Esteemed Contributor

Any thoughts about Joy Mangano's new tote bag?

[ Edited ]

It's a  ts on the ther channel- a really nice looking leather tote for $40. It comes with an RFID clutch also- the leather looks great but I remember her other leather totes had problems with the straps. They frayed and didn't hold up. I wonder if she addressed this with the new tote. I haven't seen an entire presentation,did Joy mention this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Any thoughts about Joy Mangano's new tote bag?

I would NEVER buy another bag from her...especially a $40 bag.

I love her hangers, but that's about it.

Respected Contributor

It looks like it's worth a $40 leather bag.  Very thin looking.  Can't imagine it holding up for long...

Esteemed Contributor

Thinner leathers can still be very strong-  but it's the straps that concern me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She and HSN have tried to cast as wide a net for her as possible, just as QVC has also done with some of their vendors, continually expanding the product range, rather than bringing in new vedors with an expertise (for want of a better term), in the merchandise areas being offered. I'm not particularly interested in handbags made by someone whose claim to fame lies in other areas, but it's an each to their own kind of thing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Looks very thin and cheap, which it is.  Other than her hangers, most of her stuff I've bought has been returned.  Her diffusers, which I kept, are a joke.  I have two sets in one small powder room and you can't smell them.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

Looks very thin and cheap, which it is.  Other than her hangers, most of her stuff I've bought has been returned.  Her diffusers, which I kept, are a joke.  I have two sets in one small powder room and you can't smell them.

I bought one of the bags she did with Iman. It was leather, backed by cardboard. I returned it immediately and noticed that it got a lot of bad reviews.

I fell for the diffusers too - you are right, @bootsanne - they don't work!

Respected Contributor

I think she has enough $$$$ haha!

Trusted Contributor

HSN owns Joy Mangano products.  I like her huggable hangers (even 2 broke ), but have never tried any of her other products.  $39 sounds really cheap for a leather bag.  I don't think the quality could be good IMO.  Has anyone tried her bifocal readers?  I'm going to have to wait to order them until I have cataract surgery.

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

It's a  ts on the ther channel- a really nice looking leather tote for $40. It comes with an RFID clutch also- the leather looks great but I remember her other leather totes had problems with the straps. They frayed and didn't hold up. I wonder if she addressed this with the new tote. I haven't seen an entire presentation,did Joy mention this?

The only items I've purchased from the plethora of IMO sub-par items she "snake oil" sells (sometimes with Iman) are her hangers, which I like and have also gifted, and her hand held steamer purchased many years ago.  I rate the steamer's performance a 6 out of 10.  It's no Rowenta!