Respected Contributor

Aimee Kerstenberg Tamitha Backpack---A304721

Liked the looks of this bag which is featured here at the Q. However, I wasn't a big fan of that $228 pricetag. Took inspiration from another purchaser who had found the bag on clearance at $114. (To whomever that was, thank you!)

Well, I did better....found it at TJ Maxx for $60 including tax.   There was one in cream/Bone? and two in the blush. I picked up the cream colored version, just because I thought it would go with more. 

Does anyone remember the Tig bags of old? That pebbled leather is that soft. The zipper does go down the backside of the back, but there is a piece which locks it at the top. It has to be snapped. There is a also a secure leather slip pocket with a magnetic snap on the side which one wears against the back. Perfect! That is where I keep my wallet  and keys. Or phone---if Ineed quick access. The shoulder straps could have been better for what is supposed to be a $228 bag.  I think Aimee's bags are nice, but great at a sale price.  Worth checking out at a TJM or Marshalls near you.

Valued Contributor

Re: Aimee Kerstenberg Tamitha Backpack---A304721

[ Edited ]

@JavaQueen@If you check my comments in handbags,I found the Lapis color with black hardware in Ross for $70.00 dollars.Love it. I perfer handbags without gold hardware,so this Lapis color is deep and the black hardware compliments the color.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I don't think we have Ross here. That does sound like a sharp bag. Funny thing: my bag had rosetone hardware.
Respected Contributor

I was thinking also that Aimee creates designs that work well in an urban envionment. That hidden slip pocket is crucial to security. Isaac M. Had also included it on of his backpacks designed for the Q.
In comparison, I own a pod zip backpack by DB. Nicely, constructed with decent zippers and organization, but no outside slip pocket. I make bag work.by keeping the double zippers to the sides the gussets block easy access. You think Mr. Dooney would figure out a way to incorporate some of these security/convenience features. It can be done without spoiling lines.
Valued Contributor

Re: Aimee Kestenberg Tamitha Backpack---A304721

As a handbag diva, since I was six years old. I always loved and baby my handbags.No direct sunlight,leather conditioner,and a microfiber baskets in my truck and bedroom to rest my current handbag obsession.  

Two months ago I notice  my Tamitha Amiee Kestenberg ( lapis  color) backpack in different areas started to fade.,in different areas.While no one else would notice, I did.

Love the design and the soft leather,but off to Goodwill it goes. After 4 months and tender loving care ($69..00@ Ross) the bag should not be fading.

I mentioned this now, because QVC 2 is  or was offering the Bag@$159.00 dollars. Still I love the design,I just purchased a dud.

Respected Contributor

Dont get the backpack thing as a grown woman unless on a long hiking trip in the wilderness.  

Honored Contributor

I love backpacks.  This one is darling, but I have a Rebecca Minkoff one that is in the same style!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Age does not define one's style. You like what you like.I am and never been a ,"Stepford wife".If we all like the same thing that means no one is a individualist. I love hobos,backs packs,cross body  leather handbags,don't care for hard structure handbags.

Mini skirts were popular in seventies, never were my style.At age 64 my style has not change.My acceptance for those who opinion is different from mine,is go for it sisters and brothers.

Honored Contributor

TJM and/or Marshalls.  $60. (As others have stated too.)

Just KNOWING that, I could never cough up the Q $ and buy it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

TJM and/or Marshalls.  $60. (As others have stated too.)

Just KNOWING that, I could never cough up the Q $ and buy it.

Update:  I'm about to outdo myself.  Picked one up today at TJM on clearance for $49.  Got the black.

I bought it as a Christmas gift for my god daughter.  She will love it!!