Super Contributor

Is it just me, or do you find a lot of the colors/prints of her handbags, well, garish?  I have seen several styles I like  but the color choices are awful. (Blue snakeskin). I realize she is trying to be different, but I think she is off the mark in what women want to carry.

She should take a hint from the Brahmin designers.  They mix animal skins and colors in such beautiful combinations.

Trusted Contributor

I do not like camo handbags.  Both Aimee and LUG use a lot of camo in their designs.  That is just not for me.  In my city I never see anyone wearing camo unless they are going up north to hunt Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. While some of her bags are pretty, they aren't for me because I'm basically a brown, black or if I really want to go wild i will wear a beige in summer. Brahman bags are also beautiful and my first choice.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you.  It's not like I'm out and about in a professional setting (I'm 70 and haven't worked in 43 years) but I do get out and live minutes from DC where many professionals work (i.e. people who are in the work force and must dress nicely) and I don't see people carrying those camo (is that how it's spelled) purses or anything camo.  

As for me, I don't like it either.  It's just a matter of preference, I guess.

So I bought the today's special.  There weren't many good colors even to start with.  I ended up with the baby blue one!  I liked the way it is made but I'm pretty sure I'll send it back due to the color.  I actually have a much smaller bag of her's in that pink color I use in the summer.  I have a bad back and knees so sometimes I change into a small bag.

I tuned in when the purse was a TSV maybe a short time after midnight and one or two of the 'normal' colors were gone.  I didn't get the black because I felt like the designs faded into the bag with the black.  They always make the purse (my opinion) heavier than it would be otherwise so I figured if I'm going to put up with the extra weight, I want it to be seen.  (Crazy/stupid, I know.)

I do get compliments on some of my purses.  It's strange the things people notice.  I gave a dear friend an expensive Dooney bag.  She'd never heard of Dooney and didn't like it, so she gave it back and I sent it back.  It wasn't a weird color or design, she'd rather carry the ugliest canvas (yes, gray canvas bag) that looks like it was carried during WWII through battle!  We are good enough friends (and a purse is a personal thing) that it didn't bother me that she gave it back.  I'd rather that than have it sit in the back of her closet.

Incidentally, I know the TSV I bought was O'Yany.  I guess it sounds like I think it's Amy's.  I mentioned the TSV I bought because (in my opinion) those colors she had are almost as bad (though not camo) as O'Yany's.        

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of most of her bags either... and find her somewhat annoying when presenting. Too much snake and too much camo... Too many streamers, bells and whistles. Personally, I think these designs will prove to be dated sooner rather than later.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I think the bags for GILI, Aimee and Lug reflected the taste of the QVC buying team. I do not see camo, lots of tassels, etc at Saks, Nordstrom or Nieman. The sites that carry Lug that I have shopped only carry solids. 

Honored Contributor

@mistyada wrote:

I think the bags for GILI, Aimee and Lug reflected the taste of the QVC buying team. I do not see camo, lots of tassels, etc at Saks, Nordstrom or Nieman. The sites that carry Lug that I have shopped only carry solids. 

I agree... I don't see the 'trends' they're touting out and about... Moreover, many of these designs, at this point, are several years old, perhaps because they refuse to offer true 'clearance' prices.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like some of her leather treatments, like the silver foil over black and her pewter leather. But her line has way too many snake/exotic treatments and it limits other color choices.

I'm also not particularly impressed with the quality of her leather. I've had cloth bags that have better structure than her leather ones. And don't get me started on the organization. Too many of her pockets ( inside and out) are just so tiny as to have no practical use. I like a stylish bag but it has to be usable also. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I really dislike her style, too. She also doesn't really design very functional crossbody bags, either. But, hey....to each their own, right?

Respected Contributor

Some of it reminds me of the Kathy Van Zealand bags..ugh!