Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... Anything Goes...

I'm happy to report that my husband is off all restrictions from his surgery. And of course now he's going camping this weekend with a friend from work and some boating is involved. I better check no waterskiing. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom  I suppose it's a good sign that he wants to go camping.  

You're going to be skittish for a while either way.  I guess you gotta let him have his fun :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom  I suppose it's a good sign that he wants to go camping.  

You're going to be skittish for a while either way.  I guess you gotta let him have his fun :-)

@Bird mama I told him he couldn't go by himself, like he did last time. I couldn't go then because I had to do car pool. I'm glad he is going with his friend from work. We already talked about it, this is like his final personal test that he's back to normal. He's already been doing all his other usual things for awhile so. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom  I'm not saying it doesn't happen with women, however I've seen it more with men, when they have a health scare and then are almost paralyzed about doing anything.

Your husband has the right attitude.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@gramygram... Haven't heard from you in a while. Hoping all is well with you.

Smiley Happy

@stevieb hi stevie! Smiley Happy I have had such a hard time trying to log on. I have been trying to keep up reading everyone's posts but I think I've fallen behind lol I'm hoping everyone is doing well 

@gramygram Good to SEE you! I've been thinking about you and wondering...good old Q technology, right?! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Ok this is so cute. I bought this leather flower that also comes with a keyring but the leather twisted loop also snaps closed on the back of the flower so you don't need the keyring part. It looks so pretty on my Oryany Cassandra bag. 

71HL+QDtX4L._SL1500_.jpg

IMG_1078.JPG

@jaxs mom Very pretty and perfect for spring and summer coming up!

Honored Contributor

So with the good news that I didn't have to spend big bucks on my teeth, I went handbag shopping, LOL 

There was a sale last week on the Aimee Kestenberg site so I chose two Heston Satchels...one in the slightly shiny black (inspired by @NycVixen's black backpack) and the other in cranberry, but it's more of a magenta. I like them both! I've been paring down my handbag collection over the past couple of years and getting rid of heavy leather bags. These look edgy retro and are lightweight. And the leather is very nice. The only thing I'm not wild about are small spaces on the ends of the top zipper, but I can push in the leather. I also love the short attached shoulder strap...you know, for someone who is not tall...Woman Wink

Heston Satchel, Black

Heston Satchel, Cranberry

* 100% Genuine Leather
* Shiny Custom Hardware
* Measurements: 13.5 W" x 9 H" x 5 D"
* Strap Drop: 4.5" Short Strap & 14" Long Strap

But I still love the AK pebble leather Tokyo shopper in Blue Snake better than these two above! It's also slightly larger. I'm still carrying it and it is so comfortable. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom  I'm not saying it doesn't happen with women, however I've seen it more with men, when they have a health scare and then are almost paralyzed about doing anything.

Your husband has the right attitude.

LOL ya well he's always been one to push limits it's harder to keep him reined in during healing. He even had the date circled on his calendar for when he was off restriction. @Bird mama

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom... Hoping DH has a good outing... And just think, you get some relative down time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom  so are they sharp on your daughter?  Does she like them alot?

Since it finally got warmer around here, I've been wearing some of my new summer shoes.

It got into the upper 80's today or as I call it, the first circle of hel*.  The house only reached 80 degrees (kept windows closed).  Felt just a wee bit stuffy so I kicked on the A/C.  

Yea, the annual summer nightmare is underway here too... Hot today and going up...  I don't know... @Bird mama... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...