Respected Contributor

Anushka Observation

[ Edited ]

Anytime these handbags are being presented, the hosts and models wear solid colored clothing.  I think these bags are beautiful, but wouldn't wear them as much because of the prints.  I, too, would have to focus on wearing solids.  JMO

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

As a rule, yes, you are right, but I have a couple and it is surprising some of the clothing that they go really well with that are NOT solids...

I am sort of a bag fanatic and own  a couple dozen Dooney's , Coach, Louis',and others, and am amazed at the compliments I get on the two Anushka's I own..They are very well made and strikingly beautiful.

Do they complement every outfit? No way..do I get a compliment every time I wear one? yes!

Super Contributor

Yes I would only wear them with solids BUT...

I feel the same about beautiful Vera Bradley prints yet I have purchased many of these thru the years.  I think of my VB flower prints as works of art and I don't mind only wearing them with solids.  When not in use they hang on hooks (thru spring/summer) on my bedroom closet doors - they give my room a positive vibe Smiley Very Happy

I think Anushka fans think of their bags in the same way.

Honored Contributor

O/T (sort of)

7FBB846E-BB4C-43DB-9110-E1C66270C03E-7290-000007C7DAAF2C9E.jpeg

This is the pattern of Vera that I carried every day when I taught. The style was the large villager. Most people refer to this pattern as"Sunflowers" but the proper title is Vibrant Black.

It contained our school colors (red and black).

There is blue in the border (jeans). I am a mostly solids person. To me, an artsy bag is an accessory like a scarf.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I think they're really pretty but I just haven't found one that really goes with my style. I liked a mermaid one they did a few years ago. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

As a rule, yes, you are right, but I have a couple and it is surprising some of the clothing that they go really well with that are NOT solids...

I am sort of a bag fanatic and own  a couple dozen Dooney's , Coach, Louis',and others, and am amazed at the compliments I get on the two Anushka's I own..They are very well made and strikingly beautiful.

Do they complement every outfit? No way..do I get a compliment every time I wear one? yes!

I agree they do not go with everything but I love it when I can wear one, people I meet absolutely love them.  The art work just makes me smile.  I ordered their 3 piece quilt set yesterday because I love the art work.  I love Anushka.  In fact I am wearing a solid maxi today and I am also wearing my Anushka.  Evine has good prices on them today.

Honored Contributor

I find the painting on these bags to be very cartoonish and the colors much more garish in person than they appear on TV.  I wear a lot of prints and a painted or fabric Vera Bradley just doesn't go with my clothing.   I've bought a couple of Anushkas but have never actually used one.  I've got one out now with feathers on it that seem more subtle than most.  I'm trying to decide if I really want to use it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I was tempted once to order one of their animal themed bags (I love anything animal), but I knew I wouldn't carry it that much since I tend to wear a lot of prints. I don't own any printed handbags. 

Honored Contributor

Just a general observation, but where I live it seems that people are not as much into the rules of fashion and wear all sorts of combinations of prints quite well.

Personally, I have many Vera bags that for whatever reason, I don't carry anymore. And while I can occasionally appreciate an Anushka print to look at, it's just not my thing in terms of carrying.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I ordered my first Anushka bag which has a beach scene on it and I totally love it and get complimnets all the time I am a huge fan of the beach and my thoughts on the bags was that they were loud and tacky. In person though, this bag is a work of art with the colors bright but slightly muted, the blue coloring perfect with jeans but yes you have to watch the clash as you said. It is a whole other thing than buying a good designer bag which make them unique and I know I will love getting this out each summer for years to come. I am glad I went out of my comfort zone and ordered it.