Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... Anything Goes...

@jaxs mom wrote:

I have no idea what a boiler is but it sounds expensive. 

@jaxs mom: Indeed! It's like a furnace. The difference is, a boiler is used for hot water heating systems, whereas a furnace is for hot air systems.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Isn't a boiler akin to a hot water heater but instead of just heating water for the kitchen and bath, it heats hot water that circulates through whatever mechanism one has (often coils) and then a fan blows on the coils to circulate hot air for heat... I assume @handygal2 that you have hot water heat...

@stevieb: The boiler is connected to a water heater tank. I have a gas/hot water system with baseboard heat.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@steviebI didn't even notice the rip in the jeansWoman Surprised No, I don't like that either.

Super Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Grnidkjun wrote:

@skyblue

I just received the Solano.. The block heel sandals.

They are very pretty, good leather. Not as comfortable as the Sonora, which is the flat gladiator sandal, but it's a completely different for bed. 

The Sonora I took to French Quarter Fest in New Orleans and wore them for twelve hours straight without issue.

The new Solano, I wouldn't do that with. But I'm thinking they will be dressy and comfortable enough for dinner out, or an office environment where you're not on your feet constantly.

Hope that helps!

@EdithEllenLily

I'm curious to hear how your AK carries and wears.. I'm not real familiar with the line.

It looks really pretty though! Smiley Happy

I hope you really like the Emma, I agree, it is a pretty color. Easy to work with.

Thanks, @Grnidkjun! Ike them both!

Did you wear the Sonora with dresses, or just shorts and pants?

@skyblue.. I wore the new Solano tonight. Walking to restaurant, then walking a couple short blocks to the theatre. They were fine for dressing up and walking shorter distances without issue.

I know you are asking about the Sonora gladiator though. So far, I've worn them with jeans, slim leg pants and capris. I would also wear them with a skort or maxi dress.

Several reviewers complain about the buckles not being Velcro. I don't have an issue with it. On these, I think the actual buckle is more attractive. Once they are on, you should be done, unless you're going shoe shopping and will be in and out of them.. In that case, wear a different shoe that day if you don't like dealing with buckles. Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

I think this is a cute Brahmin.In fact, I love the whole ourfit.

@SisterGoldenHair.. I love this satchel too.. classic

Super Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

I think this is a cute Brahmin.In fact, I love the whole ourfit.

Very pretty bag @SisterGoldenHair, I'll take it... You can have the rest of the outit...

Woman Wink

On the other hand, the top looks sort of pretty too, but I've never been a fan of ripped jeans, especially on adults... and the shoes aren't for me either...

@stevieb.. I like the shoes, but not the toes hanging over the edge

Super Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Grnidkjun wrote:

The hobos have arrived! I really like them.. And yes, that's plural. I've been really bad.

I got the burgundy vivian from the Vera Bradley eBay sale. Wouldn't you know they put an extra 30% off on there today, the day it arrives. I called and because it's eBay, I have to reorder at the discounted price and send the first one back for refund. Which I'm going to do as it's a $36 price difference.

The burgundy is more of a dusty burgundy, I have a pair of Clarks it matches perfectly.

Because Vera had the 40% off sale prices the last two days on their website, I also snapped it up in cognac. I'm glad I did, it's very pretty.  Not small, but it's not huge either.

The leather is textured, a bit like a dooney but much softer/flexible and lighter weight. The lighter weight is important to me. I find I don't carry my dooney very often any more  but I'm not giving them up either. Smiley Wink

I also had a few other small items arrived, including a pill box as an accessory for my mom's stocking.. Only to find.. I'd already tucked one away for her in the same pattern! Oops.. Have to decide if it's worth the $8 purchase price to return the extra.

The black quilted  leather Amy back pack is to arrive tomorrow.

Ok, shoes.. Told you I'd been misbehaving.. I've ordered three styles to try. I've got planar fascitis fairly bad in one foot, so I've been looking for a higher heel to be able to wear again without crying.

Shoe #1= Clarks Reedly Waylin A290060

Cute, not as squishy in the heel as shown.

No arch support as suspected.

Straps too loose

I typically wear an 8 in Clarks.. Could do 7.5 in these, but the toe bar strap rubs in the larger size. Not comfortable for a small amount of walking to me. 

Already back in the box.

Shoe #2 = Vionic Solana A287718

Not a cushy heel but didn't expect them to be. They are firmer but supportive.

I've been wearing them around the house and am not crying yet.

I can wear the vionic sandals with no issue. I'm going to wear these around the house longer before deciding but so far so good!

Very cute, nice leather.  

Plus! I like the tan with the new cognac hobo.   Smiley Wink

Sizing.. I wear a 7 in the regular sandals/slippers. These, a 7.5 is perfect.

Shoe #3 = waiting on the Earth recent tsv. We shall see!

Finally, Found these blogger pics of the Vivian. It looks much better than the pics with them paper stuffed to the gills. 

BDE909DC-7E48-455B-B97C-92E3CC103E9A-5587-000006B7B31A69A0.jpeg

30EA1002-8762-4908-BCA6-4B9EE6598C9C-5587-000006B7A4DAC64B.jpeg

The little girl carrying it is tiny.

@Grnidkjun You are a wild woman! Woman Very Happy We like wild women...Woman Wink

Congratulations on your VB leather Vivian hobos! I looked them up and they are nice! It's odd, but I've been avoiding looking at VB since their patterns have changed so much. Then recently I received the quilted leather Emma satchel in nude and I'm thinking, what have I been missing? I like your hobos and I'm glad you can get the Claret at the lower price. It's too bad they just won't refund you with the difference. I'm glad the leather is a lighter weight! I like the size of this hobo. If you don't mind, when you carry one, come back and tell us how it carries...especially with the shoulder strap...that would be very helpful and thanks in advance.

I thought those Vionic Solana shoes were very nice looking! I hope they turn out to be winners. Only keep them if they are comfortable for you. Otherwise they will just sit around! Sorry the Clarks didn't work out. It's hard to buy shoes online, I think. I need to stick with DSW and mostly try shoes on in person. Report back about the Earth TSV shoes when they arrive! I think @Boehm Collector bought those, too. Hoping she writes back about them as well! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily..

Carried the Vivian tonight. Very comfortable. The shoulder strap is matching leather, and the way it is stitched, it has some nice light padding.

I didn't attach the cross body strap, but for an add on extra step it is very well made. Nice thickness and soft as well.  I'm glad I took the chance and purchased this bag.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grnidkjun .. have you received your Earth TSV shoes yet?  Let me know how you like them once they arrive.  

Super Contributor

@Boehm Collector

Not yet, they did just ship so should be here sometime next week.

Will definitely let you know.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Isn't a boiler akin to a hot water heater but instead of just heating water for the kitchen and bath, it heats hot water that circulates through whatever mechanism one has (often coils) and then a fan blows on the coils to circulate hot air for heat... I assume @handygal2 that you have hot water heat...

@stevieb: The boiler is connected to a water heater tank. I have a gas/hot water system with baseboard heat.

So I guess @handygal2 with baseboard heat there would be no need for coils or a circulating fan, the heated water just flows via pipes to the baseboard 'radiators'... Hot water heat has many advantages and is very clean and probably economical... Good luck with the boiler... Do you cool your place with a chiller or do you have some other system for air conditioning? 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...