Respected Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... Anything Goes...

@Grnidkjun wrote:

@skyblue

I just received the Solano.. The block heel sandals.

They are very pretty, good leather. Not as comfortable as the Sonora, which is the flat gladiator sandal, but it's a completely different for bed. 

The Sonora I took to French Quarter Fest in New Orleans and wore them for twelve hours straight without issue.

The new Solano, I wouldn't do that with. But I'm thinking they will be dressy and comfortable enough for dinner out, or an office environment where you're not on your feet constantly.

Hope that helps!

@EdithEllenLily

I'm curious to hear how your AK carries and wears.. I'm not real familiar with the line.

It looks really pretty though! Smiley Happy

I hope you really like the Emma, I agree, it is a pretty color. Easy to work with.

Thanks, @Grnidkjun! Ike them both!

Did you wear the Sonora with dresses, or just shorts and pants?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2... Just goes to show, it's best to wait and try to nix the impulse buys... I still ike that mustard bag, but not enough to buy it... I do appreciate the information, though...

I bought it...too good to pass up !! Everyone needs a piece of sunshine in their life.  

732-402- Pietro NYC "Rosa" Painted Suede Leather Hobo Handbag w/ Removable Strap

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2... Enjoy...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Before I settle the birds for bed, here's the latest health and general excitement in my life Woman Wink

Yesterday, mid afternoon I noticed I was having a hard time seeing out of my right eye, it was blurry. In my family, I've worn an eye patch more than anyone.  Foreign objects in the eye, corneal scratchs courtesy of my dog, you name it.  I noticed a murky discharge and immediately began irrigating the eye.  It is not painful or itchy like pink eye, I don't have a stye.  I think it's all related to the virus I had/have.  

I've been meaning to find a new opthalmologist - last time I saw my former eye doctor was 2009 - spare me any lectures.  I used to go every year for an exam and he asked me why I came every year.  I said, duh, to check on the health of my eyes.

Anyways, not crazy about optometrists because if there is something wrong with the eye requiring surgery you're gonna get referred to an opthalmologist anyways, so cut out the middle man.

Back to my story - I still feel generally lousy however I've been fever free (without the help of a fever reducer) and don't think I'm contagious. Also, wanting to keep the peace at work since it's not like I saw a doctor, I got up this morning with the thought of going into work.  I figured, if the eye flared up, there is a Henry Ford OptimEyes in the complex where I work and I could always throw myself on the optometrist's mercy for an opinion.

I get up this morning around 6:15 am.  I'm doing the couch (more comfortable sleeping place at this time) so as I walk through the kitchen, I tell myself, okay one-eye let's see how bad it is this morning as I walk into the 1/2 bath.  I notice water on the floor under the toilet tank.

I say, what tha and proceed to feel under the tank where the water input line goes into the tank.  That's when the coupling breaks and the small hose shoots stone cold water right at me and the walls and starts flooding the bathroom.  I managed to stop the water at the shut off valved under the toilet tank.

I'm wet (and really awake at this time) and I go creeping down the basement stairs to get an empty bucket and the mop.  As I hit each stair I say to myself, what's next - boils?, locusts?

When I was in the basement I heard dripping in the shower room that I never use in the basement.  I opened the door and saw water coming through the dropped ceiling (1/2 bath is right above it).  I sighed and said, yup, that's about right.

I chuckled my way through mopping up all the messes, called into work for the day and basically worked from home except for the hour it took me to go to Home Depot and buy all new 'inside parts' for the toilet tank and a new water inlet hose thingie.  I've done this before so it was easy peasy.

That's how my day went - off to put my kids to bed Woman LOL

Oh boy! @Bird mama How are things today? How's your eye? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The other Pietro on Evine that I thought was sharp was the pink snakeskin.  I am not much of a pink gal, but this has flair and is 25% off.  Nice to see a light interior and not the proverbial "black hole".

732-403- Pietro NYC "Carissa" Snake Embossed Leather Drawstring Shopper Tote Bag

732-403- Pietro NYC "Carissa" Snake Embossed Leather Drawstring Shopper Tote Bag

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily  I like your new Aimee Kestenberg bag, but I am especially happy for you that you love this bag and it came to you exactly the way you wanted it to. Enjoy ~~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All right... so for those not too uppity... to carry a Target bag, I was there today to pick up a few things and was surprised they'd expanded their bag space again. Obviously, these are not fine bags, but they had some really cute ones, including satchels in very pretty summer floral prints. I don't even usually like pink bags and was tempted by a colorful larger satchel. They also had a pretty navy blue floral. I didn't leave with one, but there was lots to choose from in many shapes, colors and sizes, most of them under forty bucks.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Boehm CollectorThanks for the update on your shoes. It is always wonderful when purchases work out. I do love that suede sandal and have looked at it several times.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama et al: l was busy mopping up water yesterday too. The trusty $10 water alarm from Home Depot saved the day again. At 5:30 am it began screeching, and woke me up. Sure enough, there was a leak in the boiler room. My old boiler had finally died. Ugh 😑. After 3 hours of mopping to prevent damage to the adjacent wood floor and carpeting, the service contract man arrived. He drained the unit and broke the obvious news that l need a new boiler. Ugh again 😑.

Time to shell out big $$$$$ for a new boiler. At least l was home when it happened, to prevent major water damage. And it's not the middle of the winter, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Bird mama et al: l was busy mopping up water yesterday too. The trusty $10 water alarm from Home Depot saved the day again. At 5:30 am it began screeching, and woke me up. Sure enough, there was a leak in the boiler room. My old boiler had finally died. Ugh 😑. After 3 hours of mopping to prevent damage to the adjacent wood floor and carpeting, the service contract man arrived. He drained the unit and broke the obvious news that l need a new boiler. Ugh again 😑.

Time to shell out big $$$$$ for a new boiler. At least l was home when it happened, to prevent major water damage. And it's not the middle of the winter, lol.

@handygal2Woman Sad I'm not sure how a boiler works, is it for your heat?