Honored Contributor

Re: Are You A Bag Charm Fan?

I like some of them.  On the bag that I'm currently using I have a leather initial added.  I guess I just like a little bit of extra bling. 

Too much can weigh a bag down though and just look too busy and cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  That was Kathy Van Zealand!  I had a few of her bags and really liked them.  Once especially was black leather with a pretty crystal heart hanging from it.  I don't have charms on my bags for the most part, but I got so many compliments on that one!  To each his own though, but IMO I wouldn't be caught dead carrying one of those silly looking monkeys on the Kipling bags!  LOL  

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal, aww, I love my Kipling monkey charm!! It's so funny how everyone's taste is different!! I also had a couple of bags of KVZ and enjoyed them at the time! 😀
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  That was Kathy Van Zealand!  I had a few of her bags and really liked them.  Once especially was black leather with a pretty crystal heart hanging from it.  I don't have charms on my bags for the most part, but I got so many compliments on that one!  To each his own though, but IMO I wouldn't be caught dead carrying one of those silly looking monkeys on the Kipling bags!  LOL  

@LindaSal 

Thanks!  I couldn't think of that!  I had 3-4 of her bags and thought they were awesome!  Those charms were clanging and banging!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Yes, I love bag charms and have a number of them. I think they are fun.

Regular Contributor

I love your Coach bag with the charm. I am a big fan of charms on bags. What a beautiful bag!

Trusted Contributor

I have the MK charm in the gold color and also the silver color that I can use on my Michale Kors handbags.  It is just the initials MK in a circle and it causes not one bit of trouble for me. Never gets in the way or makes a noise.

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee I agree, I think they are fun as well!

Most of the handbags I gravitate towards either have a fun print or something unusual about them. Conservative and classic/traditional bags are not appealing to me, although I can certainly appreciate the quality and craftmanship. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

Not my thing.   I don't add bag charms and remove all hanging logos, luggage tags, etc that come with a handbag.  Even those on better  bags.

Several reasons.... I love leather handbags,  but don't want the added weight of extra chains/charms.  Also I find the charms annoying and always in my way.  And while some of the bag charms are very nice looking and add interest to some handbags,  I prefer a more streamlined look.  And 'advertising' who made my handbag isn't important to me.  (Sorry Dooney, Coach, MK, Brahmin, etc.   I love your leather handbags,  but have no interest in the hanging tags.  Embossing on the metal hardware, very subtle, is a nice touch).

Each to their own.   Wear what makes you happy.  I think it's great that we all get to have fun with our handbags...

and style them in ways that please us.

But I will admit to enjoying coordinating my accessories inside my handbag.... wallet, card case, cosmetic case, etc.  This is a recent thing for me.... I used to be very happy with one color wallet for years.... now.... I need a wardrobe of accessories.   Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I wasn't really a charm fan but after reading this thread I ordered a hummingbird bag charm from Amazon. I love hummingbirds and dragonflies (my current Lug crossbody has dragonflies on it). These threads are really great for getting suggestions and opinions!!! 😀👜