Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure what is going on with Dooney's logo lock pricing.  The yellow has been on clearance for months, today I noticed it is back with the full price bag.  This color was on clearance, because it was a discontinues color.   Check with CS before you place any order for the logo lock.  They seem to have been having issues with this for awhile.

Regular Contributor

I've always thought QVC had the best prices for most items, other than tech stuff (computers, tablets, etc).  I'd planned on getting a Dooney zip zip, probably pebble leather from the Q for a new winter purse and was just waiting for a good E-Z pay.  Well, fortunately for me, I actually looked at one of the zillion emails I get from Macy's and found that same purse much cheaper than a Q price, even with shipping and NYC tax!  Even though this was earlier than I planned on purchasing it, I couldn't pass up the deal and bought it.  Yeah, no E-Z pay, but I don't care; I saved $50.  

Not dissing the Q; the clothing is better quality than I can afford to buy on a regular basis, but I will check name-brand stuff in the future. 

Honored Contributor

@Maloyo

I scored with the last Macy's sale (w free shipping) I bought 2 crossover bags -- 1 in leather & 1 D&B signature.

bought both for $188 (w/o tax) love them!

Honored Contributor

Comparison shopping is your friend. In today's market place, QVC almost never offers the best prices for handbags or for lots and lots of other consumer items. Added to that, their shipping is no bargain and their return policy is nothing to crow about, though they certainly seem to do so regularly.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  I just read on another forum that Macey's isn't going to be carrying D&B.  You might want to stalk up!

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe

Thank you (I posted about that today).

Honestly, I won't buy another bag EXCEPT my Louis Vuttion and accessories which I was gifted by a dear friend in his will ($$$) -- 

as a matter of fact, I spent several hours in LV and am going to wait til I'm absolutely sure which bag I want.

thanks though!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1   Glad you posted it.  I had no idea Macey's sold them.   I see the yellow in the logo lock is gone , so maybe someone from CS corrected it. 

I was thinking about getting off this forum---too many trouble makers--but then how would I find out about stuff llike this? LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: BUYERS BEWARE

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

@homedecor1   Glad you posted it.  I had no idea Macey's sold them.   I see the yellow in the logo lock is gone , so maybe someone from CS corrected it. 

I was thinking about getting off this forum---too many trouble makers--but then how would I find out about stuff llike this? LOL

@BalletBabe

Yes, I love the info I find here!

Everyone has an opinion, and honestly I'm sorry you feel this way about the boards.

Personally, I can look at a post and see a few replies and see where it's going! 

Not all posters are rude in fact, I find I learn a lot as many are great "deal" shoppers,where to find sales (websites),  great ideas, knowledgeable in lots of areas that I enjoy. 

All in all, I have to add our family has been thru a very sad tragedy this month & the caring posts, prayers, and shared stories have helped me thru the saddest of days these past few weeks. 

Stick around youll see there is a lot of positive & caring people on these boards! 

Have a good weekend! Happy shopping!

PS: I love your screen name -- we are a ballet family my niece danced with PA Ballet for many years!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  Oh my goodness.  I also studied in Pittsburgh.  I started at a small studio very close to where Abby Lee Mother was.  Small world!  I danced most of my life, and in later years got nto teaching.  Had a studio in Lancaster,Pa.   Then I moved to Florida and got away from it.

I have met a lot of very nice people on the boards.   I guess llike you said you learn which ones to just pass by.  I lost my husband in March , so I am not interested in the drama. 

Thanks again for the informaton.  I will pray for your family and the grief you are going through!  Life is hard.  Friends and caring people can get us through a lot! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maloyo

NO - QVC doesn't have the best prices - usually top dollar plus shipping. Have u checked out ILoveDooney.com --- they have the BEST PRICES!!! Also, when shopping at Macy's or many other stores, go to Retailmenot.com - and type in the company name to get a code number for a discount. I've used it several times.