Super Contributor

Eve Cork. They’re Vegan friendly (definitely not Vegan🤪)

But I really like this style. Made of cork $178. 

No, not buying, but I’m curious. 

9A1DAC6B-5708-4A7D-985B-EE398CE79452.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Familiar With These

@SUHsE. No, I’ve never seen that brand.

Honored Contributor

I was interested enough yesterday to check out their site and went back just now and the bag the OP is showing is now sold out.  They look nice but I do love leather.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@SUHsE

Cork handbags & accessories are fairly common in New Orleans due to two stores that sell only cork handbags, wallets, etc.  The store name is Queork.  They have a website (Queork dot com) that you can visit to order and to learn more about cork as a material for fashion accessories.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags:  Thanx for the tip; I see they have a store in Santa Fe, so I'll check it out next week.

Super Contributor

My boss lived in New Orleans, for almost 5 years, when she was first married.  Career opportunity, for her husband. 

They went back back for a visit, just recently. They both loved the city, but not the climate, and they both missed their families, in the Northwest, so they moved back home.  

She said New Orleans will always hold very special memories, for them. 

Honored Contributor

The bag pictured is great looking. I've seen and heard of cork accessories before though not sure if it was this brand. Not sure I would love cork over the long term and that bag is pricey enough for me to opt out and choose something else.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Pretty syle....but I don't think it would wear very good...

Trusted Contributor

It's pretty, but if it's made of cork, it should be cheap. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Costco sells cork handbags at their instore special events. I went online to see their events calendar and saw that they will have a cork handbag event at a location in my area in late August. I may head over there at that time to shop. I recall this same event a year ago at my local Costco and did not give it much attention to the fabrication but I have researched cork accessories as a result of this posting and think one may be calling my name.