@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Has anyone been a jewelry ho lately? I have!!  Woman Embarassed

Today l ordered both of these items from the RS catalog:

Sterling silver and white topaz mismatched earrings

IMG_3820.JPG

Sterling silver love knot ring

IMG_3821.JPG

@handygal2 I like both of your new jewelry items!! Very pretty!! Woman Very Happy

@handygal2 I've owned that love knot ring since I was a kid!😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Bag Dames... Anything Goes...

@EdithEllenLily  have you taken out your new clarks fisherman sandals with the heels yet?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm working from home.  I headed downtown, picked up my laptop and came home.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I'm working from home.  I headed downtown, picked up my laptop and came home.

I haven't read back far enough....How are you feeling today 🤒? @Bird mama

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Thinking back about trips to TJ Maxx, I remember one year around Christmas when their stock is at its best, I went to a store that's a little further out but that almost always has great merchandise... The only time in my life when, if memory serves, I actually needed an extra cart... Oh my gosh, that trip, they had great bags and clothes and stuff for the home... I can't even remember what all I bought, but do know I was 'discovering' my purchases for a long, long time after the actual trip... Those were the days... I haven't been out to that store in a long time because it's now quite a bit further away than at the time, but still not too far... These days, though, I tend to stick to the stores closest by and still usually manage to see something I like...

"An additional cart"😳😳😳 @stevieb Now that's a shopping trip!🤣

Honored Contributor

@skyblue  Not quite there yet :-)

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

So, I sold two handbags and a wallet (a gift, new with tags) for a grand total of $225. Smiley Happy But it was via word of mouth and unlikely to happen again. Should this make me happier to just donate all the rest of my bags? 

That's an individual choice @Serendipity and while I could easily donate my inexpensive bags, I just can't give away bags I paid hundreds of dollars for... Maybe the day will come when I'll just want them gone more than I want payment for them, but right now, I couldn't do it... Like so much of the jewelry, I just wish I'd had better judgment than to buy them all.

@Serendipity@steviebThat is why I have decided to keep the bags I have and not buy anymore. But of course, I do have more bags than most women. I can't replace them for what I have paid. I have gotten rid of a lot of bags over the years, garage sales and consignment shops.

Some of my bags, I will pass down to our granddaughter.

Trusted Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

So, I sold two handbags and a wallet (a gift, new with tags) for a grand total of $225. Smiley Happy But it was via word of mouth and unlikely to happen again. Should this make me happier to just donate all the rest of my bags? 

@Serendipity: If your bags are new or almost-new, l recommend a consignment store. That's worked well for me for the past few years.

And l feel your pain re: losing a white gold hoop earring. I lost one at a large mall last fall. I retraced my steps (which wasn't easy, as l had made a lot of stops, lol), but it was GONE. I brought in the remaining one, along with other gold jewelry l no longer wear, to a gold-buying store. They pay you by weight, and l got back about $350.

@handygal2@SerendipityI have also lost one of my favorite white gold oval hoopsWoman Sad

Honored Contributor

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Serendipity: If your bags are new or almost-new, l recommend a consignment store. That's worked well for me for the past few years.

And l feel your pain re: losing a white gold hoop earring. I lost one at a large mall last fall. I retraced my steps (which wasn't easy, as l had made a lot of stops, lol), but it was GONE. I brought in the remaining one, along with other gold jewelry l no longer wear, to a gold-buying store. They pay you by weight, and l got back about $350.

@handygal2@SerendipityI have also lost one of my favorite white gold oval hoopsWoman Sad

@SisterGoldenHair@Serendipity: Wow! What is it about white gold hoops?! They want to escape!  Woman Surprised  Woman Sad

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily Where's EEL?

@Serendipity @SisterGoldenHair Hello! Woman Very Happy

Well, it was one of the busiest weekends in a long time. Last night we were out to dinner with Mr. L's cousin and his wife, trying a delicious restaurant that was new to us. On Saturday there was a big event for my nephew and I brought my Mom and she did wonderfully. My nephew was a star once again and I was weepy. He acted, danced and perfectly sang a solo in a school musical based on a Broadway play. The end had the cast dressed up and dancing...there he was in a black tux doing synchronized ballroom dance with a beautiful girl in a ballgown wearing long, white gloves. I just kept thinking about our little buddy who gave me his first smile. Woman Happy Heart

@EdithEllenLilyWhat special momentsHeart