Trusted Contributor

Re: ANYONE EVER ORDERED A USED BAG?

Yes, I've recently bought 4 Dooney & Bourke "pre-loved" bags off eBay and there's nothing wrong with them at all, I love them and saved $$$. At first the thought of a used handbag bothered me but when I received them and saw what good bags they were, doesn't make a bit of difference. I'm waiting on my 5th D&B I'm buying off Poshmark LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:  I RECEIVED THE BAG TODAY      I love it!  It is very clean and has no odor and was wrapped well and arrived fast from the USA.  The leather is very soft and it is just the perfect size.   Thanks to all that gave advice.  I am more for a new bag, but this bag has been discontinued and I really wanted it.   

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe Yay!  So glad you weren't disappointed!  Enjoy!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There was a certain B Makowsky bag I loved.  I purchased two more of these in different colors from Ebay, neither over 29.00.  I've been very happy with both.  

Honored Contributor

I've sold since 2003 on eBay, and have bought all kinds of used handbags and never received one with a problem or smell.  But I do REALLY research the Seller, ask questions before I buy.  When I sold a handbag I always stuffed it carefully, got a box that fit the bag and paid for at least half the shipping to ship it, shipped it Priority with Insurance.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

My current Dooney came from Ebay as pre-owned.  Pristine condition.  I'm a big Ebay fan and never had any issues.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

My current Dooney came from Ebay as pre-owned.  Pristine condition.  I'm a big Ebay fan and never had any issues.

I bought a Brown one and now I see they have a red one.  I might buy that one also.  LOL   I don't really need a red one but it won't be the first time I bought something that I didn't need.  LOL  I like changing my handbag often.  I get bored with the same one all the time.  

Trusted Contributor

I've purchased both new and pre-owned bags from Ebay with no problems.  Just read the descriptions and look at the photos very carefully and read reviews.  Most of the reputable sellers describe the bag in great detail, show measurements, etc.

My latest buy was a super cute Dooney wristlet, which the seller claimed she only used once.  I got it for $12 inc shipping.  It looks brand new Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Never bought a used bag and never would.  I'm not a purchaser of used items but especially something where you put very personal things into that may touch your face,  like glasses and tissues,  and other items.  I just would not feel comfortable.

I hope you enjoy your bag. 

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe I have bought two Chanel used bags. One from the Real Real and the other from Vestiaire Collective🌻