Honored Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

@QuinnPenny wrote:

Sfgiantsgirl good for you, you should be able to buy whatever you want. I think your bag is gorgeous, and everyone that gave nasty comments are just jelous of you.  

Thanks Allure. I just think that people need to purchase what makes them happy.  I would never call out anyone for buying something that is a value to them.  What is junk to one is a treasure to another.  Some may not like the strap but I have to wonder if the the bag only came with the top handles and no strap was not even provided, would the same comments and questions come up? 

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL There are people that just want to rain on another's parade while they want to be the drum major in front of the bandWoman Very Happy

Consider the source and be happy.

Respected Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair

Then please justify the price tag for me - since you don't believe it's a rip off.  Because the purse is mostly a massive mark up.  Hence because it's a "name" brand.

It doesn't cost that much to produce these purses.  It really doesn't.

@Qshopper1991 Price doesn't really have anything to do if you like the product. I had a friend that had a Dooney many many years ago that cost $300.00 at the time. It was the only handbag she carried for years. So she got her money's worth.

The bottom line is what a person wants and how they spend their money.

@Sister Golden Hair

My first Dooney in late 1980 cost $240. I remember it well. Spending $500 now is very reasonable for the quality of florentine Toscana, the workmanship, the leather lining. I am tired of this topic, but I have not even mentioned until now a favorite leather-lined Proenza bag of mine that was more than $2000. A Dooney is a bargain.