Honored Contributor

I had a beautiful Dooney satchel that was heavy and when I put things in it, it was really heavy.  I gave it away.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Thay are on the heavier side, but the quality is amazing, so I don’t mind. Will wear forever and get even better with age. 

Regular Contributor

Yep, heavy as heck, LOL.  My first Dooney was a tote (not from the Q) and I stopped carrying it because it I felt like I was carrying luggage around all day.  I live in NYC and I don't have a car. Back in the day before I moved here when I did have a car the weight wouldn't have bothered me so much, but it is a burden now.  

I tried the nylon Dooney crossbody; light enough but way too small.  Last winter I bought a zip zip for fall/winter, this is my second year with it.  I could stand a little larger purse, but I after eliminating as much stuff as I could, this is bearable weight-wise.  I did order another, wider strap for it; don't like the skinny Dooney straps and I wanted to wear ti crossbody.  It helps.  

Really don't know if I'm going to buy more of them.

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Depends on the bag. One cannot generalize. For instance, their Florentine bags have nice heft, but the Florentine Toscana bags are lighter. I never think about a bag's weight but I expect the quality l love to have some weight! Hope so. One exception is  Liebeskind bags, which are generally light. Why the concern about weight? 

Why?  Because over time it can cause shoulder pain and back issues.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Depends on the bag. One cannot generalize. For instance, their Florentine bags have nice heft, but the Florentine Toscana bags are lighter. I never think about a bag's weight but I expect the quality l love to have some weight! Hope so. One exception is  Liebeskind bags, which are generally light. Why the concern about weight? 

Comfort is important to me. I don't like a heavy bag

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Comfort is important to me. I don't like a heavy bag

Guess I haven't had that problem! Not uncomfortable to me. To each her own. You'd better go for the little fabric bags. Several women in my aunt's senior apartment complex carry them.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for that type of bag. I have leather that is nice and doesn't weigh a ton

Just because you want to be comfortable ,doesn't mean you are ancient

Honored Contributor

@cherry,  If you really want a Dooney, select a crossbody with thin straps or a regular handbag with thin straps.  Stay away from a lot of hardware and those thick straps they are famous for -- those bags are heavy.  I should have mentioned that to you in my first reply but it slipped my mind.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I find them extremely heavy. I have one and can not  use it because of the pain it causes me in my shoulder, then I limp on that side and then it causes my back and knees to hurt because I amthen walking with an unnatural gait. So not worth it.  It is not a huige bag either. I am thinking of consigning it because it just sits there taking up space again. I do not think they are any prettier than numerous other bags out there. Do not know why QVC is not offering more brands of bags, Dooney is like their staple.