Respected Contributor

August Dooney & Bourke special value

Just saw the Dooney August tsv previewed on the blue skies site. My budget will be happy because, to me, it's a total snooze -- a basic shoulder bag that doesn't tempt me at all. If it works for you, great. It's classic but borrrrrrrrring to me. Oh well....

Respected Contributor

Re: August Dooney & Bourke special value

[ Edited ]

I see what you mean.  It does fit my lighter requirement but it is pretty ordinary.  I wish they would ditch their whole everybody needs a key fob and the dog leash in each and every bag and start putting that effort into an outside pocket on each and every bag along with shoulder straps that can be adjusted by anybody.  I have been eyeing a bag or two on the dooney site--the coated cottons in the African prints, maybe the zebra, maybe in the brielle style. 

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

I see what you mean.  It does fit my lighter requirement but it is pretty ordinary.  I wish they would ditch their whole everybody needs a key fob and the dog leash in each and every bag and start putting that effort into an outside pocket on each and every bag along with shoulder straps that can be adjusted by anybody.  I have been eyeing a bag or two on the dooney site--the coated cottons in the African prints, maybe the zebra, maybe in the brielle style. 

maybe not everyone wants that.  It's not a dealbreaker for me, and sometimes spoils the design 

my thoughts 

Honored Contributor

I hate those fold over zip entry bags. It always takes two hands to unzip them. Easy pass. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I hate those fold over zip entry bags. It always takes two hands to unzip them. Easy pass. 

I agree... That design feature is a non-starter. I'm not buying Dooney, but were I, it's not a bad looking bag and the price isn't horrendous. It's also nice to see some decent color choices, but no, like every other TSV in recent memory, this one doesn't interest me. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

What is blue skies site and how do I see it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's the bag. It comes in black, palomino (gold), mulberry, taupe, midnight blue and olive... Pictured in taupe and in palomino.

tsdbbag2.png

tsdbbag.png

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I blame qvc buyers for pushing Dooney to come up with this obviously cheaper design to hit a low $230 price point for a tsv. It looks cheap and  plain and hurts Dooney's brand. My first Dooney in 1980-81 cost $240 and was superb; a $230 Dooney today means that many corners were cut. I spent more than $500 for my last Dooney Florentine Toscana satchel (from Dooney direct) last fall, and I love it. Too bad qvc won't offer that kind of quality in a tsv. I will pay for the good stuff.

Regular Contributor

I just bought a VERY similar Dooney about 2 months ago on the I Love Dooney site.  I got it in Navy and paid $130 for it.  Of course it didn't come with any accessories but I rarely use them anyway.

Respected Contributor

I already have this bag and was bought years ago.  Wonder why they're having this old repeated handbag as a tsv.