Esteemed Contributor

For $8 you got a good bargain! If it holds up well, then good deal. If it doesn't, or you end up not liking it then you have little invested! Can't beat that!

Regular Contributor

Ahhh, this brings back memories of the days when he and his wife dominated the QVC handbag shows. One of them was on at least weekly (or so it seemed). When they sold their business for kazillions, their handbags went away. I bought one of his long ago at a TJMaxx store but I  didn't hold on to it for long because it was so heavy. Every now and again I see a woman out carrying either a B Mak or Kathy VZ bag and I am reminded of how powerful they once were in the handbag world. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@VenturaHighway  I don't know the style name of the bag.  I did buy one of his bags years ago however the leather was so supple, it drove me nuts (no structure).  I gave the bag to my sister.

@VenturaHighway  @Bird mama

That's what always annoyed me abut Bruce's presentations.  Why in heck did he think that bags pudding down was a good thing?    Who wants to hold the bag up and open so you could find what you're looking for?

Frequent Contributor

I just found one in silver metallic at Goodwill for $5.75.  I decided to consign it instead of keeping it.  Was never a huge fan of his bags or the bags his wife sold.  

Respected Contributor

@123 Jewelry wrote:

I just found one in silver metallic at Goodwill for $5.75.  I decided to consign it instead of keeping it.  Was never a huge fan of his bags or the bags his wife sold.  

@123 JewelryIt is amazing what you can find at thrift stores. I see lots of KVZ bags for $4 or $5. I remember my sister-in-law paying over $100.00 for some of her KVZ bags.

Respected Contributor

I had this exact bag from QVC in purple when it was a TSV.  I debated about it but loved the color and supple leather, so kept it but regretted it later.  The the no structure issue drove me crazy, ridiculously difficult to find anything in it as it collapsed all over the place.

The dye from the bag rubbed off on my clothing, ruined an off-white wool coat so I donated it asap.  It was pretty, but not worth the issues.  

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway. I hope you enjoy your treasured find! I have always thought that his bags were really nice, although I never purchased one. I never did care for his wife's bags, too much bling going on. I do remember how they were on QVC every week, or so it seemed. I think someone said they are into Real Estate now! 

Respected Contributor

$8 for a nice leather bag is a good deal.  

I still have a gold metallic cross body bag that I use when I need a small crossbody.  Some of the metallic has rubbed off, but it still looks fine and it is one of my favorite cross bodies.  

I did have another bag from him that I donated in one of my purges.  It was in great shape when I donated it.

I still have several pair of his shoes that I wear and love.  They have held up through a lot of abuse and look like brand new.  I really do miss his shoes.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEENI never bought a KVZ bag. I'm like you, too much going on  and too much for a non-leather bag. My sister-in-law did give me two bags for birthdays. I have kept them because they were a gift.

Esteemed Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

I have this exact bag! Same color brandy and everything! I've had it for years and it looks exactly the same as it did when I bought it from the q. It's the first time I spent so much on a bag. Can't remember the price, but it was not $8. Smiley Happy Good for you!!

Me too!! I have this bag in this color and it still looks great.  No problems with color transfer or with the lining.  The leather is so soft.  I think that I may have had another (or more) BM bag, but this is the only one I've held onto.  I have had a serious color transfer issue with a Patricia Nash bag, where the black rubbed off onto the shoulder and side front of my light colored blouses.  So it happens with many brands.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett