Respected Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... They ALWAYS Lead with the Bag

@Bird mama wrote:

@Leeny  I haven't felt the need to buy any bags or shoes of late.  My sister visited my eldest niece over the weekend and she called me to let me know that niece and the eldest great niece mentioned great niece needed some pants.  It wasn't a - kid doesn't have a stitch of clothes comment - more like something tossed out for Christmas.

Well, JCP was having one of their sales and I went online and bought 7 or 8 pairs of pants - I bought yoga pants, jeans, jeans/blouse/vest outfit.  The sales were ridiculous and it would have been a crime to leave them there, lol.

So, I satisfied my shopping jones with purchases for a kid.  As soon as they arrive, I'll drop them off at niece's house and by the time I see everyone on Thanksgiving, I'll know if there are any that don't work or need to go back.

@Bird mamaHeart Many years ago when I was shopping at JCP, they had their big and tall men's shirts on sale for $1.99. I went crazy and DH and our sons are still wearing those shirts.

I find joy buying for our grandchildren too. Our 14 year-old grandson (6'3" and size 14 shoesWoman Surprised) spent the night Saturday night. We talked about what he wanted for Christmas. He wants some grown-up cologneWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

@LeenyHope things work out for your sonHeart Even when they are grown, they are still our little babyHeart

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway

Isn't that the truth... I know he's not a little kid anymore, but those feelings for your kids never change. Thanks for your post.

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@LeenyHope things work out for your sonHeart Even when they are grown, they are still our little babyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@VenturaHighway

Isn't that the truth... I know he's not a little kid anymore, but those feelings for your kids never change. Thanks for your post.

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Leeny  Tell him to eat breakfast, arrive early, and walk around the block first to settle any nerves.  Fingers crossed ...

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

The VOGUE Daily says this is next season's "It Bag"...carried by Angelina Jolie. What do you think?

Valentino Garavani Demilune Medium Vitello Handle Bag, Black

• Valentino Garavani handbag in vitello leather with signature Rockstud trim.
  • Golden hardware.
  • Rolled top handles with hanging keychain holder.
  • Removable, adjustable shoulder strap.
  • Flap top with chain detail; flip-lock closure.
  • Exterior, back slip pocket.
  • Made in Italy.

About Valentino Garavani:
Italian designer Valentino Garavani held his first significant show in 1962 at Florence's Pitti Palace, an appropriate setting for his opulent collection. Gorgeous lace, feminine details, gossamer-like chiffon, and a vibrant shade of red were Valentino's hallmarks. Today, Pierpaolo Piccioli honors the house's heritage while adding more modern touches.

I think it's beautiful

@jaxs mom Do you think they'll do a BOGO for us? I like the photo of her carrying the bag with the long shoulder strap. Always wanted one of those rockstud heels too, in nude. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@jaxs momOh My, sounds like you got a lot of great products. I love shopping at Sephora and Ulta. It is like candy stores for make-up. When I walk in, my heart starts pounding and I get so excitedWoman LOL

Wish I had those stores close but I could get into troubleWoman LOL

I'm going to have to try the OPI SHine. Last time I was at Sally's, I bought gel polish because we were going on a trip. I don't wear it otherwise. Now I wish I would of bought regular polish since we didn't go. Oh well, I have it if I need it. I guess I need to buy the machine to set the gel polish.

I have been looking at the Nars duo in pink. I think it is a limited edition.

I haven't tried gel polish yet, and I doubt I will. I don't want to soak my nails to remove polish. I guess the Infinite Shine line of OPI relies on the primer and top coat to do it's job so it's a hybrid type. I don't know, not an expert on it. 

I haven't tried Nars polish. @VenturaHighway

@jaxs mom @VenturaHighway Nars polish is pretty good. They come out with some nice color duos. I got a coral and nude set last year. Very smooth going on. I won't do gel polish either -- I do my own nails, always have. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

um the shoes, sigh

Remember these that I wanted but couldn't find and are probably insanely expensive

ilovethese.jpg

Well I found these Madden Girl ones at DSW, I ordered them. 

MGRooney.jpeg

@jaxs mom That's a cute dupe!

Honored Contributor

Well, I don't know, but I saw the identical Frye bag in the jungle for $110 less not to mention free shipping and returns and two-day delivery. So um....I guess easy pay is the draw.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's the it bag in use. Also, love her McQueen pop of color tote. And her mommy and me bag notion is adorable. It's another Valentino.

Valentino blck

Angelina-Jolie-Alexander-McQueen-Padlock-Tote.jpg

Mommy and me

Valentino braided

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

ok what do you all do about wallets in small evening bags? Do you even carry a wallet or just put what you need in a zipped area or pocket? 

@jaxs mom I've been using the small Lodis coin/pouch. Previously, I'd just put what I needed in a small bag (if it didn't have organization). However, one fine evening, my apparently not so fine date, went into the club without me as I was fumbling around for my ID while being carded. So I'm avoiding that ever happening again, but it did shed some light ... LOL.

The Lodis pouch I have, however, doesn't have specific slots, so I think I will search for something else more practical. I will likely go wallet shopping during the holidays.