Respected Contributor

Re: August Dooney & Bourke special value

Shawnie, I bought those Florentines about 4 or 5 years ago from QVC.  I think they were called the Florentine medium satchel.  I don't think that bag is available on QVC anymore.  I think I paid $368 or around that figure for the bags at the time.

Contributor

LOOK'S LIKE A DESIGN FROM THE PAST '' BUT IT CAME IN SIGNATURE D'B'S LITTLE SMALLER  WITH SAME LEATHER STRAP'S AND THE PULL TIE'S  I HAVE TWO OF THEM SO' GUESS THEY ARE JUST UP DATING THE VERSION IN DIFFERENT MATERIAL !!

Spoiler

Contributor

WAIT TILL THEY ARE ON SALE OR AS 'IS  WHEN EVERY BODY TAKE'S A BITE AT REEL'S IT IN AND TROW'S IT BACK Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I blame qvc buyers for pushing Dooney to come up with this obviously cheaper design to hit a low $230 price point for a tsv. It looks cheap and  plain and hurts Dooney's brand. My first Dooney in 1980-81 cost $240 and was superb; a $230 Dooney today means that many corners were cut. I spent more than $500 for my last Dooney Florentine Toscana satchel (from Dooney direct) last fall, and I love it. Too bad qvc won't offer that kind of quality in a tsv. I will pay for the good stuff.

I give up I'm throwing in the towel.

I hate to say it, but me, too. I wait to see the tsv, only to be disappointed lately. I bought five of the tsv .Brenna bags and use them all the time. I always hope for something fresh and of that quality. Oh well....

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Blingqueen023

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I blame qvc buyers for pushing Dooney to come up with this obviously cheaper design to hit a low $230 price point for a tsv. It looks cheap and  plain and hurts Dooney's brand. My first Dooney in 1980-81 cost $240 and was superb; a $230 Dooney today means that many corners were cut. I spent more than $500 for my last Dooney Florentine Toscana satchel (from Dooney direct) last fall, and I love it. Too bad qvc won't offer that kind of quality in a tsv. I will pay for the good stuff.

I hate to say it, but me, too. I wait to see the tsv, only to be disappointed lately. I bought five of the tsv .Brenna bags and use them all the time. I always hope for something fresh and of that quality. Oh well....

@libbyannE @Blingqueen023 There's a new florentine brenna. Smiley Happy

A293715 Dooney & Bourke Florentine Brenna Satchel Handbag

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity
@Serendipity wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Blingqueen023

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Thanks to your tip,  I just ordered it in red,  which looks like a rich maroon-ish color. I'll see when I get it. I have Florentine Barlow bags which I adore. And I have one of those in red but it's a bright red. This looks more like what I think of as the "Aigner red" from the 1970s.  I love my Barlow's and my Brennas. The Brenna is best for me because of the shorter handle plus the shoulder strap. The longer Barlow strap is a little awkward and the bag is a little bigger so the Brenna  is a better size for me. I'm really excited to get this. Did you order one? 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Serendipity
@Serendipity wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Blingqueen023

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Thanks to your tip,  I just ordered it in red,  which looks like a rich maroon-ish color. I'll see when I get it. I have Florentine Barlow bags which I adore. And I have one of those in red but it's a bright red. This looks more like what I think of as the "Aigner red" from the 1970s.  I love my Barlow's and my Brennas. The Brenna is best for me because of the shorter handle plus the shoulder strap. The longer Barlow strap is a little awkward and the bag is a little bigger so the Brenna  is a better size for me. I'm really excited to get this. Did you order one? 

@libbyannE That looks like a great red. Please report when you get it. I saw a red large barlow in store once and it was a deep brick red color, but the ones on the Q look bright red. I don't have a brenna, but have a navy barlow. I agree the straps could be slightly longer and the bag is heavy. I like this one in black, natural and red. Thinking about it ... Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity

@Serendipity wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Serendipity
@Serendipity wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Blingqueen023

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@libbyannE That looks like a great red. Please report when you get it. I saw a red large barlow in store once and it was a deep brick red color, but the ones on the Q look bright red. I don't have a brenna, but have a navy barlow. I agree the straps could be slightly longer and the bag is heavy. I like this one in black, natural and red. Thinking about it ... Smiley Happy

I like all the colors. I'll take a picture of it when it arrives. I'm not sure how to put it on this site but I think I can do it. I have the red  Barlow which is a bright brick red and the red Brenna, which is more of a true red. This looks a little different. We'll see. I think I'll love it no matter what.  I am partial to the Florentine bags so I was thrilled to get your tip that they had a new Florentine Brenna. ( I looked to be sure it wasn't on the Dooney site because I always order from Dooney when I can do the free shipping and no sales tax!)

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Blingqueen023

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I have this bag in hunter green.  I love it, but I just can't get myself to stop carrying the Tuscana Satchel in expresso.  It's my best dooney every!!!  Thanks for posting.  The Brenna is still a good looking handbag and always will be.

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I love the look of it and love the smooth leather.  I could easily buy one (design wise) but won't because I splurged on one of the Tuscana's with the leather lining in May.... won't consider another bag until that's paid for.  and I have to tell you that bag I bought is exquisite and smells SO good!   

@Q4u

I LOVE my Toscana Florentine bags, too. Love the quality, and look.  I remember seeing them are year ago on Dooney site and ordering mine then, even though they weren't even in stock at doing to yet. I got it in September and ended up buying three more after that. I'm not sorry. The satchel at about 550 is a real value, in my opinion. Just compare it to other bags on the market.