Super Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... Anything Goes...

@handygal2

That's a lovely PN tote! 

Hope it arrives soon. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 Congratulations on finding that beautiful PN tote! I saw that pattern recently at Macy's and it's very nice. Woman Very Happy

In case you are still looking for something in denim, I just ordered these from Aimee Kestenberg's graduation sale email! Cute marked down and only $5.08 media mail shipping (orders $150.00+ have free shipping).

Cannes Tote, Tie Dye Denim, $55.00

Cannes Tote, Tie Dye Denim

Cannes Pouch, Tie Dye Denim, $20.00

Cannes Pouch, Tie Dye Denim

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny @EdithEllenLily Neither of the Maxx stores I've visited in the last week had much to offer in the way of bags. It ebbs and flows and unless you hit it just right, you see what's been picked over and left behind until the next delivery and restocking takes place. The volume is also seasonal. To date, I haven't seen any straw bags I'd consider. I did notice there seems to have been an influx of Spade, Kipling and Baggalini bags at the two stores I've visited, but I'm not interested. I'll probably be checking out Marshall's sometime in the near future. There are plenty of other Maxx stores in my area I could visit, but I don't think I will be doing so anytime soon.

@stevieb I didn't get over to TJ's today... I daudled too long at the mall today trying to use my coupons at Herbergers and JC Penneys. I didn't see any bags at the mall. Oh, let me take that back I seen a cute one at Francesecas, but it was a bit large. It was straw and had a cute pineapple on the front, but no zip top. I think I would have purchased it if it hadn't been so wide.  So, now I'll have to make a trip over to TJ's this weekend or maybe tomorrow.  We only have one TJ's in my area so it's a hit and miss. You must live in a big metropolis to have so many and Marshall's too. I did get to use my coupon at Herbergers, but my Penneys one will have to wait. Today you had to spend $40 to save$10 and I didn't see anything  I needed or wanted. The coupon is good until the end of the month. So the purse hunt goes on and on and on..lol

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily: The AK tie-dye denim tote and pouch are so cute, and the prices are great-- thanks for posting!

I checked them out, and b/c the tote doesn't have a top closure, and the handles are too short to sling over my shoulder, it's not just right for me.  Woman Frustrated  

Enjoy them!!  Woman Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'm happy to report that my husband is off all restrictions from his surgery. And of course now he's going camping this weekend with a friend from work and some boating is involved. I better check no waterskiing. 

@jaxs mom You know how men are, they never listen. I will hope he knows better than to waterski yet. Good Luck. It sounds like he's doing good. What are your plans for the weekend? Besides worry?   No, don't worry, it does no good-- I hope you have some fun plans.

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

So with the good news that I didn't have to spend big bucks on my teeth, I went handbag shopping, LOL 

There was a sale last week on the Aimee Kestenberg site so I chose two Heston Satchels...one in the slightly shiny black (inspired by @NycVixen's black backpack) and the other in cranberry, but it's more of a magenta. I like them both! I've been paring down my handbag collection over the past couple of years and getting rid of heavy leather bags. These look edgy retro and are lightweight. And the leather is very nice. The only thing I'm not wild about are small spaces on the ends of the top zipper, but I can push in the leather. I also love the short attached shoulder strap...you know, for someone who is not tall...Woman Wink

Heston Satchel, Black

Heston Satchel, Cranberry

* 100% Genuine Leather
* Shiny Custom Hardware
* Measurements: 13.5 W" x 9 H" x 5 D"
* Strap Drop: 4.5" Short Strap & 14" Long Strap

But I still love the AK pebble leather Tokyo shopper in Blue Snake better than these two above! It's also slightly larger. I'm still carrying it and it is so comfortable. Woman Very Happy

I really like the black and magenta bags.  Are they Aimee K. bags too? You say they are light weight? That's key for me too.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I've been holding out for this PN Cuban Carved Toscano tote ever since it was first introduced, perhaps 3 months ago. It's only available in black at two sites, and the price hasn't yet been reduced. I stalk it daily, and finally found one on the Bay, new with tags, at a $70 savings when you factor in the tax saved, and with free shipping. I jumped on it.  Woman Very Happy

IMG_3905.JPG

To compensate, l returned both of my new summer bags: the Sakroots straw tote with floral denim trim, and the Steve Madden studded denim hobo with embroidered guitar strap. While both are cute and inexpensive, they're too perishable, and l know they would have been "done" after one season.

So two out, and one in... a net loss of one!  Woman LOL

@handygal2 I like the way you think. I know from reading on here you have loved that bag for quiet awhile. Nice savings makes us gals smile Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@stevieb

@stevieb wrote:

Very warm here today and yesterday, and I don't care what anybody says, I don't like it !!  Also, while not off the charts... yet... there is humidity in the air today... 

You sound like me. We've been in the 80's and high 70's with humidty. Today it's 59 and I love it. The only thing is all this rain we've been getting. There was a tornado the night before last about 70 miles from us.  We didn't get the high winds, but that rain if it wouldn't have let up it would have been up by our front door. It looked like a river out in the street the way the water was moving. It makes me wonder what kind of summer we are going to have.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'm happy to report that my husband is off all restrictions from his surgery. And of course now he's going camping this weekend with a friend from work and some boating is involved. I better check no waterskiing. 

@jaxs mom You know how men are, they never listen. I will hope he knows better than to waterski yet. Good Luck. It sounds like he's doing good. What are your plans for the weekend? Besides worry?   No, don't worry, it does no good-- I hope you have some fun plans.

@Leeny No waterskiing for them, but they are going to fish. He decidd to leave today, so he's already gone. His friend is meeting him tomorrow. And he called me and said he forgot the tent poles, so he's sleeping in the back of the truck. sigh

I think my plan is to enjoy some peace and quiet LOL. If he stops texting me constantly that is. LOL 

I just got home after having to deal with my kid having a flat on her way to work and I couldn't get the lug nuts off the wheel so we had to call roadside assistance anyway. The tire was completely shredded so then it was off to tire store to get it replaced because she gets off too late for them to be open. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 I can't say we haven't had some pretty weather here but it seems like it's either been more chilly than normal, rainy or now hot-hot-hot... I could even stand a few warmer than average days but do not want to see the humidity creeping in this early... Like @Leeny, I'm not encouraged for what kind of summer we might have and, I'm sorry, I know others enjoy it, but, summer seems to last forever around here and I'm just more of a moderate temperatures kind of dame...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...