Honored Contributor

Re: ? About Cleaning/Washing Sak Crocheted Bag

No no no - don't stuff it to dry - just lay it flat. I put a towel on top of the washer and lay them on it. I've washed my white one several times.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

No no no - don't stuff it to dry - just lay it flat. I put a towel on top of the washer and lay them on it. I've washed my white one several times.

@151949I ended up not stuffing it, I just laid it flat to dry and flipped and shaped it a few times before I went to bed.  It looks perfect this morning; clean, dry, and in its original shape!

Thanks to all for your advice!

Honored Contributor

I have a white mini sak crochet bag and often when I carry it is to church. If it's crowded and I can't put it on the pew beside me it ends up on the floor, thus it has needed washed a few times. I put it in a lingerie bag on gentle cool water in woolite. Comes out great , always nice & clean, and then I lay a towel across the top of the dryer and just lay it flat on the towel to dry.Once had a coffee stain on it and justb pretreated with shout - came out perfectly.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949I ended up not stuffing it, I just laid it flat to dry and flipped and shaped it a few times before I went to bed.  It looks perfect this morning; clean, dry, and in its original shape!

Thanks to all for your advice!

@Caligurll

I'm glad you had success washing your SAK. I remember I was hesitant to wash my first one, too. It really is very easy and they come out looking like new! My oldest one is 16 years old and you'd never know it.