Super Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... They ALWAYS Lead with the Bag

Sorry girls! I'm sure I'm in the wrong place. Can't find (on this page) where to start new topic. Haven't been on the Forum in years. Anyone help? Be kind to this bag lover! It's probably staring me in the face!

Does anyone know if the ROMA 2 by G.I.L.I. WILL be back?
Honored Contributor

@MeganRose New Message is how you start a new thread. You should see it on the upper left of the page

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

hmm a Dooney pebble leather hobo with silver hardware and a zip top for the upcoming TSV, no picture is up with the listing and InsideQ isn't online yet when I checked so not sure what it looks like. 

It's another run of the mill Dooney hobo... They all tend to look somewhat alike... I don't remember, but wasn't the last TSV similar in description... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@stevieb ok I watched the rest of it. It was good. But ya the kid needs to go back to grandma. He's so annoying. 

@jaxs mom Annoying and even when he's not on screen too much the focus for her, which impacts the overall interest level they're going to be able to attain. His presence really adds nothing to what is clearly an adult drama. I don't know why the producers and writers felt compelled to have him traveling with them. 

Honored Contributor

@MeganRose wrote:
Sorry girls! I'm sure I'm in the wrong place. Can't find (on this page) where to start new topic. Haven't been on the Forum in years. Anyone help? Be kind to this bag lover! It's probably staring me in the face!

Does anyone know if the ROMA 2 by G.I.L.I. WILL be back?

I doubt it @MeganRose. They've done so many Roma incarnations since then and at least one of them was supposed to be the semi-revival of that bag. I have no idea which one. I sort of lost interest in the line.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@stevieb ok I watched the rest of it. It was good. But ya the kid needs to go back to grandma. He's so annoying. 

@jaxs mom Annoying and even when he's not on screen too much the focus for her, which impacts the overall interest level they're going to be able to attain. His presence really adds nothing to what is clearly an adult drama. I don't know why the producers and writers felt compelled to have him traveling with them. 

I wouldn't say he adds nothing. I think he's there precisely to show the juxtapostion of who she thinks she wants to be and how she is actually living her life. The same way that both she and Javier attempt to hide their criminal actions from each other, even when the kid isn't around. They're both consumed by self deception. 

But the delivery of the child actors lines is annoying to me. They could have a different kid, or if he played the part in a different way I woudn't find him as annoying. I more want him gone, not because he supposedly messes up the story but just because I don't want to listen to him anymore. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I wouldn't say he adds nothing. I think he's there precisely to show the juxtapostion of who she thinks she wants to be and how she is actually living her life. The same way that both she and Javier attempt to hide their criminal actions from each other, even when the kid isn't around. They're both consumed by self deception. 

But the delivery of the child actors lines is annoying to me. They could have a different kid, or if he played the part in a different way I woudn't find him as annoying. I more want him gone, not because he supposedly messes up the story but just because I don't want to listen to him anymore. 

I suppose I feel the same purpose could be served by him living with her mother or elsewhere, and having occasional 'drive by' appearances to remind the audience of her actual versus ideal reality... Having him always in tow means he commands too much air time and is the focus of too much of the story line... When you think about it, most of the show last night centered on her efforts to get him into school... From my perspective, the better episodes last year were those that aired before he was introduced and those that took place prior to her gaining custody... Different strokes, I guess, because I think the show is better when her son plays a more limited role...

Other than her drugging and drinking, I also don't recall her and Javier hiding all that much from each other last year, primarily because they were so often involved with each others 'stings', for want of a better word. That piece seemed somewhat more defined to me last night than it had previously.

Honored Contributor

Hi @MeganRose and Welcome Back to the Community :-)

If you want to start a new thread, just click back on Handbags.

Once there you will see a list of all of the threads posted in the handbag forum.

Above the titles of all of the threads, you should see a read box named New Message.  Once you click that you add a title to your thread, and then content in the text box.

I don't know much about GILI.  From what I understand, the quality of the Romas became hit and miss once Robertson left the Q.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So, today was the last day of my long weekend and I tried to do something productive besides the usual laundry, etc.

I raked the front yard and worked out my shoulders and arms.  I picked up pine cones and twigs/branches in the back yard.  The walnut tree is losing some small leaves and I decided to let them dry out, along with the grass and will mow/vacuum/mulch them later this week or on Saturday.

I replaced the back storm door screen with the glass.  That glass is full sized, heavy and awkward to install.  I had it halfway secured before I realized I had it in backwards.  It's all set and nice and clean now.  I need to pick up some of those gel or plastic stickers that attach with static.  I think I'm explaining that correctly - no glue.

The door is white and if I don't put some things on the glass I get the occasional bump from a bird that didn't understand there was a barrier there.  For now, I have two things from the zoo on the glass storm door.  I took one of them off the kitchen window.  I still have one from the zoo on the kitchen window.  I hate when I hear a bump and I'm always scared (but I do it anyway) to check and make sure no one broke their neck when they bumped the window.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@MeganRoseIf you are a bag lover, then you are in the right placeWoman Very Happy