Honored Contributor

@libbyannE Some department stores will take virtually anything back and for any reason at virtually any time, though even some of those with more liberal return policies are probably trying to curtail gratuitous returns...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@september wrote:

@151949 wrote:

$468 + tax & S&H for a purse with a strap made of cotton webbing.

Aren't you the same poster who has started several threads about how much you just paid for your new car?

some people might think that amount of money for a car is too much.  We are all adults and are capable of deciding what to spend our own money on.  

Yes, I did and my new car is VALUE FOR THE MONEY. It isn't some cheap substitute for value and then they try to convince you it is a trend or it's beautiful - that strap RUINS an otherwise gorgeous purse.

Only in your opinion; others don't agree.  And no need to SHOUT.  Shouting isn't going to make anyone agree with you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@clangle wrote:

Actually, I find it more irksome that they can't throw in free S&H for a $500 purse that probably weighs all of a couple pounds at most.

I agree. Shipping is free from the Dooney site. So, if the same bag is at both QVC and Dooney direct for the same price, as is often the case, I have no choice but to buy direct.

@libbyannE @stevieb

The big difference, for me, is that Dooney will not accept a return for a bag you have used. Let alone used for a month. Q takes them back, no questions. Free shipping by Dooney isn't worth being being to dry run the bag in real life for weeks.

@1Professor  I will agree with you that the Q is quite generous in that regard. I am probably an oddball and I have only returned one handbag ever...and it was back to Macy's. I never even used it. I just thought it was cheap looking and the stitching was poor. It was a plaid satchel with red patent leather trim. Some folks return the handbags they buy more than they keep, so I can't relate to that.

However, I do wish the Q's return dept would clamp down on those who return any items that are not what they should be...

ie...handbags missing the accessories/straps. I think if the Q checked to make sure all the accessories/straps were still with the bag, and if they aren't to charge the returnee. No doubt it's possible that the bags come with missing accessories once in a great while, but I do believe 95-99% of the time, folks are 'stealing' the pieces either for themselves possibly to customize another handbag with the strap or to sell the accessories on EBay...shameful. So another way the Q is 'generous'...IMO, partly no doubt that the Q can't 'prove' the accessories/straps weren't their initially.

I have been quite lucky with the Q's 'as is' and never had missing accessories. I steered clear of those bags that came with accessories (only bought those on EBay) and never got a bag missing a strap...only a dust bag, which I'm fine with since I use pillowcases anyway.

On the other hand, I have had more than one experience when I bought a set of 'as is' clothes, the top was one size and the pants were another size. I do not believe the Q made the mistake, but someone bought 2 sets and made their own custom set for themselves!!! Bold as brass I say...someday, with that kind of behavior, they will get caught...karma.

Honored Contributor

Same-old, same-old, and I'm not referring to any handbags.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Absolutely insane

[ Edited ]

The same people who are all gaga over these web strap D&B will put down a tig bag for having PVC trim. I'd take PVC over webbing any day. I have also often read the put down of the web straps on Travelon bags here on this board by the dooney crowd.Don't hear that now that the oh so perfect D&B is using webbing.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@clangle wrote:

Actually, I find it more irksome that they can't throw in free S&H for a $500 purse that probably weighs all of a couple pounds at most.

I agree. Shipping is free from the Dooney site. So, if the same bag is at both QVC and Dooney direct for the same price, as is often the case, I have no choice but to buy direct.

@libbyannE @stevieb

The big difference, for me, is that Dooney will not accept a return for a bag you have used. Let alone used for a month. Q takes them back, no questions. Free shipping by Dooney isn't worth being being to dry run the bag in real life for weeks.

@1Professor  I will agree with you that the Q is quite generous in that regard. I am probably an oddball and I have only returned one handbag ever...and it was back to Macy's. I never even used it. I just thought it was cheap looking and the stitching was poor. It was a plaid satchel with red patent leather trim. Some folks return the handbags they buy more than they keep, so I can't relate to that.

However, I do wish the Q's return dept would clamp down on those who return any items that are not what they should be...

ie...handbags missing the accessories/straps. I think if the Q checked to make sure all the accessories/straps were still with the bag, and if they aren't to charge the returnee. No doubt it's possible that the bags come with missing accessories once in a great while, but I do believe 95-99% of the time, folks are 'stealing' the pieces either for themselves possibly to customize another handbag with the strap or to sell the accessories on EBay...shameful. So another way the Q is 'generous'...IMO, partly no doubt that the Q can't 'prove' the accessories/straps weren't their initially.

I have been quite lucky with the Q's 'as is' and never had missing accessories. I steered clear of those bags that came with accessories (only bought those on EBay) and never got a bag missing a strap...only a dust bag, which I'm fine with since I use pillowcases anyway.

On the other hand, I have had more than one experience when I bought a set of 'as is' clothes, the top was one size and the pants were another size. I do not believe the Q made the mistake, but someone bought 2 sets and made their own custom set for themselves!!! Bold as brass I say...someday, with that kind of behavior, they will get caught...karma.

Agree! As I said, I would never use something and then return it. To be honest, I thought QVC 's policy meant you could take your time to decide, not that you could use it! I guess I have too much respect for the product and for other consumers to knowingly return something that I may have used and, heaven forbid, gotten a scratch on.  QVC policy should state that you can only return an item in original, unused, unworn condition.

Respected Contributor

Re: Absolutely insane

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

The same pe3ople who are all gaga over these web strrap bags will put down a tig bag for having PVC trim. I'd take PVC over webbing any day. I have also often read the put down of the web straps on Travelon bags here on this board by the dooney crowd.Don't hear that now that the oh so perfect D&B is using webbing.

Why are you angry! I did not even know there was a " Dooney crowd." I buy many brands. I had no idea that there are people who get upset about a handbag! There is lots of choice for everyone, as I have pointed out again and again, It does not ever bother me if someone doesn't like something that I like. Why would I care? Stop taking things personally. I thought we were just sharing opinions and experience. Nothing personal. 

p.s. I forgot earlier to add that the strap is natural, cotton and leather, which not only plays into the guitar-strap and the messenger trend but, more important, wears like iron. Tignanello's cheap vinyl trims do not.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise @stevieb

Actually, I've only returned two handbags; both were bright colors that I kept looking at and not liking, after all.

However I do return sweaters and gadgets, so love the generous return policy.

Haven't bought a new purse in awhile after my complete splurge on a Gucci (used money from consignment store purses they sold for me:

409529_KU2IN_8693_001_070_0000_Light-Blooms-GG-Supreme-top-handle-bag.jpg

gg409529-5.jpg

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@clangle wrote:

@libbyannE @stevieb

Agree! As I said, I would never use something and then return it. To be honest, I thought QVC 's policy meant you could take your time to decide, not that you could use it! I guess I have too much respect for the product and for other consumers to knowingly return something that I may have used and, heaven forbid, gotten a scratch on.  QVC policy should state that you can only return an item in original, unused, unworn condition.

@libbyannE, actually they make it very clear on-air that you can use a product for 30 days and return it. It's one of their big selling points. I am so glad for that, too, because otherwise we would have been stuck with last George Foreman grill -- very bad in several ways.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

The purse  is beautiful and if someone wants to buy it and has the money I think that it is fine, Women at some point in their life need to reward themself with the luxury of owning a fine handbag.. It's worth the money to buy something that you love. Dooney has quality handbags that last a lifetime. The leather is unsurpassed. Why not pay that price for something of high quality. I do not judge someone who chooses to buy something they love.

And I like the strap on this purse. It would be comfy on the shoulder.