Valued Contributor

American Leather Co Handbags

Hi everyone.  Just trying to get opinions on American Leather Co bags.  Never purchased one but am considering it.  Thanks!

Contributor

Re: American Leather Co Handbags

Received the Messenger Crossbody recently. Seems to be nice quaility leather, comfortable next to the body.  It is actually spacious for a smaller  crossbody. I am pleased with the purchase.  The strap is very long for me, but we just put afew more holes in it.

Valued Contributor

Thanks @nonnied!

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn is on now saying the leather for the bags is sourced just outside Albany, NY, but the listing on the hobo "carrie" says the bag is imported.  So they export the NY leather for manufacture then import again?

Occasional Contributor

I recently purchased the satchel/crossbody in brandy, and I loveit!  The leather is incredibly soft, and it's the perfect size for me.  Got it on ebay, brand new, for half the price of QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I got one  and they are well made!

Super Contributor

My Q2 crossbodybags came in. Very impressed!  The leather is buttery soft.  

Honored Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

My Q2 crossbodybags came in. Very impressed!  The leather is buttery soft.  

@Infinite Mine did too.  I got the butterum/stone.  Should this be sprayed with a protectant?  I'm afraid this type of leather will stain.

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of these at Marshalls and TJM for a lot less than the Q price. Got one for my mother who likes soft leather bags.  She loves it.

Super Contributor

I see them at TJ Maxx / Marshalls frequently. Leather quality is ok. Nothing too impressive. Priced around 50.-60.00. I wouldn't spend more than that.