Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone receive the new Dooney suede hobo logo?

[ Edited ]

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

There's been at least one thread about this bag and the confusion on sizing. Blling Queen got it in olive, likes it and has said it is not the same size as the original.

Yes Idid say that and I stick to it.  The bottom of that bag is what they originally said. Mid way it's 17.  It is smaller or I would have sent it back like I did the leather version of it.  All I know is this bag is a keeper and so gorgeous in the olive.  I'd be a fool to send this bag back to the Q. Come on fall so I can start using it!

Why do you keep saying the bottom of the pebble Logo is 17 inches when I posted a picture with a measuring tape on mine showing it's 12 inches? There is also a thread on Purse forum where someone has both and confirms the suede and leather versions are the same size when measured. 

IMG_0256.jpg

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee:
Adore your "pro-aging" sign-off! Heart

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb

What do you make of this? Posted on the bag's page (in tiny print):

Plus, this hobo with Logo Lock in black, charcoal, honey, olive, royal blue & wine is exclusive to QVC until 12/1/15.

The pebble leather hobo logo is only sold on the Q. Looks like Dooney did not agree to exclusivity with the suede version?

That would be my take too, though why they'd want to unleash a suede bag to the general public that late is anybody's guess. I suppose they might sell some for holiday gifts but that seems a bit late in the fall/winter season to unveil a 'new' suede silhouette. Alternatively, perhaps they plan to market it elsewhere, but in different colors, until that date. I suspect success of the original LL on QVC has made them wary of exclusivity vis a vis this new model.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Given the use of the new lining and my assumption the bag was smaller, I toyed with ordering this one, but the contrasting leather and several other factors changed my mind. Like Bling, I do love olive and that option was a huge factor, but ultimately, I'm not buying. I'm not sold on the lock itself and dislike the original's lining or I'd have probably tried the leather version by now. That said, I have other hobos I like a great deal better, but do appreciate some of the color options.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb

I'm sure there's marketing-smarts behind this, beyond our understanding. However, the pebble leather logo lock is a big seller, people buying many in different colors. You can't get one anywhere, even the outlets. Only eBay on occasion, so the Q has a firm grip on it.

With the suede version, who knows, but I'll be looking to see, first, if it pops up on the Dooney website (then stores). 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

N/M.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb

What do you make of this? Posted on the bag's page (in tiny print):

Plus, this hobo with Logo Lock in black, charcoal, honey, olive, royal blue & wine is exclusive to QVC until 12/1/15.

The pebble leather hobo logo is only sold on the Q. Looks like Dooney did not agree to exclusivity with the suede version?

they said the daffodil TSV was exclusive till 6-15-15 but i havent seen it anywhere else.  maybe just a marketing strategy??

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JAXS mom wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

There's been at least one thread about this bag and the confusion on sizing. Blling Queen got it in olive, likes it and has said it is not the same size as the original.

Yes Idid say that and I stick to it.  The bottom of that bag is what they originally said. Mid way it's 17.  It is smaller or I would have sent it back like I did the leather version of it.  All I know is this bag is a keeper and so gorgeous in the olive.  I'd be a fool to send this bag back to the Q. Come on fall so I can start using it!

Why do you keep saying the bottom of the pebble Logo is 17 inches when I posted a picture with a measuring tape on mine showing it's 12 inches? There is also a thread on Purse forum where someone has both and confirms the suede and leather versions are the same size when measured. 

Horribly, last night the not-Sue-Clifton-Dooney-rep appeared with Shawn to show the suede hobo logo and specifically said, it's just like the Hobo Logo, but SMALLER! This coming, naturally, after Sue Clifton just said the two bags are the SAME size, plus the measurements for both bags are showing up the same.

[Insert deep sigh here.]

This is confusing for both those of us who want a Big Bag and those hoping for a smaller hobo logo. 

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Horribly, last night the not-Sue-Clifton-Dooney-rep appared with Shawn to show the suede hobo logo and specifically said, it's just like the Hobo Logo, but SMALLER! This coming, naturally, after Sue Clifton just said the two bags are the SAME size, plus the measurements for both bags are showing up the same.

[Insert deep sigh here.]

This is confusing for both those of us who want a Big Bag and those hoping for a smaller hobo logo. 

And really, wouldn't it be easy enough for them to sit the two darned bags side by side so viewers could see them together,  Shew, I'm glad I don't want either one of them!

Respected Contributor

Well, since I DO love the pebble hobo logo (and its size), I went ahead and ordered the suede, in charcoal. Willing to send it back.

I will meticulously compare them. If the suede hobo is only a BIT smaller, it's a deal, since I expect, from the online reviews, the sueded leather to be lush.

My favorite handbags are the hobos: the Roma 2 and the hobo logo.