Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... Anything Goes...

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb Well, at least you didn't write that you wished you had taken some Dramamine for all of the spinning around in the chair to check to see if the cut was even...

I kind of wish I'd just let it go @EdithEllenLily and I probably should have. My hair doesn't actually look bad, but you know, I had to come home and take up the scissors myself, even after the revolving chair routine. Either way, I guess it is what it is.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Mothers Day Weekend. Smiley Happy

Happy Monday.. It's back to the weekly grind!

E16493A9-1335-486A-9070-9A825B854AC6-1875-0000021AFFE45527.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Love this Tory Burch blue and white satchel.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@SisterGoldenHair  Re: birds chirping.  

Birds were born to sing or vocalize.  My eldest bird Poppi is quite the singer.  As a male bird, I think his voice is more melodic than this sister's was (RIP Peewee) and more melodic than my youngest female Presto.

Poppi tends to sing more at sun rise and during the morning.

I've watched the outside birds alot - males will sing when they are trying to woo a mate, however there is way more dancing going on than singing.  Frankly, the singing at that time sounds more like pleading (hahahaha).

Grayson, my pigeon doesn't sing.  He coos.  Some days he gets his 'coo' on and it's incessant to the point I tell him I need to park him by a wailing wall or something, hahaha.  I talk to my birds and Grayson tends to respond.  When I get home from work I will say, how was your day?  He will launch into a litany for nearly 10 minutes.  I'll look at him and say, are you kidding me?  That happened today?  And then he'll coo some more.

@Bird mama So True. My little lovebird sure can vocalize! She loves pop music more than anything and adores Katy Perry and Rihanna just like I do. We jam and she sings along. She sings most when she first wakes up in the morning as well but it really depends on the day. She's kind of moody so some days she's rather quiet.

I try to keep her engaged because a busy beak is a happy bird. She can spend hours just playing with the waistband strings from my pants. I love how she looks at me when I'm close. Birds are such beautiful creatures. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

I ordered that Hagit necklace on 5-8-2017.

I checked my order history from last year, and by 5-8-2016 I had ordered 10 items from the Q, one of which I returned (Scott Kay necklace I didn't think was worth the $$$).

So far this year for the same period, I've ordered 3 things.  Oryany Kaley (keeper), Joan Rivers 'Favorite Necklace (returned / defective) and the Hagit Necklace (status TBD).

@Bird mama So I followed suit and also did this exercise and I'm still in shock!! I can't admit to how many things I had ordered from QVC compared to this time last year but so far I've only bought 3 things as well. That is a big difference.

One was the Vitamix TSV in January and two were Oryany; a leaf pendant and matching cuff. 

So, it's official that I'm finally almost off the QVC train. I'm at the point I can post here without any interest most of the time to browse any offerings. I'm happy that I really think about what I buy.

As I posted in another thread, if I'm going to make someone else rich and myself poorer, I'd better really want or need that item. My utility is coming now from seeing less clutter in my apt and the money in my bank account. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily

Do you want to adopt me to be your sister? haha. That's a wonderful gift you gave your sister. Dooney Bag and wallet is a super gift!!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Love this Tory Burch blue and white satchel.

@stevieb Very pretty. I think you like bone better than I do (or is this a creamy white?). Bone bags are so elegant, but not so practical for me. I love the different kinds of perforation in this one. I wonder if it comes in other colors?

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@EdithEllenLily

Do you want to adopt me to be your sister? haha. That's a wonderful gift you gave your sister. Dooney Bag and wallet is a super gift!!

@Leeny You and my friend @Blingqueen023, too!! Heart

It will be interesting to see what kinds of bags you favor...silhouettes, leather, non-leather, straps, colors and so on. Woman Happy

I've learned so much here...and my interests and preferences have changed somewhat, too. Hearing what others like about handbags makes me want to check out other styles and fabrics to see what the buzz is all about. It's fun! Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

@NycVixen and @Bird mama

Do you let your bird babies fly around the house for exercise?

How do you manage that with them?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grnidkjun

I'll try to consolidate the story.  I live in a 2 story house.  The sparrows (Poppi and Presto) live upstairs.  Poppi has his own 30 inch flight cage - door propped open so he can eat, drink, bathe and groom his beak.  Presto has her own 30 inch flight cage - in my office, just how it turned out at the time - she pretty much just sleeps in hers although there is food and water in there.

There are two main rooms (one room across the hall from the other) that I more or less converted into aviaries - perches installed off the wall, etc.

Maybe since I've had them since babies, they associate their world in those 2 rooms (3 if you count Presto's room).  I have paper under all of their perching areas. 

Poppi has gotten turned around a couple of times in his 12 years and flown downstairs. Presto, in her 4 years maybe did it once.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise