Frequent Contributor

Alright QVC, for the money you want me to spend...

I want a CLOSE UP of the inside these handbags.  And I mean part, every place that has a zipper, an openning, everything  And I don't want you to zip right thru it, I want you to take your time so those of us that are going to spend our hard-earned money on these handbags will know if it serve us. 

After all, anywhere from $150.00 to $300.00 or more can be same as a car payment, monthly rent, etc.  For that sort of money, show me what I am getting!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Alright QVC, for the money you want me to spend...

I totally agree with everything scatha_guardian said.

I definitely want all pockets and zippered areas opened. Every nook and cranny needs to be revealed because I know what I need to carry in my bag and I want an opportunity to "eyeball" it for that purpose.

And don't show me and tell me that YOUR  type and size phone will go in a certain place or a tablet, etc. We all have different equipment and you don't know what I know. Also SHOW me the strap drop and where it falls on your body, don't just run by it.

These shows are rushing through the bags and I don't like it or get so angry I won't consider buying a particular bag. Slow down and be more thoughtful.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree.  This has been my pet peeve for years.  We can see the shape, we can see the colors of the bag.  First thing we need are the dimensions.  Then open the bag.......show us the inside, the zippers, how long the strap is....then get into the colors.

Regular Contributor

I love how HSN does it! They have an animation of sorts with the dimensions top to bottom. Love that!

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Evine does a good job too, often shooting from overhead.  That said, I want to know what's inside the bag, but let's face it, the configurations aren't numerous and as long as I know, I don't necessarily need close ups...

Incidentally, I want to know where the monthly rent is $300, because I want to move there...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

OP, l agree. And even more so, if they expect the customer to be willing to gamble as much as $19 to try out a handbag, they certainly need to give us as much information as possible, to make an educated decision. Their competition, eg. Nordstrom, Macy's, and Zappos, offer free shipping and returns, and much longer return timeframes. So get with the program, Q!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My, I'm certainly in agreement with this one.  Only makes common sense that the inside is as important as the outside look of the bag...the place I go to immediately after seeing a bag I like in a store.

Some time back again, I saw a host on HSN describing a new bag I was attracted to.  I deliberately continued to watch to hear the discription of the inside.  After 45 minutes I changed channels as during that time she never once even opened the bag to show the inside much less describe it.  Was considering contacting HSN about this but somehow never got around to doing it.  Maybe now is the time to contact both HSN and QVC since there are others here who feel the same way.

Frequent Contributor

South Louisiana, right out side of Lafayeffe...Cajun country!

Honored Contributor

You are so right but for me it goes for just about everything.  I want a total description, what kind of leather or fabric, washable, percentage when it comes to fabrics.  afterall we are purchasing not seeing the item in person and some of these hosts can cut out all the chatterbox stuff.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Cheri Christmas, the vendor/owner from Maxx New York was the only vendor who ever spent a lot of time showing the inside of the bag well.

Most of the vendors no matter what the brand only spend time showing the outside of the bag and barely show the inside of the bag at all.

I have stopped buying any bags off the internet unless I know what the inside looks like so I'll look at a bag at a bricks and mortar store because I can look, feel, and smell the bag, I can try it in my hands or over my shoulder and see if my phone is easy to get in and out of the bag. I can pull on the zippers and look at the lining to see if the material is substantial or not. I can look at the quality of the leather and the trim including the hardware. And I'm not paying a shipping or return fee either.