Esteemed Contributor

Re: Aimee Kestenberg TSV just arrived -- love!

@hicindy2 wrote:

I am so glad you are pleased with your purchase.  

Enjoy !!  That sangria is gorgeous. 

As a side note:  the AK website is having a fall sale with a code of FALL20 and they have some bags with silver hardware (my fave). Free shipping on orders of $150.00 Just saying..

I really like this one: magnetic closure though :0( 

Bali Crossbody, Storm Zebra

And a zip top but rather small.

Byron Crossbody, Bluebell Snake

Really like this one with a padded strap and a vintage look.  hmmmmmm

Camilla Hobo, Charcoal

Honored Contributor

Update,

I received my Sangria handbag earlier today. I am very happy with mine. The color is dèep and rich. I adore all the pockets, places to put things. The zippers are well done, and glide easily. Love the opening on the back, and the design of the foldover that is a whole different compartment. This handbag is lightweight, and perfect mid size for me. I cannot imagine anyone needing more room in a handbag. The handles are well done like the Dooney's, but could be a little longer. Mine is a keeper. I would love to see the Gunmetal in person. 

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne and everyone who ordered the AK sangria TSV -- I'm so happy you like yours! SAME HERE!!!! I am just thrilled with it! Mine arrived this afternoon, and the color is so much more rich and dark oxblood than I thought. Mine is also more pebbled in texture, which I love. I'm so pleased it's dark maroon because I had purchased an Etienne Aigner wallet on ebay and it matches quite well!!! The wallet is smooth rather than pebbled and just a shade darker than the handbag, but it works really well in case any of you are looking to have a coordinating wallet. Woman Happy

I hope everyone enjoys their new AK TSV! It's a WINNER!!!! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tissyanne wrote:

Update,

I received my Sangria handbag earlier today. I am very happy with mine. The color is dèep and rich. I adore all the pockets, places to put things. The zippers are well done, and glide easily. Love the opening on the back, and the design of the foldover that is a whole different compartment. This handbag is lightweight, and perfect mid size for me. I cannot imagine anyone needing more room in a handbag. The handles are well done like the Dooney's, but could be a little longer. Mine is a keeper. I would love to see the Gunmetal in person. 

I just received my Sangria bag at 4pm LOL (it was an event) and I love it as well.

I wrote a lengthy review that I hope gets posted. This bag is an outstanding value and AK has just become my go to brand. It makes a recent Oryany purchase  look like not such a good value in comparison even if I still like the bag. I concur that the Sangria color is deep and rich and the gold hardware and supple leather make this bag look high end super expensive.

The leather is soft yet has the structure necessary to keep the form of a satchel style. This bag is perfectly executed and I also would love to see the Gunmetal. I'm sure that it looks amazing. The gold distressed looks like too much but it's getting good reviews so far. It's the perfect size and weight; not too big or small and it holds a lot while still looking sophisticated.

Just a home run!! Perfect in every way! What a huge value. Highly recommend this bag and brand.

AK Soho Sangria.JPG

~Live with Intention~
Regular Contributor

I was one of those who found the bag way smaller than it appeared online. I got it today and returned it already. Cute for a teenager and definitely not worth $200.00!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzycue wrote:

I was one of those who found the bag way smaller than it appeared online. I got it today and returned it already. Cute for a teenager and definitely not worth $200.00!!

@SuzieQue Sorry you feel that way. May I ask are you used to carrying much larger bags? 

I can tell you from personal experience working for a well known luxury leather manufacturer who made outerwear and handbags that this bag should be priced much higher. I respect your opinion. IMO though I don't think a handbag's cost is associated only with its size.The leather, hardware and attention to detail also affect its cost.

Ironically enough, it's more expensive to make a smaller bag that has many details than a simple large tote. If you look at LV, Gucci, Michael Kors etc. you will see that their smaller bags are much more expensive than their large tote bags that are easier to make since it's mostly big pieces of leather rather than working with many small parts. The more parts, the more workmanship and time it takes to make the bag, which increases the cost.

I urge you to go to a major department store and compare prices for the same quality of this AK bag. Again, you are entitled to your opinion, I'm just trying to share my knowledge of the industry with others.

~Live with Intention~
Contributor

Totally agree!!! I don't think Suzy has any idea about pricing and what real designer bags cost... Totally agree that Aimee's bags should cost $400-$600 for the quality of leather hardware and detail! Loving my TSV bag Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I received the TSV bag in gunmetal today. I have no qualms with the price and think the gunmetal leather is amazingly beautiful. I also think the gold hardware is just fine. 

I am, however, surprised at how badly I misjudged the size of the bag. It is too small for my taste and i am going to send it back. It just looked "bigger" to me on TV. 

I have the AK Lulu fringe bag in Sangria on order and it is quite a bit bigger than the TSV, so I am sure I will be much happier with that bag.

I do love that gunmetal though....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PanAnna wrote:

I received the TSV bag in gunmetal today. I have no qualms with the price and think the gunmetal leather is amazingly beautiful. I also think the gold hardware is just fine. 

I am, however, surprised at how badly I misjudged the size of the bag. It is too small for my taste and i am going to send it back. It just looked "bigger" to me on TV. 

I have the AK Lulu fringe bag in Sangria on order and it is quite a bit bigger than the TSV, so I am sure I will be much happier with that bag.

I do love that gunmetal though....

@PanAnna I kindly suggest that you put all your things in the bag and see if it works before sending it back. It holds a lot even if it is smaller than you thought. 

A caveat on the Lulu bag; it has absolutely no structure whatsoever. Once you take out the paper, it completely puddles. For me, depending on the silhouette of the bag this is a deal breaker. The TSV has structure and holds its shape. Lulu will not. I find that bags with no structure actually look and act like a smaller bag since everything just puddles in the center. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne and @NycVixen and everyone who received the AK TSV: Did any of you receive a dustbag with this leather handbag? In my excitement opening it, I wonder if I discarded it because I don't see one. However, it may not come with a dustbag? Please let me know either way...thanks, EEL Woman Happy P.S. If it doesn't, I'll just get a new white cotton pillowcase for it.