Esteemed Contributor

I have the Beach wallet: in my tote right now

731-541- Anuschka Hand-Painted Leather RFID Blocking Bi-Fold Wallet

Evine has the clutch:  might go on sale (too expensive) 

728-806- Anuschka Hand-Painted Leather 3-in-1 Wristlet, Clutch & Crossbody Bag

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2  Yeah, that whole prince thing is highly overrated.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I was SO excited to see that my order had shipped FedEx on 7/3. Then disappointed to learn it was handed over to USPS as part of FedEx Smartpost. Now I'm further saddened to see an anticipated delivery date of 7/11. SIGH

In the meantime, FedEx has already delivered items I ordered from QVC 3 days ago. Truck comes right to the door. USPS isn't needed for the "last mile' as the Smartpost advertising claims to ensure items reach all destinations. The whole Smartpost handoff irritates the dickens out of me.

So by the time I receive the bag it will have been almost one month since I placed my order. "I will hug it and pet it and name it George" (Of Mice and Men reference).

I know I know...first world problems.

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2  My Anuschka arrived today. It is beautiful but small. I was surprised at just how small. Hobo bags are usually larger, so this little thing seems as if it hasn't fully grown up yet. I'd be mad to spend full price and get such a small bag, so I am grateful for the Zulily bargain! It feels like a kid's purse, but that could be because  I've been hauling around that lovely Macy's special D& B tote.

Makes me think I should splurge on the drawstring tote in Island Escape after all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anuschka Lovers

[ Edited ]

@LonestarBabs wrote:

@hicindy2  My Anuschka arrived today. It is beautiful but small. I was surprised at just how small. Hobo bags are usually larger, so this little thing seems as if it hasn't fully grown up yet. I'd be mad to spend full price and get such a small bag, so I am grateful for the Zulily bargain! It feels like a kid's purse, but that could be because  I've been hauling around that lovely Macy's special D& B tote.

Makes me think I should splurge on the drawstring tote in Island Escape after all.

@LonestarBabs  Oh dear  It is: 12'' W x 6.25'' H x 4''  That isn't tiny, you are probably more used to the Big Girl totes. 

What about as a Happy Hour bag where you are just carrying a few essentials ?? I love the cosmetic cases and wallets, but have moved away from the handbags.  Getting very pricey. 

Loophole:  if Zulily delayed past the promised shipping date, you can call Customer Service and organize a return.  

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2  They actually shipped earlier than the promised date, so that was good. The bag is eligible for return and I'm still on the fence about that. I walk past the little bag every day -- it's sitting on my dressr -- and wonder if today's the day I'l try to use it. My Lodis RFID crossbody wallet, keys, glasses, makeup case, and cell phone are what I carry on a daily basis. As you said, I'm used to bigger bags and this looks/feels tiny. But it is beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

@LonestarBabs  I'd return it.  When I do a closet clear-out, most of the bags tagged for new homes were "almost but not quite right".  Put the dollars toward something you LOVE and will carry often.  

That's my 2 cents.  Woman WinkIf you love the print (s), you can always get an RFID wallet from Anuschka or a cosmetic case or glasses case to carry in your Big Girl Bag.  

from Evine: 704-496- Anuschka Hand-Painted Leather Double Eyeglass Case729-561- Anuschka Hand-Painted Leather RFID Blocking Tri-Fold Wallet w/ Removable Checkbook Holder

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2  I am returning it. Store credit to use on something else. They deduct $2.00 and $1.95 and credit the rest to my account. I like your suggestion of an Anuschka accessory.

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2  UPDATE - I decided to keep it. It's gorgeous, and today I stuffed it with my usual wallet, glasses, phone, lipstick and "practiced" waving it about. It didn't seem quite as small although I had to be careful when zipping it shut.