaha

@Blingqueen023 I see I am in very good company with my handbag shopping, LOL. Heart I hope all three handbags that are on their way to you are winners! I like the teal best in the Dooney TSV, too. Did you order the Patricia Nash TS bag that was presented on The List with Colleen from HSN? It comes with a matching scarf and it's beautiful. I think it's going to be the TS on Monday night going into Tuesday, Nov. 21. Thanks for popping in here and I hope you have a wonderful, safe weekend! Hugs, Edith Heart

Honored Contributor

LODIS has a new quilted laptop bag at a reasonable price in several colors, inside and out!

Black/Red
Available on 5 Easy Payments