Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Patricia Nash handbags?

@Hootywrote:

Wow, thank you all for your comments!

I have fallen in love with the Prairie Rose Collection

Patricia Nash Prairie Rose Collection Avellino Cross-Body Bag

@Hooty

She is beautiful! You must bring her home 😊

Esteemed Contributor

I would keep checking Macy's online.  Just got this PN Poppy tote for under $100 during their recent VIP sale.  

Patricia Nash Poppy Shoulder Bag

Esteemed Contributor

I saw it there also. I thought it was cute. Zappos also has it. 

Honored Contributor

Do these shoes match? Saw this on HSN.

4C89A32C-6FB9-493F-9CF7-4EDE8535758B.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

I discovered Patricia Nash a couple of years ago. I bought mine at Macy's at the end of the season on clearance and was also able to use a coupon. It's a solid black shoulder bag. Have always been a sucker for hand tooled leather. I also have a wallet and eyeglass case of hers. Love the quality and they get better as they get older.

Super Contributor

How do these bags hold up?  I saw one at TJ Maxx today and passed because the corners were slightly scuffed.  If they scuff that easy the bags are not for me.  I use my stuff and it has to hold up. 

Honored Contributor

@TWwrote:

How do these bags hold up?  I saw one at TJ Maxx today and passed because the corners were slightly scuffed.  If they scuff that easy the bags are not for me.  I use my stuff and it has to hold up. 

@TW  I don't know if it is true or not but someone who has no dog in the fight but has a lot of knowledge of dry goods and so forth told me that the handbags the designers send to TJM are not of the same quality as the ones that are sent to the nicer department stores.  I do not know that to be true or not.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday,

In my experience the quality is the same, they might be from past seasons or excess inventory.

I like PN tapestry bags however the smell of the leather bothers me, perhaps I might be allergic to certain spores🌻

Super Contributor

@Nonametodaywrote:

@TWwrote:

@TW  I don't know if it is true or not but someone who has no dog in the fight but has a lot of knowledge of dry goods and so forth told me that the handbags the designers send to TJM are not of the same quality as the ones that are sent to the nicer department stores.  I do not know that to be true or not.

I have seen the same bag at Dillards for twice the price.  It looked exactly the same. Of course they don't stack the bags llike TJ Maxx. The leather on those bags feels dry and not supple.  May be that's why they scuff easier.

Trusted Contributor

Are her bags heavy?