Honored Contributor

Although I don't remember the name of the style, I had that bag in mushroom.  Unfortunately the lining ripped in multiple locations and could not be repaired.

You got a good deal; just be careful with color transfer and lining issues.

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

Thanks everyone for your postsWoman Very Happy  Sounds like there may be several problems with his bags. I will test the bag for color rub-off. That would be a bad situation on nice clothes. Thanks againWoman Very Happy

@VenturaHighway  It was not the bag color rubbing off on clothing, but rather dark denim color rubbing off on his bags and being unable to get the dye off the bag because, obviously, the bag had not been coated (protected) from absorbing dyes.

@NonametodayThanksWoman Very Happy

@VenturaHighway@Nonametoday, I have a distinct memory of checking out his bags at Macys when they carried them. The bags had a tag on them warning that there may be color transfer from the bags to lighter colors. I also remember many complaints about this.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM AND HIS WIFE. HE AND DOONEY BAGS USED TO RULE THE Q. HIS WIFE DID WELL ALSO.

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway, I have bought two of his bags years ago. The first one was more than I should have spent but it was made very well. However, I gave it to my daughter because it was so heavy. When I did carry it I would get many compliments. I still have the other bag which I bought a few years ago on the Lunchtime Specials. Very nice bag and not heavy. It is more of a Summer bag so I have retired it until next year. I love the color of your bag. You did get a wonderful deal too! Enjoy it. 

Respected Contributor

Nice bag! 

I had one B. Makowsky bag I got when it was a TSV and I don't think I've ever gotten so many compliments on a bag in my life. It was lovely and the leather was so soft and felt fantastic. But the bag was the bane of my existence because they cheaped out on the lining and didn't sew it down all the way. The lining would come up whenever I pulled something out of the bag and the loose lining would get stuck in the zippers and jam them up. I had to be so careful all the time. 

One evening, my wallet got stuck inside while the zipper jammed and I had to spend over 5 minutes trying to get it out to pay for my dinner. I threw the bag in the trash as soon as I got home because I was over it and didn't want any other poor soul to have that problem, either.

Such a shame.

Check any pockets with zippers and make sure your lining isn't loose enough to jam them. If it is, find a pocket without zippers for your important items.

Trusted Contributor

I have this exact bag! Same color brandy and everything! I've had it for years and it looks exactly the same as it did when I bought it from the q. It's the first time I spent so much on a bag. Can't remember the price, but it was not $8. Smiley Happy Good for you!!

Esteemed Contributor

Never bought into the hype ... didn't care for his slick-oil salesman tactics, or the Q's participation in over-saturating the market with his stuff.

Occasional Contributor

Don't know the style/name of this baag, but I have 2 of his bags that I bought thru QVC and was very pleased. The leather is so soft.  Mine has been very durable and still looks great after 2-3 yrs.

Respected Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@VenturaHighway   That looks kind of like the "Lisbon".    Check it out...   https://www.qvc.com/B-Makowsky-Glove-Leather-Double-Handle-Pocket-Shopper.product.A85992.html??TZ=CS...

@SarahWYes, that is the style.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like there were lots of problems with some of his bags. And then others have been happy. I'm most worried about the color transfer since it is a dark color.

I really appreciate all your posts. I guess if it is a bummer, I will resell it. ThanksWoman Very Happy