Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... They ALWAYS Lead with the Bag

@jaxs mom wrote:

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I'm picking the kid up at the airport, from her trip, tonight. DH took the week of Thanksgiving off. Yesterday he said, "can she stay gone another week" LOL.

Anyway, I'm cooking and still deciding the last of the dishes on my menu. 

Going to DD and SIL's house. I'm making the cranberry and yam side dishes.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I went to my small, local, not so great TJ Maxx today and they're gearing up for Chistmas... Lots of stuff to peruse and some pretty good stuff at that... Tons of bags, but again, not too many nicer bags... The larger store I visited a few weeks ago had more nicer brands but even they weren't overwhelmed with them... I did see a pretty CK black bag that caught my eye and wasn't too pricey at $79, but I thought 'really... another black bag'... I guess it's still a bit early so it'll be interesting to see if they gear up with an even better selection of goods between Thanksgiving and Christmas... They usually do...

@stevieb I want to swing in there on my way home one day...it sounds fun to look, just like you did. Good job for not buying that black bag!!! Woman Very Happy

It was actually sort of a nice trip @EdithEllenLily... I was awakened early by a wrong number and never got back to sleep, but had a lot of errands to run so went ahead and got started... There was plenty of time to just meander around and I picked up some nice gifts, which means I'm pretty much done with that little chore... After all the social obligations you mention and the family related commitments, it's nice to take an hour or so and just wander around... But it has to be a weekday... Otherwise, forget the relaxing factor... 

@stevieb Ugh! The wrong number! The phone can be so jarring!  Woman Frustrated Well, the errands and shopping are done now so that is very good. And yes, I do need that hour or so to meander around...it's medicinal. Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

I was livid @EdithEllenLily and regretfully pretty short with the caller... I'd gone to bed very late, so really didn't want to get up so early... Try as I might, though, I couldn't get back to sleep... I ran a lot of errands today, so I'm pretty worn out... I usually turn my phone down when I know I'm not getting up early, but I forgot last night...

Unless you plan to make more than one medicinal trip... to the Maxx, I'd suggest you wait a bit. They'll gear up for Black Friday and then stock the shelves thereafter regularly in anticipation of Christmas. Right now, it's still a bit hit or miss... One of my store manager compadres told me a few years ago to stop in on Black Friday because the store wasn't the zoo I might expect... I'd not try that at the two stores closest to me because I think they would be. The store she worked at was a nice one, and a stand-alone, so it wasn't a hazard because most people are off shopping at malls and where they can hit more than one store at a time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

The VOGUE Daily says this is next season's "It Bag"...carried by Angelina Jolie. What do you think?

Valentino Garavani Demilune Medium Vitello Handle Bag, Black

• Valentino Garavani handbag in vitello leather with signature Rockstud trim.
  • Golden hardware.
  • Rolled top handles with hanging keychain holder.
  • Removable, adjustable shoulder strap.
  • Flap top with chain detail; flip-lock closure.
  • Exterior, back slip pocket.
  • Made in Italy.

About Valentino Garavani:
Italian designer Valentino Garavani held his first significant show in 1962 at Florence's Pitti Palace, an appropriate setting for his opulent collection. Gorgeous lace, feminine details, gossamer-like chiffon, and a vibrant shade of red were Valentino's hallmarks. Today, Pierpaolo Piccioli honors the house's heritage while adding more modern touches.

@EdithEllenLily... I'm not a fan of Angelina Jolie and I'm not a fan of that bag... I might like my studs... but I'll be skipping this particular 'it' bag...

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@VenturaHighway I'm still sold on the white CH bag... I'll be checking to see if anyone offers it at a good sale. I'm sort of surprised at the timing for this bag because they list it as 'optic' white, which would seem to mean a true white and not a more traditional winter white, for this time of year... While the 'summer white' thing went by the wayside long ago, it still seems interesting to me that they'd unveil this bag now... It would, though, make for a pretty bag to carry during the holiday season.

@steviebAnything goes nowWoman Very Happy And with a black, red and white dress or outfit and those red and black heels and carrying that white bag, well, all I can say is Oh MyWoman Very Happy

...and since she likes studs, she'll be ready!  Woman LOL  @VenturaHighway@stevieb

Why yes @handygal2... I'm almost always open to a nicely done stud...

I was going to say more but I think I better stop now... My judgment is probably a little impaired... and I wouldn't want to incur the wrath of the Stepford censors...

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily: I don't care for the Angelina Jolie bag. It's a bit too overdone, and the shallow, flared-out shape wouldn't work for me.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Good Evening Everyone,

@handygal2 @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Bird mama@VenturaHighway

Well, I am cooking and having my family over to our home. My DD has to work on Thanksgiving so we will be celebrating and eating on Friday. The turkey is in the freezer and that is always a good thing to get out of the way before the good ones are gone. The rest is pretty easy, except for making my lefse. DH helps me with that. 

How is the handbag finds going? I didn't care for that Jolie bag either. I haven't been looking lately except when I was over to TJ's on Sunday -( yesterday) They didn't have anything that rang my bell. I'll take @stevieb advice and go after Thanksgiving. 

My youngest son is still finding jobs to apply for. I sure hope he finds something before the first of the year. At least there are quite a few jobs for him to apply for. 

Good night everyone and sleep tight.

Respected Contributor

The TJ's in Joplin is in the mall. The TJ's and Marshalls in Springfield is in a shopping center. None of these are ever crowded. But I go during the week.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

The VOGUE Daily says this is next season's "It Bag"...carried by Angelina Jolie. What do you think?

Valentino Garavani Demilune Medium Vitello Handle Bag, Black

• Valentino Garavani handbag in vitello leather with signature Rockstud trim.
  • Golden hardware.
  • Rolled top handles with hanging keychain holder.
  • Removable, adjustable shoulder strap.
  • Flap top with chain detail; flip-lock closure.
  • Exterior, back slip pocket.
  • Made in Italy.

About Valentino Garavani:
Italian designer Valentino Garavani held his first significant show in 1962 at Florence's Pitti Palace, an appropriate setting for his opulent collection. Gorgeous lace, feminine details, gossamer-like chiffon, and a vibrant shade of red were Valentino's hallmarks. Today, Pierpaolo Piccioli honors the house's heritage while adding more modern touches.

I think it's beautiful

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Leeny  I haven't felt the need to buy any bags or shoes of late.  My sister visited my eldest niece over the weekend and she called me to let me know that niece and the eldest great niece mentioned great niece needed some pants.  It wasn't a - kid doesn't have a stitch of clothes comment - more like something tossed out for Christmas.

Well, JCP was having one of their sales and I went online and bought 7 or 8 pairs of pants - I bought yoga pants, jeans, jeans/blouse/vest outfit.  The sales were ridiculous and it would have been a crime to leave them there, lol.

So, I satisfied my shopping jones with purchases for a kid.  As soon as they arrive, I'll drop them off at niece's house and by the time I see everyone on Thanksgiving, I'll know if there are any that don't work or need to go back.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

I know what you mean about not buying bags and shoes right now. I have so many bags that need to come out that haven't been used in quite awhile. Shoes are something else again. Since I've had foot issues and now they are feeling better, I know I best stick with what I am wearing right now. 

Good for you on finding the jeans and pants at JCP. I've been debating on going out to see what the Sephora Store has. I have my 15% off that ends tomorrow. I truly don't need a thing. 

It's a good day today, my son called me this morning"early" to tell us that he has an interview tomorrow. That in itself has made my day Smiley Happy I can't believe how many jobs are out there in his field right now.