Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... Anything Goes...

@Serendipity wrote:

New Roma 5 in croco. Aubergine and smoke look pretty. These match your Gili clutches EEL, if you still have them? @EdithEllenLily @jaxs mom @stevieb @handygal2 I can't tell if the new flat handles were shortened so that one couldn't wear over the shoulder. 

@Serendipity I saw that! I liked the Aubergine. I have the GILI croco wallet in cognac and I still like it. The smoke croco wallet wasn't painted very well so I sold it at my sister's yearly yard sale. I don't think I will order the Aubergine but it is attractive. 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb@EdithEllenLily, et al: l received my PN turquoise tooled tote from HSN today, and l THINK it's a keeper, but I'm not sure yet. There are a couple of negatives. The turquoise tooling is very bright. I wish it were a bit more subtle. Also, the rolled handles are too short to wear over the shoulder with a winter coat, but l knew that going in. The shadings on the solid brown sides and back of the bag are turquoise, not a lighter brown. While that's not what l expected, it's not a deal-breaker. The metal buttons on the straps are even painted turquoise-- nice attention to detail.

There's plenty of organization, inside and out. There's even a coordinating mirror. The size and shape of the bag are good, the leather is nice, and it's not too heavy. It's certainly a different-looking and will get noticed. I agree with Stevie that this TSV could have been priced lower. I see that it's now selling for $249, a reach IMO.

IMG_4148.JPG

@handygal2 Thanks for your detailed review! It certainly is pretty. Woman Happy Regarding the handle and the winter coat, do you think it would work to use the longer strap and fold the shorter handles down? Considering I chose the floral, I'm thinking I probably won't wear it in the winter anyway. I'm also worried about the zipper having an opening at the top like @stevieb mentioned. Interesting that the shading marks are turquoise...I think I would like that better than light brown! Good luck deciding on whether or not it's a keeper. 

@EdithEllenLily: If l keep it, l was thinking just what you suggested-- l'd use the longer strap as a long shoulder bag in the winter. The handles fold down neatly.

The small openings on the sides of the zipper don't bother me, since some of my bags have magnetic snap closures, which are much less secure. I haven't yet lost anything out of them, lol. 

BTW, this leather sure smells nice!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

I like the turquoise and brown, very pretty. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Is anyone buying the Dooney TSV? The leather looks nice, and l like the olive option. But the silhouette isn't right for me, and it weighs almost two pounds.

And almost $12 to ship a TSV??!! The Q should learn from HSN, and offer FREE shipping on it. I never would have bought the HSN PN TSV if they had

pulled that stunt, lol. 

This TSV's price is only $48 less than the regular price. HSN's was $69 less. 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

HI, @Boehm Collector: I have those Earth perforated shoes in navy. I'm also buying more shoes than bags these days, lol.

At least three of us bought the PN TSV: @stevieb@EdithEllenLily, and I, each in a different pattern. Stevie and l have already reviewed ours, and we await EEL's review. (I don't think she's received hers yet).

I have the PN Poppy Satchel with the map of Italy, and it's one of my favorite bags. Not to be an enabler, but l highly recommend it! It's occasionally on sale at Macy's.

IMG_4149.JPG

@handygal2 That Poppy Tote in Map is so cool! Maybe someday...

Do you know I don't even have the estimated delivery date yet on my PN floral bag and wallet/wristlet? It's sitting somewhere all week long! HSN is not earning points with me. Woman Frustrated

Edited to add: I just checked my tracking and my items are at the UPS hub in Illinois. However, my EDD is Aug. 22 because they will be sent through the Post Office and delivered by the mailman that day. 

@handygal2 @stevieb

@EdithEllenLily: Wow, they're really trying your patience!!  Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

HI, @Boehm Collector: I have those Earth perforated shoes in navy. I'm also buying more shoes than bags these days, lol.

At least three of us bought the PN TSV: @stevieb@EdithEllenLily, and I, each in a different pattern. Stevie and l have already reviewed ours, and we await EEL's review. (I don't think she's received hers yet).

I have the PN Poppy Satchel with the map of Italy, and it's one of my favorite bags. Not to be an enabler, but l highly recommend it! It's occasionally on sale at Macy's.

IMG_4149.JPG

Hi @handygal2 .. I would love to get the Earth Keri in black or Moroccan Blue..... but sadly neither is offered in my size.   

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector Hi Maria, good to hear from you. I ordered the Patricia Nash bag in the map print, which I've long found appealing.

Hope it ends up being a keeper for you @stevieb.  It's a really beautiful bag .... but I think it would be a bit too large for my small frame.   I'm going to try to stop at TJMaxx to see if they have any PN handbags.  

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb @handygal2 @1Professor @Blingqueen023 @Bird mama @jaxs mom @VenturaHighway @hicindy2 @WhiteFlowers @Grnidkjun @skyblue @Serendipity @gramygram @Boehm Collector @NycVixen @Leeny @Jen44 @Linmo and all:

On my way home from a dental cleaning (yes, Stevie, I took your advice from long ago and waited until all of my dental ordeals were done to have the cleaning Woman Wink), I stopped at two TJ Maxx locations and saw several Patricia Nash bags in various styles in good condition. I came home with this one below...a fabulous deal at 99 dollars. I saw it from afar and thought, oh no...and then...oh yesWoman Very Happy

Patricia Nash Perugia Tote in Tan

Patricia Nash Perugia Tote

Patricia Nash Perugia Tote

Nice bag @EdithEllenLily!  Enjoy !  I saw a nice PN bag on HSN (on line not on TV) the other day.  I think it was a TSV.  It had a map of Italy.  I was SO  tempted.  But I didn't cave!  Besides... I just bought another pair of Earth Shoes (my 4th pair)  .  I think I am coming down with a shoe addiction.   @stevieb .. did you buy one of the PN bags from HSN?  If so, which one did you get?

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 6.33.47 PM.png

@Boehm Collector Hi BC!! Woman Very Happy So good to SEE you here! I've been thinking of you and hoping things are going well this summer. 

Hi @EdithEllenLily .. thanks for the kind words.  This summer has been insane.  Work is driving me crazy.  I'm too old to be putting up with extremely difficult, unreasonable clients and attorneys.  But things seem to be getting worse with each passing day.  I'm just about out of patience.   Can't wait until I can retire!

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Is anyone buying the Dooney TSV? The leather looks nice, and l like the olive option. But the silhouette isn't right for me, and it weighs almost two pounds.

And almost $12 to ship a TSV??!! The Q should learn from HSN, and offer FREE shipping on it. I never would have bought the HSN PN TSV if they had

pulled that stunt, lol. 

This TSV's price is only $48 less than the regular price. HSN's was $69 less. 

@handygal2 Good analysis! I agree with all of the problematic points you mentioned! I don't like the small, fold-over opening or the short strap drop. I like the red-edge dye and the Black, Midnight and Palomino colors and the leather does look nice. But I am not ordering any of them due to the issues and the cost of the shipping and handling.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector Hi Maria, good to hear from you. I ordered the Patricia Nash bag in the map print, which I've long found appealing.

Hope it ends up being a keeper for you @stevieb.  It's a really beautiful bag .... but I think it would be a bit too large for my small frame.   I'm going to try to stop at TJMaxx to see if they have any PN handbags.  

@Boehm Collector I stopped at four TJ Maxx stores this week and there are a lot of Patricia Nash handbags. One store even had a display of them with several hanging all in one place! Woman Surprised