Respected Contributor

Hi. I've been gone much of the summer and have not been in the loop on QVC boards at all until this week. It seems to me that last spring QVC said it would be having an August Dooney and Bourke TSV. I don't see anything about it on this forum, but does anyone know?  I was not tempted by the last couple of Dooney Tsvs, is but I always look. Thanks for any information you have. I don't see anything on the blue skies site yet. 

Respected Contributor

I do remember Sue Clifton saying that there would be an August TSV for the Fall.  I imagine it will be featured in the August Insider Q magazine.

Respected Contributor

I am not hopeful that it is something I will want.  The big heavy bags seem to be what they think we go for.  But not for me.

Respected Contributor

Re: August Dooney tsv?

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie

Hi. I have not reached the age at which bag weight is an issue. My mother is 91, and she carries a weighty Dooney Florentine satchel. I like quality Florentine leather, but the last Dooney tsv was cheaper, thinner, embossed leather, which I avoid. It's always fun to see what the Dooney tsv is, though. If you can't carry leather, I suppose you're stuck with fabric bags? 

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Shawnie

Hi. I have not reached the age at which bag weight is an issue. My mother is 91, and she carries a weighty Dooney Florentine satchel. I like quality Florentine leather, but the last Dooney tsv was cheaper, thinner, embossed leather, which I avoid. It's always fun to see what the Dooney tsv is, though. If you can't carry leather, I suppose you're stuck with fabric bags? 

A heavy bag can throw off your center of gravity and if it is a shoulder bag it can effect your shoulder and your back negatively. I have done my time with heavy bags.  Now i look for lighter alternatives, smaller bags.  I dont need to carry the kitchen sink anymore and what i do carry doesnt need to be in a heavy bag.  Nylon, coated cotton, smaller leathers and fabrics are alternatives.