Respected Contributor

Anyone own one of these bags ? I have one bag that I bought when Anuschka was on Shop HQ. I never carried it more than 5 times, it sits in the closet, I carry my dooneys. Do you like the bags you purchased ? I like it but just don't use it anymore. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anuschka Handbag TSV on HSN

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Anyone own one of these bags ? I have one bag that I bought when Anuschka was on Shop HQ. I never carried it more than 5 times, it sits in the closet, I carry my dooneys. Do you like the bags you purchased ? I like it but just don't use it anymore. 

I just started a thread about this on the TSV board. Hoping for opinions. Curious why you do t carry yours anymore?

Harmonize the World
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmotherwrote: I just started a thread about this on the TSV board. Hoping for opinions. Curious why you do t carry yours anymore

I loved the bag when I first bought it, it was a TSV. I have had it for about 6-7 years.  I think it was a spur of the moment purchase, it was different but after a while I just put it in the closet and started carrying my Dooney bags and liked them more so the Anuschka just got left behind. It's in it's own storage bag that came with it, just like new Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   I also bought one or two on ShopHQ and never carried one.  In person, their paint job is brighter and more iridescent and the designs more cartoonish.  I just couldn't bring myself to carry one so I eventually gave them away.  Too bad because without the garish paint, they're nice bags. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

they are nice bags, nice soft leather but I think it probably was the paint design that I eventually didn't care for. I am a solid color bag girl but as I noted, I liked the bag when I first bought it, never even thought about returning it  and I did get a few compliments.

Respected Contributor

I bought a large wristlet wallet from them on ShopHQ because it could hold my Samsung Note 4.  It held up well and was very pretty.  The paint on the wallet was fairly muted and neutral colors.  I just prefer solid color handbags but do use the wristlet shopping. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Anuschka bags of circa 2014 were works of art.  Take a look at the Enchanted Fairy Garden Shopper (496-EFF), the original not the copies that came later.  The attention to detail and craftsmanship was outstanding.  The EF had double rolled handles, an expandable inset, tassel, and the artwork was intricate.  It came with a sunglass and make-up pouch and the interior had several pockets done in purple.  The bag was stunning.  Several copies  followed later, but never matched the original.  The Two for Joy shopper is another iconic Anuschka.  i think the description of later bags listed above as "cartoonish" (@Kachina624) is correct.  It is rare that the iconic designs of the past reach Ebay etc....people hold on to those works of art.

Esteemed Contributor

While I like some of the bags in regards to size, functionally etc I just can't  buy a bag with pictures on it. I prefer plain and boring. I sometimes have a hard time with Brahmin and their croc embossing or when Dooney does Ostrich. I guess I just don't want people coming up to me and asking about my bag etc. 

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

While I like some of the bags in regards to size, functionally etc I just can't  buy a bag with pictures on it. I prefer plain and boring. I sometimes have a hard time with Brahmin and their croc embossing or when Dooney does Ostrich. I guess I just don't want people coming up to me and asking about my bag etc. 

yes you said it well- I feel the same about attracting attention with my purse, clothing or other accessories. I don't want to attract the attention of strangers. I'm conservative in my dress. A bag like this would look oddly out of place on me. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

I have several Anushka's and carry them all the time.  I have 1 Dooney and will never have another one.  Too heavy for me and the zipper broke pretty quickly but just out of warranty.  Never again.  I realize I am probably the only person that thinks that Dooneys are over rated.

I miss the Tignanello's, Loved the quality, loved the price.  Since I can no longer find those, i am sticking with my Anushka's and I just did buy a Lug so we shall see.  I love the colors of the Anushka and I love the Whimsy of them.